LoVett Injury

• 123 replies

Foad

Re: LoVett Injury
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2017, 08:19:50 PM »
I talked to Marcus briefly after the Iona game.

LIAR!! I heard it was an extended conversation.

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2017, 08:44:57 PM »
So he's basically just guessing like everybody else. But hey, he'll be right eventually. Just like he was on the Slice thing. Braziller reported there was no truth to the rumor that Slice was leaving until Braziller reported that Slice was leaving

Here is what I know about truth: nearly everything everyone tells you is a lie and the more false it is the louder it is repeated more often.

So I don't believe half of anything I read in the NY Post, much less everything. The fact that some things I read turn out to be false I find reassuring. That you expect even half of it to be true is at best a measure of your gullibility. It has nothing to do with the paper's reliability.

I know where ZB gets his information and know why he spins it the way he does and take it all with less than a grain of salt. Lovett's hurt, he's not hurt, he's back, he's not back, he's flying to California, or he's not. What. Ever. That these rumors are not always true all of the time is less of a story half the time than the fact that they're not true most of the time. (Read it again it makes perfect sense). Sports journalism is idiots who can't write spreading rumors for imbeciles who can barely read about issues that both of them hardly understand. I guess if you want to get upset about it that's your prerogative. They're 8 and 2, tomorrow this time they'll be 9 and 2, there's not a lot of solace for the chronic malcontents. My advice is wait a couple of weeks, the regular season'll set in and disappointment will abound.

Big Daddy Foad bringing the heat. For someone so smart surprised you put games in the win column before they are played. This can come back to bite you in the ass which is very dangerous for you because it is your entire self.  :coolsmiley:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:45:47 PM by Celtics11 »

goredmen

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2017, 08:45:33 PM »
So he's basically just guessing like everybody else. But hey, he'll be right eventually. Just like he was on the Slice thing. Braziller reported there was no truth to the rumor that Slice was leaving until Braziller reported that Slice was leaving

Here is what I know about truth: nearly everything everyone tells you is a lie and the more false it is the louder it is repeated more often.

So I don't believe half of anything I read in the NY Post, much less everything. The fact that some things I read turn out to be false I find reassuring. That you expect even half of it to be true is at best a measure of your gullibility. It has nothing to do with the paper's reliability.

I know where ZB gets his information and know why he spins it the way he does and take it all with less than a grain of salt. Lovett's hurt, he's not hurt, he's back, he's not back, he's flying to California, or he's not. What. Ever. That these rumors are not always true all of the time is less of a story half the time than the fact that they're not true most of the time. (Read it again it makes perfect sense). Sports journalism is idiots who can't write spreading rumors for imbeciles who can barely read about issues that both of them hardly understand. I guess if you want to get upset about it that's your prerogative. They're 8 and 2, tomorrow this time they'll be 9 and 2, there's not a lot of solace for the chronic malcontents. My advice is wait a couple of weeks, the regular season'll set in and disappointment will abound.

Thank you for admitting Zach is no better than CNN

Foad

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2017, 10:24:26 PM »

Thank you for admitting Zach is no better than CNN

Admitting is an odd choice. This is how this conversation went.

A: "Braziller has been wrong ... every step of the way."

B: No, he hasn't been wrong always.

A: Yes, but he's been wrong sometimes

B: Everyone is wrong sometimes.

A Thanks for admitting he is wrong sometimes.

B <blows brains out>

« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2017, 12:16:53 AM »
I just hope he gets back soon.  I miss him.   :(

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2017, 10:36:56 AM »

I am not comfortable sharing a favorite player with you.
I am going to have to move on from Lovett and adopt Simon.

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2017, 01:17:25 PM »

I am not comfortable sharing a favorite player with you.
I am going to have to move on from Lovett and adopt Simon.

It's only natural that as you become older and wiser you're going to be agreeing with me more. 

Don't run from it...Embrace it.

hnk

« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2017, 09:32:34 AM »
Is he back on campus? Working out at practice?

Wods317

« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2017, 09:51:30 AM »
Is he back on campus? Working out at practice?

I think all the kids seem to be coming back to campus today. They all went home and yesterday was Christmas obviously 

hnk

« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2017, 10:07:41 AM »
Is he back?

hnk

« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2017, 11:02:05 AM »
Supposedly, still day-to-day.

goredmen

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2017, 11:11:46 AM »
Looking like he will be out again. So basically ZB was wrong the whole time up until he reports him out.

So either 3 things are happening here:

A) The coaching/training staff is completely incompetent when it comes to diagnosing and healing what is supposedly a minor injury.
B) The injury is much more severe than the staff has been letting on publicly.
C) Lovett not playing for a month has nothing to do with an injury at all.

« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2017, 11:31:33 AM »
Looking like he will be out again. So basically ZB was wrong the whole time up until he reports him out.

So either 3 things are happening here:

A) The coaching/training staff is completely incompetent when it comes to diagnosing and healing what is supposedly a minor injury.
B) The injury is much more severe than the staff has been letting on publicly.
C) Lovett not playing for a month has nothing to do with an injury at all.

Looking like B. A would not surprise me though.

MCNPA

« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2017, 11:56:59 AM »
It's not always a conspiracy people...  knee ligament sprains and strains, based on severity can get better as early as 3 weeks to as much as 8 weeks.  The treatment is still just ice, non steroidal meds, rest and elevation.   The answer with a sprain/strain answer is still " when the knee feels better".  I don't think anybody is pulling any wool of our eyes, although it's always a possibility aka Belechick.  If it's still hurting and he can't perform as well as he should it is still "day to day". 

goredmen

« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2017, 12:02:50 PM »
It's not always a conspiracy people...  knee ligament sprains and strains, based on severity can get better as early as 3 weeks to as much as 8 weeks.  The treatment is still just ice, non steroidal meds, rest and elevation.   The answer with a sprain/strain answer is still " when the knee feels better".  I don't think anybody is pulling any wool of our eyes, although it's always a possibility aka Belechick.  If it's still hurting and he can't perform as well as he should it is still "day to day". 

Nobody is day-to-day like this for a month. It doesn't happen. Not even in the NBA where 3 guys per team are hurt at any given time has there been a guy who has been a game-time decision for 4 straight weeks

MCNPA

« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2017, 12:06:09 PM »

Nobody is day-to-day like this for a month. It doesn't happen. Not even in the NBA where 3 guys per team are hurt at any given time has there been a guy who has been a game-time decision for 4 straight weeks

When you have a strain or sprain often the injury is mild if at all visible on MRI.  I'm guessing the staff thought he'd be right back after initial reports came back.   Maybe they shouldn't have jumped the gun.   Still4-8 weeks isn't uncommon, and it still all dependsys on how Lovett feels, and nothing else.  There is no real treatment except rest and when the person's body says so.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 12:07:55 PM by MCNPA »

goredmen

« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2017, 12:12:26 PM »

When you have a strain or sprain often the injury is mild if at all visible on MRI.  I'm guessing the staff thought he'd be right back after initial reports came back.   Maybe they shouldn't have jumped the gun.   Still4-8 weeks isn't uncommon.

So that sounds like a combination of options A and B I posted above. I suppose it's possible the staff misdiagnosed him when the injury first happened and is now continuing this "day-to-day" charade to save face. But there's no way the staff thought he could potentially play on that west coast trip and he's still out. And if they did that just screams complete incompetence.

Better hope nobody jams a finger going for a rebound, that might turn into a 3 week injury

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2017, 12:26:48 PM »
Based on the recent history of this program I wouldn’t be shocked if he never came back.  Saw him on the court during warmups vs. Iona and he wasn’t even limping. Looked fine. I just find this very hard to believe that he’s been day to day for a month.

hnk

« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2017, 12:28:43 PM »
Maybe staff thinks he can play, but he and/or his father think he can't/shouldn't.   The team chemistry without him is fine to great.  Without him, we are obviously short-handed.

paultzman

« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2017, 12:31:42 PM »
Conspiracy theories abound