St. John's fans on Twitter

• 19 replies

pmg911

St. John's fans on Twitter
« on: April 22, 2019, 08:05:35 AM »
I have never been a big user of Twitter until the last year or and I has hooked while the coaching search was going on.

There seems to be a lot of VERY active SJU fans on Twitter during this search but some are much more active than other and some seem to really think they have inside insight to the program (which I don't they do but who knows)

If you are active on Twitter and post on here, lets us know who you are...

Some names, like myself, are clear, some not so much...

Some interesting Twitter reads during the search..

Chubby Fish Inc
Obekpa's Burner
frankingeneral
rollinsworld
Buss Down Theotiana
SJUBB FAMILY
Daly Dose of Hoops
Johnnies Pride

Re: St. John's fans on Twitter
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 09:00:41 AM »
BUCKEYESTORM
@OSUredstorm
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 09:01:44 AM by buckeyestorm »

sju89tr

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 10:59:33 AM »
I am the same on both. Funny some of the people I don't seem to know call me by my first name.

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 11:22:54 AM »
I would highly recommend staying away from Twitter. It is a cesspool and a very negative place. That is not limited to basketball either.

I joined years ago when Charlie Sheen was having his infamous meltdown but deleted it shortly after.

I read tweets from time to time when they are linked here.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 11:26:40 AM »
I would highly recommend staying away from Twitter. It is a cesspool and a very negative place. That is not limited to basketball either.

I joined years ago when Charlie Sheen was having his infamous meltdown but deleted it shortly after.

I read tweets from time to time when they are linked here.

Twitter is good if you follow the right handles. 

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 02:24:34 PM »
1994NChamps , I’m a Hog fan and Mike Anderson enthusiast

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 03:08:19 PM »

Taking a break from Hateville? It's toxic over there. Huge Anderson fan here.

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 04:03:30 PM »

Taking a break from Hateville? It's toxic over there. Huge Anderson fan here.
Got banned for life because I continued to say positive things about Anderson after he was fired.

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 04:17:58 PM »
Got banned for life because I continued to say positive things about Anderson after he was fired.

Holy crap! That's unreal, because you're allowed to be as negative as you want about the man. Oh well save you some time and headaches.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 04:42:17 PM »

I didn’t realize you guys won the national championship that year. I was just old enough to remember basketball that season and was a big fan of Arkansas because of their style of play and I hated Duke. Scotty Thurman was one of my favorite players.

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 05:07:40 PM »
I didn’t realize you guys won the national championship that year. I was just old enough to remember basketball that season and was a big fan of Arkansas because of their style of play and I hated Duke. Scotty Thurman was one of my favorite players.
Mike won a NIT championship as a player and won a national championship as an assistant coach, you know what he’s humgry for bad especially after getting fired from his home job, he’s lit on fire right now.

Johnny23

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 05:19:51 PM »
Big Nasty Corliss Williamson was a man among boys that year. A few years earlier, I remember the heavyweight battle with him going up against big Luther Wright from Elizabeth (NJ) in HS.

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2019, 05:31:10 PM »
Big Nasty Corliss Williamson was a man among boys that year. A few years earlier, I remember the heavyweight battle with him going up against big Luther Wright from Elizabeth (NJ) in HS.

Luther Wright was on my team at Easter Invitational camp one year. Guy was like Godzilla

Johnny23

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2019, 05:35:56 PM »
Luther Wright was on my team at Easter Invitational camp one year. Guy was like Godzilla

No doubt a beast.

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2019, 05:37:58 PM »
what this coaching search did was bring out a lot of fans, good and bad on social media, that in someway or another care about SJU

sju89tr

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2019, 05:42:09 PM »
Mike won a NIT championship as a player and won a national championship as an assistant coach, you know what he’s humgry for bad especially after getting fired from his home job, he’s lit on fire right now.

Nolan Richardson's defense was as strong as JT's at Georgetown in the Ewing days IMHO 

pmg911

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2019, 03:22:44 PM »

Williamson was 3 years behind Luther in high school and Elizabeth certainly didn't play a national schedule back then?

Johnny23

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2019, 03:49:58 PM »
Williamson was 3 years behind Luther in high school and Elizabeth certainly didn't play a national schedule back then?

He was 2 years behind Luther in HS and Elizabeth played a national schedule in 1990 as they were one of the top teams in the country. They beat St. Anthony in the NJ TOC that year.

pmg911

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2019, 03:29:12 PM »
He was 2 years behind Luther in HS and Elizabeth played a national schedule in 1990 as they were one of the top teams in the country. They beat St. Anthony in the NJ TOC that year.

My mistake, I know Luther was a year younger than me but guess he was held back at some point or started late...

Still don't remember Elizabeth HS playing a national schedule though...

Johnny23

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2019, 04:40:32 PM »
My mistake, I know Luther was a year younger than me but guess he was held back at some point or started late...

Still don't remember Elizabeth HS playing a national schedule though...

All good. National schedule being a relative term back then compared to the extreme it is now. They played about 3 or 4 teams from out of state in holiday tourneys and such from what I can remember.