Big East and Fox

• 21 replies
Big East and Fox
« on: December 31, 2016, 03:21:12 PM »
With the league exceeding expectations, once the Fox contract is up the league is going to have leverage. That said I would prefer for the league to be back on ESPN. I'm sure ESPN would likely get rid of The American.

Monetarily league is going to be in good position

TONYD3

Re: Big East and Fox
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 03:48:01 PM »
With the league exceeding expectations, once the Fox contract is up the league is going to have leverage. That said I would prefer for the league to be back on ESPN. I'm sure ESPN would likely get rid of The American.

I think fox does a great job. St. John's actually seems like a priority. Also I may be in the minoritity but I like Tarik turner.

redslope

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 04:12:05 PM »

I think fox does a great job. St. John's actually seems like a priority. Also I may be in the minoritity but I like Tarik turner.
ESPN screwed us by pushing teams to ACC to get FB playoff--look at all FB bowl games on their network.  Would rather show loyalty to those who helped us reorganize and build a great BB conference

PS enjoyed their Big East doubleheader today.  Nova/Creighton lived up to expectations.  We are in trouble versus both
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 04:15:04 PM by redslope »

ras

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 04:12:27 PM »
Just about every SJU is televiised w Fox. Do you think that would be the case w ESPN?

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 04:23:51 PM »
Fox would be fine if they would establish an archived game location a la Espn3.

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 04:44:10 PM »
I think contract with Fox runs for another 9 years after this season so its going to be a while.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 05:22:02 PM »
I love Fox, every game is on TV. Look at Syracuse a ton of their games aren't on national television anymore.

I just wonder if the ratings are what Fox wants honestly, I'd be more worried about them dropping us instead of the other way around.

goredmen

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 06:31:20 PM »
Just about every SJU is televiised w Fox. Do you think that would be the case w ESPN?

At the very least, every game would be streamed on ESPN3

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 07:49:14 PM »

At the very least, every game would be streamed on ESPN3

This is true. Our games were already on espn3 before Fox came along

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2016, 08:26:13 PM »
I love Fox, every game is on TV. Look at Syracuse a ton of their games aren't on national television anymore.

I just wonder if the ratings are what Fox wants honestly, I'd be more worried about them dropping us instead of the other way around.

While this is true, yes. The other side of the coin is that NO shows/events are doing well on Fox Sports 1.

Given the strength of the Conference and the fact that Villanova just won the National Championship I think they are very happy with the Big East.
Don't think about what the ratings are currently for the BE on Fox but think about what the ratings would be if the BE was on ESPN.

I'd say double the figures if not more on the Worldwide Leader of Sports.

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2016, 09:06:41 PM »

While this is true, yes. The other side of the coin is that NO shows/events are doing well on Fox Sports 1.

Given the strength of the Conference and the fact that Villanova just won the National Championship I think they are very happy with the Big East.
Don't think about what the ratings are currently for the BE on Fox but think about what the ratings would be if the BE was on ESPN.

I'd say double the figures if not more on the Worldwide Leader of Sports.
Moderators on Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd shows are not so bad...lol

MCNPA

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2016, 10:36:51 PM »
Fox is good for us and I think it has been a good match...  hard to criticize, considering the deal we have and the relative success of our league. 

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2016, 11:21:48 PM »
I just wish I could rewatch games on Fox Sports Go like you can on ESPN3
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

paultzman

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2017, 09:51:12 AM »

+1

redslope

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2017, 12:58:36 PM »
I think contract with Fox runs for another 9 years after this season so its going to be a while.
Correct--BE has a 12 year deal that started 2013/14.  They not only carry us on cable but also on Fox TV network.  How broadcasting will evolve in the next 9 years is anyone's guess; who knows amazon or Netflix may want college sports???

cjfish

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2017, 06:49:11 PM »

+1

Agree.  I am heading south and missed the game, would love to have watched it if possible

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2017, 07:47:38 PM »
May not be an ESPN in 5 years. Nova winning the title change everything for Fox and Conference. Randy Freer and other big wigs there need us to step up

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2017, 09:06:29 PM »
Fox has been good for the Big East, I hope the Big East has been mutually good for Fox. Not a fan of ESPN, would rather maintain commitment with Fox.

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2017, 11:30:13 PM »
Fox has been great. It seems like every night we have back to back Big East games. Lavin does good work in the studio

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2017, 11:33:27 PM »
This was posted on a Syracuse board:

Once again the game is put on a station that thousands and thousands of paid subscribers don't get. We pay good money for cable, but have to leave the house to watch the local team play a road game? Unbelievable. There is no string of expletives long enough for these vermin.

(I believe the game was on ESPNU)