Roberts/Williams

• 40 replies

Dan

Roberts/Williams
« on: November 20, 2018, 10:01:46 PM »
This team is already getting tired...why are these guys getting zero minutes?

Re: Roberts/Williams
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 10:14:58 PM »
Is there any question about Mullins inability to coach snd manage personnel

TONYD3

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 10:24:36 PM »
If Roberts can’t play 3 minutes each half now. He shouldn’t be here. Before anyone cries. I think he can

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 01:08:19 AM »
If Roberts can’t play 3 minutes each half now. He shouldn’t be here. Before anyone cries. I think he can

If he played three minutes tonight we would have lost. He is raw. He'll be a good one in time but he's not close right now. Get him some time against the cupcakes coming up...maybe even start him.

Dan

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 12:42:52 PM »
they are playing Maryland Eastern Shore next. take a 20 point lead and get these guys minutes.  I know they are raw but they also might transfer if they get zero time

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 01:29:38 PM »
If he played three minutes tonight we would have lost. He is raw. He'll be a good one in time but he's not close right now. Get him some time against the cupcakes coming up...maybe even start him.
On the money!!

sju89tr

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 01:52:47 PM »
They will get worked in Roberts will be a very good defender

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 02:19:44 PM »
Not about Roberts or Williams but just watched st. Louis vs Pitt ....yes he might be worst foul shooter in country but man we really let one get away by not going after French on St. Louis....Right in our backyard and he does it all plays D, blocks shots MONSTER rebounder and has good offense game by the rim. Wish he was one we went hard after

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 02:30:23 PM »
Not about Roberts or Williams but just watched st. Louis vs Pitt ....yes he might be worst foul shooter in country but man we really let one get away by not going after French on St. Louis....Right in our backyard and he does it all plays D, blocks shots MONSTER rebounder and has good offense game by the rim. Wish he was one we went hard after

Yup, that one hurts.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 04:22:15 PM »

I am going to go out on a limb and say they are not good enough to play

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 06:13:30 PM »
they are playing Maryland Eastern Shore next. take a 20 point lead and get these guys minutes.  I know they are raw but they also might transfer if they get zero time
Exactly. These are the kind of kids we attract as transfers because they don't get light and they get recruited over. At least starting Roberts for the first four minutes during the cupcake schedule would show benefits in the BE schedule. Give him Trimble's minutes, he doesn't do much with them.

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 07:43:39 PM »

I'm with you I think they need to moving forward but hard to argue with 5 wins and 0 losses. The team has some rest time but would be nice to see them get some non garbage time.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 08:56:36 PM »
If they are not ready to play some meaningful minutes vs our schedule, then there is a serious problem with their development. Trimble can bang down low vs lower competition but he’s not the solution to our problem. Not saying Roberts is right now, but then we are looking at serious deficiencies down the road.

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2018, 09:11:09 PM »
If they are not ready to play some meaningful minutes vs our schedule, then there is a serious problem with their development. Trimble can bang down low vs lower competition but he’s not the solution to our problem. Not saying Roberts is right now, but then we are looking at serious deficiencies down the road.

Find me a team in that is 5-0 where they have 13 impact players on their roster especially freshman.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2018, 09:15:04 PM »

This is completely unreasonable. Roberts was a three star big man. Almost none of them contribute as freshmen. He's not strong enough to play big minutes.

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2018, 09:26:08 PM »
Find me a team in that is 5-0 where they have 13 impact players on their roster especially freshman.
Not asking for 13, at this point we are asking for an 8th man to help with rest and fould trouble.

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2018, 09:29:36 PM »

I am not talking 13 guys. I’m talking developing a young big, a position where  we currently have a huge hole over next 7 games.  Not unreasonable to ask a coach to do this. It only happens in many programs.

goredmen

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2018, 09:37:03 PM »
I am not talking 13 guys. I’m talking developing a young big, a position where  we currently have a huge hole over next 7 games.  Not unreasonable to ask a coach to do this. It only happens in many programs.

Roberts has been on campus for about 3 months. He was never expected to contribute right away. How fast do you want his development to be? I just want this staff to run some sort of coherent offense, you're asking for them to work miracles.

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2018, 09:37:33 PM »
This is completely unreasonable. Roberts was a three star big man. Almost none of them contribute as freshmen. He's not strong enough to play big minutes.

Never said big minutes, but he needs to play some. A lot of programs RS raw bigs but we are not. If he’s not redshirting, then play him over next 7 games. We have a 6’3 kid trying to bang down low on defense but on offense stands 35 feet from basket. That tells me he’s not an inside player but has to because we have no one else in man to man situations.

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2018, 10:12:01 PM »
Roberts has been on campus for about 3 months. He was never expected to contribute right away. How fast do you want his development to be? I just want this staff to run some sort of coherent offense, you're asking for them to work miracles.

The staff brought this on themselves. One big on roster ready to contribute and it took only 3 games for an injury. Roberts could be a good player in 2-4 years we don’t know- I’m hoping he is. However with better recruiting, staff wouldn’t be asked to work miracles. Unfortunately the position they put themselves in could derail what is off to a great start.