Rutgers Predictions

• 72 replies
Re: Rutgers Predictions
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2018, 08:57:47 PM »
Eighteen assists and a school record for 3's. All 3's coming off of penetration, or skips, or transition.......in rhythm. Ponds taking on his PG duties like a winner. I hope this becomes the norm. This was fun.

cjfish

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2018, 08:58:44 PM »
Earlington throwing it up....not shy

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2018, 09:00:34 PM »
Earlington throwing it up....not shy

He might have been throwing it up but I was throwing up
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2018, 09:15:27 PM »
Positives
Mullin and staff out-coached Steve Pikell and Rutgers.
Defensive effort, appeared to be better coached on defense.
Outside shooting of Figueroa, Heron, Clark.
Team rebounding, everyone crashing the boards.
Josh Roberts sighting. Need to see more of him, he looked great in the last 2-3 minutes of the game.

Things to Work On
The Carmelo Ponds act needs to end. In the 1st half, Ponds was a black hole to the point everyone else just stood around. He did find the open man in the 2nd half.

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2018, 09:29:49 PM »
Positives
Josh Roberts sighting. Need to see more of him, he looked great in the last 2-3 minutes of the game.

Things to Work On
The Carmelo Ponds act needs to end. In the 1st half, Ponds was a black hole to the point everyone else just stood around. He did find the open man in the 2nd half.

Agreed on everything. One thing on Ponds; I take this second half from him and I am super pumped. He has never not been the man, so his willingness to take a step back in the second half is so important. He was a completely different player and his teammates ate. So many good things tonight.

redslope

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2018, 09:45:37 PM »
tonight was an example of Run TMC with the fast up court and the look for open man to shot o/s in less than 10 seconds and if not there the pull out and movement.  Ponds ran the show as a PGand when he did not get the assist he created so someone else was in good position to move the ball for a 2 pass shot.  While we were smaller, our play made RU adapt to US.
We also played excellent defense on defending the 3Ball--RU at 56% (26 of 46) in their first two games.

Exciting basketball that will sell well to future recruits.

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2018, 10:10:53 PM »
Even though Rutgers is picked low in big 10, we saw what us fans have talked about all summer- a talented roster.   We looked under control and guarded the perimeter really well. Spread the court and our talent took over. Mullin must of lit fire under team because other than a 3-4 minute stretch in first half, team dominated. Lots to be excited about, especially when ponds wasn’t ponds, but great thing, we have lots of options to take over and dictate scoring.

Foad

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2018, 10:11:54 PM »
Worried that the team is only three and oh this early in the season, especially considering the low level competition that they faced. Was hoping for a better start. Hopefully they get it together.

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2018, 11:00:42 PM »

TONYD3

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2018, 11:06:22 PM »
Positives

Things to Work On

Team looked prepared on defense. Guys fought hard.

Full court defense- was really just there to slow Rutgers down- Rutgers had a hard time with it. LJ is great at top- but he can’t pick up any stupid fouls

Rebounding- agree they crashed hard- need to box out- they didn’t
Outside shooting- kind of amazing how good it Was
Roberts- looked like he could contribute- the other 2 not so much

They dominated the game for about 32 minutes. Much better effort.
This is what should happen for the next month. Just need to stay out of foul trouble.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 11:07:17 PM by TONYD3 »

Poison

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2018, 11:26:46 PM »
We played great basketball tonight. No one should have any complaints.

I feel badly for Rutgers. I genuinely like Steve Pikiell and I hope they do get it together, but if this game proves any point at all it’s the words of the great Gene Keady: Height is the most overrated skill in basketball. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 01:03:36 AM by Poison »

TONYD3

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2018, 11:40:50 PM »

I feel badly for Rutgers. I genuinely like Steve Pikiell and I hope they do get it together, but if this game proves ones point beyond any doubt it’s the words of the great Gene Keady: Height is the most ovaerrated aspect in basketball.

I feel badly for Rutgers. I genuinely like Steve Pikiell and I hope they do get it together, but if this game proves ones point beyond any doubt it’s the words of the great Gene Keady: Height is the most ovaerrated aspect in basketball.
I like him also. Think he took the wrong job. That team was big. Not much talent. Not mad we didn’t get peter kiss. Big 10 teams might not be as athletic as us. Maybe a better matchup.

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2018, 11:47:50 PM »
Worried that the team is only three and oh this early in the season, especially considering the low level competition that they faced. Was hoping for a better start. Hopefully they get it together.

We missed 16 three pointers tonight.  Do they even practice shooting?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Johnny23

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2018, 10:31:43 AM »
I like him also. Think he took the wrong job. That team was big. Not much talent. Not mad we didn’t get peter kiss. Big 10 teams might not be as athletic as us. Maybe a better matchup.

While Rutgers may not be as athletic as us, not sure I would say the Big 10 as a whole is not. Especially this year they look like the overall better conference. Rutgers is and has always been a bottom feeder since joining the B10 in both football and hoops. I missed most of the game last night until late 2nd half but was pleasantly surprised by the result.

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2018, 11:20:09 AM »

If a Hurley were coaching we would be 5-0 now

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2018, 11:27:51 AM »
What else is there to say? Spacing was great, Heron and LJ were great, Clark picked his spots. Hopefully in a few weeks Keita will be able to fit back in at least defensively.

Looking forward to the next game.

TONYD3

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2018, 11:42:55 AM »
If a Hurley were coaching we would be 5-0 now
Hey big foad and little foad,
Do you guys remember Tulane from 2 years ago and Nebraska from last year?

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2018, 12:14:04 PM »
I genuinely like Steve Pikiell

He sucks.  Will Brown cleaned his clock on a regular basis.

Poison

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2018, 12:28:22 PM »
He sucks.  Will Brown cleaned his clock on a regular basis.

I beg to differ. He left Stony Brook in a much better place than where he found it. He doesn’t have a lot of experienced talent or any talent really but this is year two. Let’s see where he is in a couple of seasons.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 12:45:22 PM by Poison »

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2018, 12:44:22 PM »
Hey big foad and little foad,
Do you guys remember Tulane from 2 years ago and Nebraska from last year?

I would prefer Big Fun and Little Fun but only if I get to be Big Fun. Would be like the ST John's forum version of the Waner brothers Big Poison and Little Poison. But there already is a Poison so that might get confusing.