Game 7: Georgia Tech (Hoophall Miami Invitational)

• 251 replies

Dan

Re: Game 7: Georgia Tech (Hoophall Miami Invitational)
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2018, 12:51:48 PM »
hope they have a better second half effort because getting the doors blown off by gtech on a neutral court is a bad loss and not one a ncaa tournament team makes.

Johnny23

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2018, 12:51:58 PM »
It’s coaching

Bingo. Mullin is getting thoroughly outcoached today. SJU is playing street yard ball. No movement. Everyone standing around the perimeter, no coaching whatsoever.

Josh Pastner owning Mullin right now. It's ugly.

goredmen

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2018, 12:52:05 PM »
Just not prepared to attack a 1-3-1 and no adjustment made on the fly to help. Have not made a FG since they rolled out the 1-3-1. Only 2 points scored were on a reach foul called 30 feet from the basket

tnice

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2018, 12:52:46 PM »
Am I the only one watching this game thinking, "why is the guy from the World Series of Poker the color guy on this broadcast?"

Johnny23

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2018, 12:52:55 PM »
Shamorie with the halfcourt heave to cut it under 10 at the half.

Dan

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2018, 12:53:37 PM »
Bingo. Mullin is getting thoroughly outcoached today. SJU is playing street yard ball. No movement. Everyone standing around the perimeter, no coaching whatsoever.

Josh Pastner owning Mullin right now. It's ugly.

100% agree.

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2018, 12:54:58 PM »
Just not prepared to attack a 1-3-1 and no adjustment made on the fly to help. Have not made a FG since they rolled out the 1-3-1. Only 2 points scored were on a reach foul called 30 feet from the basket

We were beating the 1-3-1 early and they took it off.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2018, 12:55:03 PM »
I wonder what Mullin will say at halftime other than nothing?

QuanMan

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2018, 12:55:31 PM »
1) How does Josh not play any minutes amidst that stretch where their big was dominating.

2) Stagnant ball movement, iso ball is inexplainable.

3) They have better talent, hopefully they adjust at half.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2018, 12:56:10 PM »
Great HC short but, Mullin refuses to put a real college coach on his staff. Imagine Rice or O’Toole as the assistant. Tim working out well for Capel. Team always unorganized, long stretches of no Fgs.

tnice

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2018, 12:57:17 PM »
Absolutely. And attacking a 1-3-1 is so easy if you have the shooters we do. You run a 2-1-2 offense; put Simon at the post and spread them top and bottom. You take the big guy out of the game, run them ragged w ball movement, and shoot open 3's all effing day. You shouldnt need halftime to make that adjustment, it should be done in a TO. So frustrating.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 12:57:58 PM by tnice »

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2018, 12:57:49 PM »
1) How does Josh not play any minutes amidst that stretch where their big was dominating.

2) Stagnant ball movement, iso ball is inexplainable.

3) They have better talent, hopefully they adjust at half.

I think it was clear after seeing Roberts play in the last game, he wouldn't be doing much to help us in this game. He's too raw.

Poison

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2018, 12:59:33 PM »
Great HC short but, Mullin refuses to put a real college coach on his staff. Imagine Rice or O’Toole as the assistant. Tim working out well for Capel. Team always unorganized, long stretches of no Fgs.

How do we know that the rest of the staff is the problem? Mullin the coach. He gets the credit when they win. The assistant coaches don’t get credit when they win.

If there’s a problem on the staff at all, it’s Mullin.

Poison

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2018, 01:00:36 PM »
I think it was clear after seeing Roberts play in the last game, he wouldn't be doing much to help us in this game. He's too raw.

Roberts is too raw for high school basketball.

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2018, 01:02:51 PM »
He is the problem I don’t think he wants a real good coach on staff would undermine him.

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2018, 01:03:23 PM »
Chris Mullin is a waste of space on our bench, just like Mitch is. WHERE THE F IS THE COACHING?!!?!?!?!?!? WHY IS ROBERTS ON THE BENCH WHEN THEIR BIG IS KILLING US? WHY HASN'T THERE BEEN ONE SET PLAY CALLED? WHERE THE F IS THE BRAIN TRUST?!? WHY ARE WE FORCING STUPID LAY UPS AND SPINNING FLOATERS...CMON MAN THIS IS RIDICULOUS

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2018, 01:03:56 PM »
I feel like Simon has really taken a step back

Looks a bit lost. I think playing out of position with no Keita has impacted that
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2018, 01:06:29 PM »
Chris Mullin is a waste of space on our bench, just like Mitch is. WHERE THE F IS THE COACHING?!!?!?!?!?!? WHY IS ROBERTS ON THE BENCH WHEN THEIR BIG IS KILLING US? WHY HASN'T THERE BEEN ONE SET PLAY CALLED? WHERE THE F IS THE BRAIN TRUST?!? WHY ARE WE FORCING STUPID LAY UPS AND SPINNING FLOATERS...CMON MAN THIS IS RIDICULOUS

Hi, hello. Roberts would be getting his **** punched in if he were in the game. I think we need to move without the ball more. We're getting good penetration but other 4 guys are ball watching too much and not moving to open space. This is a very winnable game.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2018, 01:07:45 PM »
I feel like Simon has really taken a step back

I've definitely felt this all season

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2018, 01:08:53 PM »
Good. Let them get killed today, and hopefully it will teach them to play harder.

not with Chris Mullin coaching