LoVett Injury

• 123 replies
Re: LoVett Injury
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2017, 12:37:34 PM »
It's not always a conspiracy people...  knee ligament sprains and strains, based on severity can get better as early as 3 weeks to as much as 8 weeks.  The treatment is still just ice, non steroidal meds, rest and elevation.   The answer with a sprain/strain answer is still " when the knee feels better".  I don't think anybody is pulling any wool of our eyes, although it's always a possibility aka Belechick.  If it's still hurting and he can't perform as well as he should it is still "day to day". 

Nobody is day-to-day like this for a month. It doesn't happen. Not even in the NBA where 3 guys per team are hurt at any given time has there been a guy who has been a game-time decision for 4 straight weeks

When you have a strain or sprain often the injury is mild if at all visible on MRI.  I'm guessing the staff thought he'd be right back after initial reports came back.   Maybe they shouldn't have jumped the gun.   Still4-8 weeks isn't uncommon, and it still all dependsys on how Lovett feels, and nothing else.  There is no real treatment except rest and when the person's body says so.

Lovett was benched a couple times last year in games he came off the bench and did not start. From couple people I trust, I gather he is not a bad guy but has attendance, lateness issues. Should not be surprising considering his HS career.
Not saying that is what is happening now, but I would not be surprised by it.

goredmen

« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2017, 12:40:09 PM »
Conspiracy theories abound

The program brought it on themselves with this one

QuanMan

« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2017, 12:56:03 PM »
From a strategic standpoint, why would the program reveal anything until gametime? Providence hasn't released anything regarding Diallo or Cartwright as well.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2017, 01:28:30 PM »
What was it Freud said about Cigars?

« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2017, 01:36:19 PM »
Maybe he has a toothache?

wpc77

« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2017, 01:55:17 PM »
Hopefully this is just shadyness with an injury that is more serious than they want to let on, like the Knicks with Hathaway jr

hnk

« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2017, 01:56:19 PM »
Head case. Obviously, talented.  And mostly uncoachable.   We'll survive with or without him.  Too many shots.  Too few assists.  Way, way too many lapses on defense.   Hard to play team defense with four guys,
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 01:59:55 PM by hnk »

« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2017, 02:06:52 PM »
Kid is a major talented college guard. Forget stats, he is a must on court, healthy as much as possible. He changes dynamic of game.

« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2017, 02:07:00 PM »
Head case. Obviously, talented.  And mostly uncoachable.   We'll survive with or without him.  Too many shots.  Too few assists.  Way, way too many lapses on defense.   Hard to play team defense with four guys,

Won't make tourney w/o him

hnk

« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2017, 02:10:24 PM »
Won't make tournament with him if doesn't play defense and remains uncoachable. Agree he is major talent, but with lots and lots of issues. And he's the only one on the team not with the program.  All the other guys are getting it almost all of the time. 

At times, Simon, Ponds, Owens, Clarke, and Ahmed all change the dynamic of games too.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 02:12:42 PM by hnk »

QuanMan

« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2017, 02:13:26 PM »
Zach Braziller‏Verified account @NYPost_Brazille ยท 1m1 minute ago 

St. John's coach Chris Mullin on Marcus LoVett: "When he's heathy, he'll play. He's working is way back. He has to get his body ready." #sjubb. Said LoVett didn't practice yesterday, but did some shooting.

--Early Vegas line has the Johnnies as 7 point favorites.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2017, 02:16:45 PM »
Harsh.  No evidence he is "uncoachable".  Yes, he's had a flighty past; yes, he can play out of control at times; yes he needs to get others involved, etc, but by all accounts he's been a very good teammate the past few years, the players love him and he seems to listen to the staff who allow him to play with freedom, even though some may not like it.  The "not showing up on time" is frustrating for all involved i'm sure, but I'm a fan of the kid.

paultzman

« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2017, 02:18:43 PM »

Not to mention Ponds & Simon playing iron man minutes in BE play is recipe for problems. Trimble is a freshman & you can't expect him to be the third guard on regular basis. Obviously we need Marcus. Btw from what I hear,  Mullin & staff really appreciate having LoVett, although they are obviously demanding more from him defensively. Hopefully we see him on the court sooner than later. We need him.

« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2017, 02:20:47 PM »
From a strategic standpoint, why would the program reveal anything until gametime? Providence hasn't released anything regarding Diallo or Cartwright as well.

The only player who's likely out for Providence tomorrow is Maliek White.  Nothing has been mentioned about Diallo and Cartwright as you've stated above.

But, I sense one or both (Diallo/Cartwright) will play tomorrow.

« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2017, 02:33:58 PM »

Not to mention Ponds & Simon playing iron man minutes in BE play is recipe for problems. Trimble is a freshman & you can't expect him to be the third guard on regular basis. Obviously we need Marcus. Btw from what I hear,  Mullin & staff really appreciate having LoVett, although they are obviously demanding more from him defensively. Hopefully we see him on the court sooner than later. We need him.

In a perfect world, Ahmed would come off the bench and Owens would start to give us a bigger and more conventional lineup. If / when Lovett does come back he will probably come off the bench which would sort of serve the same purpose.

paultzman

« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2017, 02:42:17 PM »

In a perfect world, Ahmed would come off the bench and Owens would start to give us a bigger and more conventional lineup. If / when Lovett does come back he will probably come off the bench which would sort of serve the same purpose.

Agree

paultzman

« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2017, 02:56:22 PM »
Braziller
St. John's coach Chris Mullin on Marcus LoVett: "When he's heathy, he'll play. He's working is way back. He has to get his body ready." #sjubb. Said LoVett didn't practice yesterday, but did some shooting.

« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2017, 02:57:38 PM »

Wow!  The only thing right here is "Obviously, talented".

« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2017, 02:59:46 PM »
Won't make tournament with him if doesn't play defense and remains uncoachable. Agree he is major talent, but with lots and lots of issues. And he's the only one on the team not with the program.  All the other guys are getting it almost all of the time. 

At times, Simon, Ponds, Owens, Clarke, and Ahmed all change the dynamic of games too.

Wtf I actually agree with you. Simon is a more important piece than Lovett

hnk

« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2017, 03:05:39 PM »
I must be wrong.