Dolan's smart - Jersey? Not so much

• 7 replies
Dolan's smart - Jersey? Not so much
« on: February 22, 2019, 03:11:59 AM »
I almost went to the first Seton Hall game. Then it sold out, lower bowl only, and the cheapest tickets on Stubhub were over $100 so I just stayed home. I don't see why they wouldn't open up the top with such an obvious demand for tickets. How much could it cost to hire a few extra ushers, security and concession staff?

MSG initially only had 100 and 200 level seats available for Saturday's game. When they were gone they quickly started selling the 300's, 400's and the bridges. Now they have a 19,000+ sellout on their hands. That's how it's done ladies and gentlemen.

Johnny23

Re: Dolan's smart - Jersey? Not so much
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 07:37:30 AM »
Have you seen the Knicks for the last 20 years? Nothing smart about Dolan. The building sells itself.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 08:00:33 AM »
Smart and Jim Dolan don’t go together

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 09:10:18 AM »
I meant in handling this situation. Obviously the Knicks are a lost cause and Dolan deserves blame for that.

Nba basketball is unwatchable so I don't much care anymore.

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 11:51:53 AM »
I meant in handling this situation. Obviously the Knicks are a lost cause and Dolan deserves blame for that.

Nba basketball is unwatchable so I don't much care anymore.

You don’t actually think Dolan is involved in these matters do you?

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 02:50:20 PM »
You don’t actually think Dolan is involved in these matters do you?

By "Dolan" I really meant MSG management in general. Like Kane, Hearst and Murdoch before me - I seek to come up with snappy, eye-candy titles to attract attention and readership. Dolan is just a naturally divisive topic that people like.

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 11:20:33 AM »
The fans have shown up to the Garden this season for Big East play, hell even 10k showed up for Princeton.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 02:30:23 PM »
The fans have shown up to the Garden this season for Big East play, hell even 10k showed up for Princeton.

Agree.

New York has shown up at both primary venues. They only place they didn't go to is Brooklyn. The fan support for an unranked .500 team this season has been a revelation.