Visiting St. John's 8/8/08 Jungle Update.....Photos are up!

• 24 replies
Visiting St. John's 8/8/08 Jungle Update.....Photos are up!
« on: August 08, 2008, 12:00:15 AM »
I will be heading into Queens tomorrow. I will be taking care of a lot of Johnny Jungle business. Anything you would like to know or for me to take photos of please post. I will have access to the forum so I will be live blogging in this thread site on scene. I'm hoping to catch some pickup games with the guys, see what's going on construction wise, and I will be meeting with a designer from Brooklyn to get proofs on the official Johnny Jungle T-Shirts, which I want to have up for sale by September 1st.

Last year we never got a chance to take off the training wheels but this year I think we're ready. I've been busier than I thought I'd be with work over the past month which has caused delays in some areas of the site I thought I'd have ready to near ready by now. However we'll be ready to go by preseason.

So please post anything you might like to know while I'm on campus tomorrow.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 11:01:44 PM by JJ »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
Re: Visiting St. John's 8/8/08 Jungle Update
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 06:59:46 AM »
JJ - Try to get a few pictures of the "new guys" in action... and if Horne is around ask him if he plans to start this year & at which position. Also, ask Coker if he plans on taking over the center spot & what he thinks of the teams chances this year in the Big East.. ;D .. a scouting reort on how each looks during the pick-up games would be much appreciated as well.. :) .. IMO, these two kids development are one of the "keys" to the upcoming season.

p.s. - keep up the GREAT work dude.. 8) .. can't wait to get one of the "official" jungle t-sirts as well.

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 08:30:06 AM »
Evrybdy seem to foget that the key to the season is gonna rest on the mighty mighty  shoulders of one Malik Boothe.

Once again, he the only tru point we got on our team and I truly see the brotha playin 35 this season. So why'll pickup aint no good of a barometer maybe y'all can talk to the playaz 'bout who ermegin as a tru leader. My hopes is that Malik come up in the convo.

Much respct as per the case for yo dedication on our behalfs.

-Choz4Life 

Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 08:40:05 AM »
This is if they're playing I know both Sean and DJ went home for the weekend

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 08:53:16 AM »
I'm interested to find out what kind of shot Q. Roberts and T. Edmondson have.  With Larry gone we need one of those 2 to step up as Freshman.

Ask Malik Boothe what he thinks he weaknesses are and what kind of things he's done to improve in the offseason.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 09:05:15 AM »
how does carnesecca arena look?

kjd01067

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 09:41:20 AM »
I would like to hear more about Phil... What can we expect?  Is he a project?  Do you think he can take some pressure of JB?  Thanks Dave!

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 10:01:14 AM »
Boothe is important, but I think Rob Thomas could make a biggest impact if he can return to the guy who would grab a rebound start the and finish the break. Rob is a guy who could easily be double digit rebounder and scorer.

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 10:25:31 AM »
how does carnesecca arena look?

I have my camera so I will take some pictures and not of all tractors like on the school website

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 10:49:25 AM »
Yeah, the new jacks, try to find out about them (though there isn't enough time for everything).  Ask them what work they've been asked to do in the offseason if you can.  And if they've been keeping up with the rest of the league or have come across any of the local players from other teams (you know, the who-knows-who stuff that I always find interesting).

And perhaps what they've been doing for fun over the summer. 

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 11:20:37 AM »
maybe you could ask them what they think about omari and kev im not sure if they can talk about it bout i think it would be interesting to know.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 11:26:18 AM »
maybe you could ask them what they think about omari and kev im not sure if they can talk about it bout i think it would be interesting to know.

I would think the players (not coaches) can talk to and about recruits as much and whenever, they want.

Molloy '71

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 12:03:39 PM »
Boothe's development is the most important key to this season. He will control the pace of the game and his assist to turnover ratio will be key to the number of empty possessions (hopefully lower this year) we will have this season. My questions are what was his mindset going into the offseason knowning he would be given the keys to the car and what aspects of his game did he work on this summer.

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 12:14:10 PM »
well I'm on campus

Gym is quiet a few players from the womens team are in the training room.

Carnesseca is still in shambles, completely gutted from the outside, lobby, and gym. The workers were far and few. No heavy machines were being used.

The main part of campus around st johns hall is gorgeous. They really did a great job with layi g everything out and the landscaping is impressive.

I'm heading towards the townhouses now which look near complete and really really nice

I'll post more later

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 12:23:23 PM »
Da'shena Stevens is a cutie!!!....Hey if any or any chance can you tell how the academic/university center is coming a long. Thanks man

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 12:41:22 PM »
Yea I got pictures of everything.

There is girls camp going on now so the gym is packed so no pickup today

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 12:43:25 PM »
what about the outdoor courts near ROTC site?

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 02:01:25 PM »

Hey JJ- we're VERY disappointed in you lack of planning
to show up when the Guys cant even get into the gym !!
lol
Molloy '71

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 03:52:31 PM »

Hey JJ- we're VERY disappointed in you lack of planning
to show up when the Guys cant even get into the gym !!
lol

Haha well catching the players play was only icing on the cake. I had a very productive meeting with the designer of the Johnny Jungle T-Shirts and I think we came up with a lot of great ideas.

I ran into Norm but didn't speak with him he was in the middle of a meeting.

I tried getting a free lunch at Montgoris saying I was with the orientation group but my bluff was called since there was no orientation group on campus at the moment. :(

I've got a lot of good photos a little more indepth look, I hope then what we've gotten from the school site.

I saw Tyshwan walking over by double J's but I was in a car so I didn't get a chance to speak with him. He's pretty tall and long but is definitely skinny but he does look like he can add size.

I'll be here for parts of tomorrow so perhaps I'll catch some of them then.

gonzalo

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 09:40:16 AM »
Thanks for the report.

Kevin Parrom will visit St. John´s unoficially August 11. Would there be possible that students will take part on the visit?