Game 12: Sacred Heart

• 39 replies

redslope

Re: Game 12: Sacred Heart
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2018, 11:58:24 PM »
Just back and the team did not go into cruise control but kept up to the end.  Despite the 82, the team was not as bad defensively as the score indicates.  Caused 20 T/O's and there was some good switching; I noted that when Clark and Ponds switched off, someone else would p/u the Big and Ponds would take their man.  Good to see Heron have a big night, This hopefully was what he needed to go into conference play with more confidence.  Ponds still playing point guard with 9 A's and only 1 T/O.  Good play all around and starters really rooting for the back ups from the bench.  When we got near the 100 mark, it reminded me of a season or 2 in the 1980's when there was a promotion for free food if the scored 100 and everyone when start chanting pizza or donuts or whatever.

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2018, 01:39:27 AM »
Maybe down the line but not in January. Trimble doesn't make many mistakes.

The good news is we got two guys competing for a spot that will be earned with defense and hustle.

Bad shots are mistakes.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2018, 02:55:28 AM »
The lack of respect for our former players is puzzling. I can understand that Tomas Jasiloinas isn’t given a standing ovation when he returns to campus for a game.

Shawnelle Scott gets nothing more than a couple of seconds of the screen. University should be ashamed of themselves.

Meanwhile Tim Hardaway and Mario Ellie are acknowledged. Seriously, who gives a shit? No one under 35 knows who the hell they are anyway.

No wonder RJ Barrett and Maverick Rowan didn’t even sniff us. We got what we deserved.

Come on man, I'm 29 and I know Tim Hardaway. He was a legendary Knicks villain.

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2018, 02:56:21 AM »
With that said, what an incredible way to end the non-conference non-Duke portion of the schedule. Merry Christmas to all and to all a let's #$%^ing get it next Saturday.

Poison

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2018, 07:07:47 AM »
Come on man, I'm 29 and I know Tim Hardaway. He was a legendary Knicks villain.

It’s every bit as meaningful as Steve Lavin’s relationship with John Wooden. Or Norm Roberts and Bill Self. In other words, it’s meaningless.

My point is that it’s massively disrespectful, but not surprising with our what can you do for me now bunch of users. This behavior defines everything they’re about. They’ve been treating their own like this for decades.

Shawnelle Scott went to St.John’s. Not Texas A&M.

Foad

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2018, 09:13:46 AM »
Just curious where is Tonyd3 and more importantly where is Foad?

Really, what is there to say. Led by the best player in program history the most talented SJ team in recent memory featuring one of the most prenaturally talented players the program has ever seen is off to its best start in 40 years. Last night they won their 12th straight while scoring 100 points on 29 assists and forcing 20 turnovers, which even considering the opposition, that's a pretty good day. And what are the in the aftermath comments from the worst fan base in the history of sports? One chronic malcontent whining about the pre game festivities and some other mutt with his upteenth hot take on the strength of schedule. Zzzzz. A couple of months ago I deleted my RDC account because reading the same six tedious chowder heads repeat the same five tired talking points over and over and over again without being able to call them coitus heads was really just getting on my last nerve. So is this. Yes I know, don't let the door hit me on the way out. So that's where foad is. As for dopey Tony, he'll be back when they lose to Marquette to say I told you so.

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2018, 09:28:53 AM »
Nice Post.

Marillac

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2018, 10:36:15 AM »
Bad shots are mistakes.

No such thing as a bad shot with Trimble!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 10:36:30 AM by Marillac »

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2018, 11:11:56 AM »
No such thing as a bad shot with Trimble!

Lol is he one of 5 best shooters on team? What’s your thoughts on Williams, you were way down on him before the year for some reason.

Marillac

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2018, 03:44:39 PM »
Lol is he one of 5 best shooters on team? What’s your thoughts on Williams, you were way down on him before the year for some reason.

Trimble is definitely top 5.  He's a little easier to mark and guard due to the fact that he NEVER takes twos.  I've never seen a kid miss so close so often. He rushes a bit on the line, but I love those deep threes.  Natural stroke....great elevation...pure release.  Give me three of those a game. 

As for Williams, I think not having to play freshmen is a luxury.  Trimble just has a crazy experience advantage over him at this point:  32 games last year at 17.3 mpg, 42 minutes v. Villanova, 22 minutes v. Duke, and there was a 13-game stretch in conference play where he averaged 25 mpg. He only averaged 0.2 turnovers a game last year as well. 

Williams has the much higher ceiling, but he will also be more prone to mistakes.  He'll need some time. I like him a lot over four years, but you know that Trimble won't cost you a game and he will rebound the ball in big spots.

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2018, 04:26:07 PM »
It’s every bit as meaningful as Steve Lavin’s relationship with John Wooden. Or Norm Roberts and Bill Self. In other words, it’s meaningless.

My point is that it’s massively disrespectful, but not surprising with our what can you do for me now bunch of users. This behavior defines everything they’re about. They’ve been treating their own like this for decades.

Shawnelle Scott went to St.John’s. Not Texas A&M.

Tim Hardaway is a star, his son stars for the Knicks. If they are at the game you mention it. I don't have a defense for the treatment of alumni. But hey we need something to complain about right?

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2018, 05:01:56 PM »
Trimble is definitely top 5.  He's a little easier to mark and guard due to the fact that he NEVER takes twos.  I've never seen a kid miss so close so often. He rushes a bit on the line, but I love those deep threes.  Natural stroke....great elevation...pure release.  Give me three of those a game. 

As for Williams, I think not having to play freshmen is a luxury.  Trimble just has a crazy experience advantage over him at this point:  32 games last year at 17.3 mpg, 42 minutes v. Villanova, 22 minutes v. Duke, and there was a 13-game stretch in conference play where he averaged 25 mpg. He only averaged 0.2 turnovers a game last year as well. 

Williams has the much higher ceiling, but he will also be more prone to mistakes.  He'll need some time. I like him a lot over four years, but you know that Trimble won't cost you a game and he will rebound the ball in big spots.

Which one of these guys is Trimble a better shooter than.

Ponds
Clark
Heron
LJ
Dixon

Marillac

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2018, 05:11:12 PM »
Which one of these guys is Trimble a better shooter than.

Ponds
Clark
Heron
LJ
Dixon

LJ and Heron but not by a huge margin. If he had their overall games he'd be able to get more space. You can't close out hard on Heron or you're toast. You can close out on Trimble.

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2018, 05:19:44 PM »
LJ and Heron but not by a huge margin. If he had their overall games he'd be able to get more space. You can't close out hard on Heron or you're toast. You can close out on Trimble.

Dude come on. Why trimble? Heron and LJ are absolutletly better shooters than him. He’s fine for 8/9 but absolutely hasn’t distanced himself from Williams. Getting 30 minutes in a game as a freshmen is not how I’m gonna decide who gets to be the 8th man.

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2018, 06:10:10 PM »
Trimble may make deep 3's, but he's a career 30% at this point.

Marillac

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2018, 12:52:47 AM »
Trimble may make deep 3's, but he's a career 30% at this point.

Oh that will go up😎

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2018, 10:27:20 AM »
The lack of respect for our former players is puzzling. I can understand that Tomas Jasiloinas isn’t given a standing ovation when he returns to campus for a game.

Shawnelle Scott gets nothing more than a couple of seconds of the screen. University should be ashamed of themselves.

Meanwhile Tim Hardaway and Mario Ellie are acknowledged. Seriously, who gives a shit? No one under 35 knows who the hell they are anyway.

No wonder RJ Barrett and Maverick Rowan didn’t even sniff us. We got what we deserved.

The Fan culture at SJU is terrible. People barley applaud during starting line ups, and you expect them to care about a player from the early 90s? People barley show any emotion for the players on the court now.

Poison

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2018, 11:15:48 AM »

The Fan culture at SJU is terrible. People barley applaud during starting line ups, and you expect them to care about a player from the early 90s? People barley show any emotion for the players on the court now.

They stand up for a military vet every single game, and in turn get the rest of us to stand up as well.

It shouldn’t be impossible to achieve the same for something relevant.

And for the record, fan culture is the same everywhere. If you lose almost every season for 25 years, fans won’t want to know you.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 11:16:59 AM by Poison »

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2018, 03:30:50 PM »
They stand up for a military vet every single game, and in turn get the rest of us to stand up as well.

It shouldn’t be impossible to achieve the same for something relevant.

And for the record, fan culture is the same everywhere. If you lose almost every season for 25 years, fans won’t want to know you.

Honestly this is a bigger school issue.

Where do you see alumni memorials in general. What about the history of their time in Brooklyn. Where do you see pictures of President Reagan visiting the school, and comparing SJU to Harvard. You can You Tube it.

In 1985, the two largest states l in the Union were run by Johnnie alumni. It needs to start somewhere and hopefully the school will start doing more of it.

It’s not surprising, you can say it’s disappointing, it is with the tradition of what SJU has done overall in the past.
Cougar O' Malley

Poison

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2018, 03:57:07 PM »

Honestly this is a bigger school issue.

Where do you see alumni memorials in general. What about the history of their time in Brooklyn. Where do you see pictures of President Reagan visiting the school, and comparing SJU to Harvard. You can You Tube it.

In 1985, the two largest states l in the Union were run by Johnnie alumni. It needs to start somewhere and hopefully the school will start doing more of it.

It’s not surprising, you can say it’s disappointing, it is with the tradition of what SJU has done overall in the past.

I’m pretty sure Ronald Reagan was kidding when he said that.