Watson torn ACL

• 3 replies

Marillac

Watson torn ACL
« on: January 24, 2017, 08:38:00 PM »
I didn't see it mentioned here and thought it deserved its own thread.  For those that didn't know, national assist leader and starting  PG for Creighton, Maurice Watson, tore his ACL and his college playing career is over.

I can't remember a more devastating injury for a team and the entire Big East conference than this. That kid made everything happen for Creighton and was literally a mismatch every team in the country. Creighton was a legit Final Four contender with him.  This has been a tough two-week stretch for the conference with him and Myles Davis basically taking Creighton and Xavier out of legit contention for the Final Four.

Wods317

Re: Watson torn ACL
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 08:49:04 PM »
I didn't see it mentioned here and thought it deserved its own thread.  For those that didn't know, national assist leader and starting  PG for Creighton, Maurice Watson, tore his ACL and his college playing career is over.

I can't remember a more devastating injury for a team and the entire Big East conference than this. That kid made everything happen for Creighton and was literally a mismatch every team in the country. Creighton was a legit Final Four contender with him.  This has been a tough two-week stretch for the conference with him and Myles Davis basically taking Creighton and Xavier out of legit contention for the Final Four.

Myles Davis? He barely even played on the team. His role was going to be very small. Losing his didn't hurt them that much. There was a thread earlier where we talked about Watson when the injuriy happened. It's a big blow to them obviously.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 09:21:42 PM »
Really sucks they really were a Final Four contender. Made me think back to DJ Kennedy tearing his ACL in the BET. While we might not have been Final Four contenders what could have been you know.

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 01:05:12 PM »
He was lightning quick.  Only player I've seen yet faster than Marcus.