Seton Hall game

• 121 replies
Re: Seton Hall game
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2018, 11:59:21 PM »
Owens was clearly upset throughout the game.  With Ponds n particular who missed him wide open under the hoop several times only to throw up a silly shot

Poison

« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2018, 12:23:16 AM »
Owens looks like he has given up.  just speculating but don't think he'll be back

I've noticed his dad being more vocal in regards to his frustrations, too.  He could very well be back, but I wouldn't exactly bank on it.

His dad said "I mean one step closer to the end of season. I'm ready for this season to end emotionally drained. Tired of seeing my son work so hard and we do dumb shit."

Don't think Tariq will be back....

Tariq was awful on Saturday. He wasn't the only one, but he did plenty of dumb shit himself.

Poison

« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2018, 12:24:21 AM »
Owens was clearly upset throughout the game.  With Ponds n particular who missed him wide open under the hoop several times only to throw up a silly shot

Owens doesn't box out. Not on Saturday. Not ever. He has no business pointing a finger at anyone.

« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2018, 09:21:52 AM »
Owens looks like he has given up.  just speculating but don't think he'll be back

I've noticed his dad being more vocal in regards to his frustrations, too.  He could very well be back, but I wouldn't exactly bank on it.

His dad said "I mean one step closer to the end of season. I'm ready for this season to end emotionally drained. Tired of seeing my son work so hard and we do dumb shit."

Don't think Tariq will be back....

We can't afford to lose anyone but I am not going to be held hostage emotionally over Tariq Owens. I hope he stays as he is a solid role player but he needs to gain 15 pounds just to be skinny.

Johnny23

« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2018, 10:19:50 AM »
Holy overly emotional crowd. The Dad is simply saying he's sick and tired of the dumb play and I don't blame him one bit. He's unequivocally right. Owens hustle is underrated. We all better hope he's back next year because we need his veteran presence down low regardless of how skinny he is.  Some of you read wayyy to much into twitter and all this other social media bs. The Dad is being honest. No harm in that.

TONYD3

« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2018, 10:46:15 AM »
Holy overly emotional crowd. The Dad is simply saying he's sick and tired of the dumb play and I don't blame him one bit. He's unequivocally right. Owens hustle is underrated. We all better hope he's back next year because we need his veteran presence down low regardless of how skinny he is.  Some of you read wayyy to much into twitter and all this other social media bs. The Dad is being honest. No harm in that.
That is what I got from it also.

« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2018, 10:53:13 AM »

Don't follow twitter and not on facebook both of which are extremely stupid. In fact if I had James Bond's license to kill, Zuckerberg  would be pretty high on my list.
Didn't dad say he should get more shots? Which is a Father thing to say and if he didn't have social media no one would know or care. And people not me were speculating he might leave. My point is other than Ponds and Simon I as in my opinion couldn't care less.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:54:53 AM by we are sju »

« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2018, 11:46:56 AM »

I'm far from an irrational person or someone who immediately jump to conclusions.  It's also not like his dad is a kid where you would have to decipher what he means.  His dad's words are rather to the point (per him being "honest"). 

The only thing I've stated is his dad has been more vocal in his frustrations and not to pencil his son in when it comes to the roster next season.  I never said, he wouldn't be back.  I would just wait 'til Mullin has had a chance to meet with the kids and some of their folks after the season before seeing or knowing who will be back. 

Lastly, being Tariq's dad  was also non-committal when asked whether Tariq would be back next season is even more reason to not exactly pencil in his son just yet for next season. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:48:03 AM by mjdinkins »

Johnny23

« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2018, 03:24:46 PM »

Don't follow twitter and not on facebook both of which are extremely stupid. In fact if I had James Bond's license to kill, Zuckerberg  would be pretty high on my list.
Didn't dad say he should get more shots? Which is a Father thing to say and if he didn't have social media no one would know or care. And people not me were speculating he might leave. My point is other than Ponds and Simon I as in my opinion couldn't care less.

;D I'm with you there.

Johnny23

« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2018, 03:27:33 PM »

I'm far from an irrational person or someone who immediately jump to conclusions.  It's also not like his dad is a kid where you would have to decipher what he means.  His dad's words are rather to the point (per him being "honest"). 

The only thing I've stated is his dad has been more vocal in his frustrations and not to pencil his son in when it comes to the roster next season.  I never said, he wouldn't be back.  I would just wait 'til Mullin has had a chance to meet with the kids and some of their folks after the season before seeing or knowing who will be back. 

Lastly, being Tariq's dad  was also non-committal when asked whether Tariq would be back next season is even more reason to not exactly pencil in his son just yet for next season.

Yeah no doubt MJD and I agree with your stance. My point was more about the overreactions and extrapolations people take away from social media posts. Sometimes it's just mind boggling.

« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2018, 03:29:33 PM »

Yeah no doubt MJD and I agree with your stance. My point was more about the overreactions and extrapolations people take away from social media posts. Sometimes it's just mind boggling.

+1

« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2018, 03:35:08 PM »
Would not be surprised if both Clark and Owens use the graduate transfer year

« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2018, 03:48:24 PM »

Nothing would actually surprise me when it comes to this program, but I do believe Clark stays put.  I'm not so sure about Owens.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 03:49:24 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2018, 04:40:56 PM »
s Owens I'm not sure about but there isn't even a question in my mind about clark being back

« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2018, 05:00:21 PM »

Will you be surprised is Ponds is suspended for the Big East tournament?
Fire Mullin.

Marillac

« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2018, 06:30:33 PM »

Clark would be silly to do so. He won't find a role like he has here and the open shots with good looks from  Ponds when he's doubled. He's got an automatic 4-5 open treys a game just based on Ponds. Mullin allows him to play with freedom too.

Owens won't get the same minutes anywhere else with his build.

TONYD3

« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2018, 06:35:07 PM »

Clark would be silly to do so. He won't find a role like he has here and the open shots with good looks from  Ponds when he's doubled. He's got an automatic 4-5 open treys a game just based on Ponds. Mullin allows him to play with freedom too.

Owens won't get the same minutes anywhere else with his build.
That the way I see it also. Hopefully that is what Owens thinks.

goredmen

« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2018, 06:48:16 PM »

Didn't you post "would not be surprised if Lovett is back next year" on this site just a couple of weeks ago?

« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2018, 07:27:19 PM »
I'd be shocked if both aren't back.  After the piece that just ran on Clark he seems very happy at SJU.  Tariq's Dad is very open and honest with both praise and criticism, but he has complimented the staff a million times.  I'm sure they will sit down at season's end and think about what they want to do but having a guy like Kieta who Owens can play with will help him even more, and Mullin gives him some rope in developing his jump shot.  I'm sure Owens gets frustrated at times when he isn't playing well and not getting the ball - as all kids do - but part of his offensive issues have so much to do with the fact that he doesn't have the size or skills yet for a back to the basket game.  Against the Hall, he was given the ball a few times with smaller players on him and instead of being aggressive he immediately kicked it out.

« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2018, 08:16:26 PM »
Please tell me exactly where Tariq Owens is going to go that will provide him more playing time in a big time conference?