Lance and Tiny to SJU?????

• 19 replies

SJU79

Lance and Tiny to SJU?????
« on: July 21, 2008, 03:42:17 PM »
Their is a story that has picked up steam that both Lanceand Tiny will be at SJU next yr. This is a story that a few legit people seem to have heard. Please dont shoot the messenger..I have  ZERO knowledge or info just a fan. As an aside a previous post on fasted NYC player with the ball....1987 OSL Arnold Bernard, make Kenny look stupid at Glen Falls.

Re: Lance and Tiny to SJU?????
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 03:50:01 PM »
link to blog ?

or just something overheard ?
Molloy '71

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 04:01:07 PM »
Their is a story that has picked up steam that both Lanceand Tiny will be at SJU next yr. This is a story that a few legit people seem to have heard. Please dont shoot the messenger..I have  ZERO knowledge or info just a fan. As an aside a previous post on fasted NYC player with the ball....1987 OSL Arnold Bernard, make Kenny look stupid at Glen Falls.

WOW I dont know what to think about this. I cant stand Tiny Morton and his shadiness, but on the other hand Lance Stephenson coming to St Johns would be tremendous

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 04:09:11 PM »
for someone with no knowledge or info...you have just broken the biggest scoop in the history of St. John's...

I'll believe it when I see it.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 04:49:52 PM »
This is like Marvel Comics What if and everybody is the Watcher. Once it happens then I believe it. .
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:04:48 PM by Cross61 »

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 05:17:51 PM »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 05:21:42 PM »
so what happened to the oz cross rumor???

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 05:34:38 PM »
my guess is that they are waiting for the AAU season to finish before hiring Cross...gives him more contact with the kids.

Gonzo did the same before hiring Player.

SJU79

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 05:42:06 PM »
New poster so not sure what rules are to linking other pay sites but I originally read it on one, the rumor was confirmed but one of its owners.  Again please dont kill the messenger...I stake NO flase claim to being one of these people in the know.

sjd8886

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 05:55:42 PM »
with this crowd, god help you if you are wrong

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 05:55:52 PM »
new poster indeed...joined today and first post is a bombshell...maybe they'll be coming to St. John's because Lincoln is playing a game at Carnsecca Arena during the season. ???

but go ahead and provide a link...you just can't copy over paysite articles in full.

SJU79

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 07:02:35 PM »
Ok,here is the link. Thanks for the welcome. I am a 48 yr old wall st layoff casualty so I find myself with some extra time. I am a lifetime SJU fan (not a grad) who played at a local HS and at an Ivy college. Son plays now so I find myself interested in the NYC HS Scene.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=103&tid=115892426&mid=115892426&sid=910&style=2

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 09:21:53 PM »
Ok,here is the link. Thanks for the welcome. I am a 48 yr old wall st layoff casualty so I find myself with some extra time. I am a lifetime SJU fan (not a grad) who played at a local HS and at an Ivy college. Son plays now so I find myself interested in the NYC HS Scene.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=103&tid=115892426&mid=115892426&sid=910&style=2

Welcome SJU79, way to start if with a bang! This is a message board so feel free to post any rumor or thoughts you have, even if you have no source or link. Its done here by pretty much everyone(especially me). As for your intial post were you referring to Kenny Anderson getting schooled by Arnold Bernard?

sjd8886

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 09:43:37 PM »
sju79 i hate you lol, i am of course kidding, but i havent been able to concentrate all night bc of your post...ive been imagining lance and omari together and i like it...guys im sure this is in another thread but im extremely lazy...could someone tell me when lance said he is making his decision

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 11:59:31 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.net/2008/07/21/the-lance-to-st-johns-rumor/

I received a couple of emails Monday inquiring about a rumor spreading throughout Las Vegas that St. John’s had offered a position to Lincoln coach Dwayne “Tiny” Morton if Lance Stephenson ended up at the Queens school.

Lance Stephenson Sr. has listed St. John’s as one of his son’s finalists, along with Kansas, USC, UCLA and Memphis, while Lance himself also mentions Texas and Tennessee.

St. John’s has an opening on staff, but Johnnies head coach Norm Roberts says the rumor is not true.

“That’s New York City for you, everybody thinks they know a little bit about everything,” Roberts said in a phone interview for a story running Tuesday on SNY.tv. “They know nothing about nothing. No, no, no. I haven’t offered it. We lost Will Lanier and he went on to work for (Marist head coach) Chuck Martin as basketball operations, so it opened up an (administrative) position for us. But I haven’t done anything with that, probably won’t do anything with that position until maybe sometime in August.”

Still, I’m sure we’ll hear more about this until a) the position is filled or b) Lance makes his choice. Stay tuned…

sjd8886

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 12:09:22 AM »
yea like roberts is gonna say its true if its true...bc if it is true then it makes him look bad bc hes using kind of a trick to get lance here instead of legitimately beating out other schools, which still prob isnt even true considering most other schools are prob buying him houses and cars and constructing statues of him
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 12:10:30 AM by sjd8886 »

pmg911

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 10:24:15 AM »
I made a few calls about this rumor this morning and while everyone thought it would be a great idea most had the same thought...

Lance will never get eligible to play in college and will follow the same path as Brandon Jennings...

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 02:36:26 PM »
you're spot on pmg911...lance's eligibility will be a huge question.  the good news here is that the program finally realizes you have to offer jobs to advisers/parents if you want players.  it's what the elite programs have been doing for years.

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 09:43:44 PM »
you're spot on pmg911...lance's eligibility will be a huge question.  the good news here is that the program finally realizes you have to offer jobs to advisers/parents if you want players.  it's what the elite programs have been doing for years.

Im sure Tiny can get him eligible

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 09:46:56 PM »
The last big program that hired an hs/AAU coach to get a single player was when Villanova was desperate and brought in Jimmy Salmons to get Tim Thomas for a year.