Rebounding Woes

• 2 replies

Wods317

Re: Rebounding Woes
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 10:27:33 AM »
Boxing out is a problem I have noticed quite a bit. We have a lot of kids who are good leapers like Yakwe, Owens, etc but they don't box out on a lot of rebounds. You can jump over the rim but if you don't put a body on someone they are going to get inside every time. I think if you saw them box out more you would see an increase in the rebounding. It has been a problem for us and like Lovett said it is a problem that can be fixed but it is getting late in the season so the time is now. We need more bulk yes but we need to be more physical as well.

Johnny23

Re: Rebounding Woes
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 11:05:40 AM »
Boxing out is a problem I have noticed quite a bit. We have a lot of kids who are good leapers like Yakwe, Owens, etc but they don't box out on a lot of rebounds. You can jump over the rim but if you don't put a body on someone they are going to get inside every time. I think if you saw them box out more you would see an increase in the rebounding. It has been a problem for us and like Lovett said it is a problem that can be fixed but it is getting late in the season so the time is now. We need more bulk yes but we need to be more physical as well.

Agreed and this is why getting some true bigs is so important. The imbalance in the paint is killing this team.