« on: December 19, 2018, 07:10:45 PM »
Clark always leaves a lot to be desired on the floor. Cmon boy, man up

Re: Game 11: St. Francis Brooklyn
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 07:19:46 PM »
Liking Dixon alot

Johnny23

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 07:38:58 PM »
 Clark with the nasty block! He's playing much more fluid the last few games, getting his legs back.

TONYD3

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 07:50:40 PM »
Clark with the nasty block! He's playing much more fluid the last few games, getting his legs back.
He also went to the basket a few times.

Johnny23

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 07:55:07 PM »
He also went to the basket a few times.

That's what he needs to be doing as that's his strength. He's not a post up guy in any way. He looks like a completely different player the last few games.

When he plays like this we are a very solid team.

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 10:48:06 PM »
Good confidence game for the freshman. Williams starting to look more comfortable in the rotation out there.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 11:09:31 PM »
Likely Williams will see 15 mpg v Sacred Heart as well. Athletic kid. We could use him later on.

Poison

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 11:14:59 PM »
Back from the game. This was our best defensive effort of the season. We rebounded really well tonight.

Offensively we shared the ball, and involved everyone for the first time this year.

Williams had an impressive put back dunk that really wowed the crowd. Tonight was the first time he looked comfortable. Earlington had the play of the game. Good for him for playing attention. Missed the front end of the one and one, and apparently he was the only one on either team who knew that it was a one and one. When he missed it he went right in for the rebound and scored. Free basket. Way to pay attention.

Earlington hit a three as well. It’s a small sample, but from what I’ve seen he looks further along than Roberts.

redslope

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 11:23:10 PM »
has anyone ever seen the likes of Earlington's FT miss where the 4 defenders stand around and watch shooter walk in and put it back in (other than maybe CYO game with 4th graders).  That was one of the most bizarre sequences I have experienced in 40 years of SJU  basketball.

Dan

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 11:32:23 PM »
got to be happy with that game

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2018, 12:05:39 AM »
Great game tonight. Their offense is running like a well oiled machine. Williams can ball and he's going to be an important part of the rotation in conference play. Clark is really having a good year and I think he's the key to us continuing our successful season. They are playing amazing team basketball overall and are more cohesive after every game. I like the philosophy of a weak OOC schedule to help this team form an identity, although I think it would have been nice if we had one tough game close to BE play starting. This team is ready, I can't wait to see what we do in the BE.

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 12:16:29 AM »
How about the range on that pure Trimble bomb? Smooth. That's a weapon I'd like to see more. The kid gets marked and covered on the three point line but you can't cover him out there. I'd rather him shoot a wise open shot 4-5 feet behind the line than a contested or rushed shot from the line. Oh, and the spacing if he actually hit 1 or 2 of them....

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2018, 12:19:17 AM »
has anyone ever seen the likes of Earlington's FT miss where the 4 defenders stand around and watch shooter walk in and put it back in (other than maybe CYO game with 4th graders).  That was one of the most bizarre sequences I have experienced in 40 years of SJU  basketball.

Yes it happens. The ref didn't call out "one shot" and the kids were asleep in a blowout.

I'm very impressed Earlington was so aware. Even I thought it was two shots and thought the whistle after was a Tech on Earlington.

Poison

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2018, 12:42:23 AM »

I have not, but let’s not excuse our players and staff. Our team was standing at mid court. They didn’t know it was a one and one either.

Marillac

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2018, 01:25:00 AM »
I have not, but let’s not excuse our players and staff. Our team was standing at mid court. They didn’t know it was a one and one either.

What? Our guy was the only one who knew what was up. And how often do you see a team send 3  guys to rebound a FT up 30 with little time on the clock?

You want to blame the staff? 🙄 Let me guess, the staff gets no credit for Earlington being alert right? Because we all know that anything good is on the player alone and anything bad is on the staff.

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2018, 02:05:32 AM »
Welcome Greg Williams to the show. You can tell the freshmen are getting more confident and putting in the work. Proud they're starting to become a part of it.

11-0

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2018, 04:09:49 AM »
Blow out the cupcake candle like we're Kentucky or Louisville?: 34 pt. margin - check

Defense?: opponent shoots 27% from the field and not a misprint 16% from 3 - check

Freshmen development?: all play including a Williams breakout solidifies 8th spot - check

Slow starts?: 12 point half time lead - check

Rebounding?: 49 to 35 - check

Turnovers?: single digit (9) - check

Hammer too perimeter?: scored inside, 7 boards, 4 blocks including a monster - check

Ponds dominating too much or too little?: efficient 12 pts + game leading 5 assts - check

Mullin fashion?: No tie yet dapper and professional in dress shirt and sports jacket - check

So we're all as happy as a virgin groom on his wedding night or Tonyd in the midst of a St. John's losing streak? - check 

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 05:33:15 AM by carmineabbatiello »

LoganK

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2018, 06:32:05 AM »
Yes it happens. The ref didn't call out "one shot" and the kids were asleep in a blowout.

I'm very impressed Earlington was so aware. Even I thought it was two shots and thought the whistle after was a Tech on Earlington.
I thought the same thing.  Even after the basket no one moved.

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2018, 08:41:20 AM »
Shout out to the defense!

Greg Williams proved he deserves minutes.

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2018, 08:46:33 AM »
Another astute post from POISON. Are you kidding. Blaming our coaching staff and players for not being aware on the Earlington free throw is about the dumbest thing you have ever posted and believe me that is a high bar. The players were instructed by our astute coaching staff to be off the free throw lane based on score and time left in the game. You and Tony D. must be the best of friends.