Hey Hog Fans

• 20 replies
Hey Hog Fans
« on: April 24, 2019, 11:23:54 AM »
Just wanted to officially say welcome and really appreciate you guys coming over and adding your insights to the board. I hope you all stick around and become permanent members of the Johnny Jungle Community. Don't hesitate to reach out if you guys have any questions.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Hey Hog Fans
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 01:48:05 PM »
Just wanted to officially say welcome and really appreciate you guys coming over and adding your insights to the board. I hope you all stick around and become permanent members of the Johnny Jungle Community. Don't hesitate to reach out if you guys have any questions.

Can't wait and will be cheering from afar.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 02:54:21 PM »
I think it’s just one guy with a bunch of burner accounts.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 04:09:52 PM »

Thank you! It seems like a very good board. I'm excited to learn more about SJU and follow the program as CMA builds it.

I'm wondering if there are any websites, reporters, or regular posters who cover recruiting? At hogville we have a lot of posters who bring recruiting info to the board. Just wondering who to pay attention to in order to follow CMA's recruiting as I've done for so many years.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 04:11:04 PM »
I think it’s just one guy with a bunch of burner accounts.

I recognize almost all of them from hogville. They are different posters.

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 04:46:29 PM »
Thank you! It seems like a very good board. I'm excited to learn more about SJU and follow the program as CMA builds it.

I'm wondering if there are any websites, reporters, or regular posters who cover recruiting? At hogville we have a lot of posters who bring recruiting info to the board. Just wondering who to pay attention to in order to follow CMA's recruiting as I've done for so many years.

@NYPost_Brazille

@AdamZagoria

Those are the twitters of the main two guys that cover recruiting and such for St John's. This is NY so you'll get some other sports and Seton Hall and stuff mixed in but they do the most comprehensive SJU coverage.

@RogRubin

Roger used to be on the beat but left the Daily News when they downsized but he is back at Newsday and broke the CMA news so he's a decent follow as well.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 04:47:43 PM by HowCouldUBeSoHarkless »

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 05:36:54 PM »
I'm excited to learn more about SJU 
I'll give you the quick skinny. Our last Ncaa tournament win was in 2000. Most years we lose in the first round of our conference tournament and fail to qualify for any post season play.

If Mike Anderson is somehow fortunate enough to qualify for the Ncaa tournament, it is more than likely that he will be fired the following season. You might as well learn the truth now before you get your hopes up.

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 11:06:33 PM »
I'm from Mid Missouri, huge Mike Anderson fan. Recently banned from a board called h*&ville for supporting Mike.

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 12:06:12 AM »
I'm from Mid Missouri, huge Mike Anderson fan. Recently banned from a board called h*&ville for supporting Mike.

Not surprised on that. 

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2019, 01:00:20 AM »

I think a lot of our members are really at the pulse of many things from recruiting to whispers within certain circles of administration and basketball world.

As someone who works in basketball I'm often impressed at the accuracy of information and the rate of speed its posted. I know a lot of journalists read this board. Hi Zach. Hi Zags.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2019, 10:18:48 AM »
Maybe a ooc game vs Ark in future?!?!

pmg911

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2019, 11:29:59 AM »
I'll give you the quick skinny. Our last Ncaa tournament win was in 2000. Most years we lose in the first round of our conference tournament and fail to qualify for any post season play.

If Mike Anderson is somehow fortunate enough to qualify for the Ncaa tournament, it is more than likely that he will be fired the following season. You might as well learn the truth now before you get your hopes up.

isn't it scary that this post is accurate...?  sad too..?

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 10:03:41 PM »
isn't it scary that this post is accurate...?  sad too..?
Accuracy is my middle name. 

I find it ironic that the history ignorant dark side posters view me as some sort of pro Mullin Stepford wife when in fact I am fully ready, willing and capable of seeing the Mullin tenure for exactly what it truly was.

sju89tr

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 12:09:47 PM »
It's really refreshing to see posters who support a fired coach, at SJU they are usually burned at the stake LOL

Marillac

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2019, 02:22:19 PM »
It's really refreshing to see posters who support a fired coach, at SJU they are usually burned at the stake LOL

We can’t even support an employed coach.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 02:22:41 PM by Marillac »

sju89tr

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 02:32:27 PM »

Most fans/posters do. I am very happy that we have Anderson. I think a real basketball man that will work hard and run a real program.

ras

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 02:55:33 PM »
That’s because we have not hired real good coaches. Hopefully MA will take us to the next level, I’m optimistic.  Making the tourney every 4 years and getting bounced in the first round is not what we were expecting. And those have been the good years , relative to the Norm years. When was the last time we won a tourney game? Let’s not make it that we are a bunch of complainers. Hell, if we make it to the sweet 16, which MA did at UAB  early in his head coaching career , we would be ecstatic.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 02:57:23 PM by ras »

sju89tr

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2019, 03:04:50 PM »
That’s because we have not hired real good coaches. Hopefully MA will take us to the next level, I’m optimistic.  Making the tourney every 4 years and getting bounced in the first round is not what we were expecting. And those have been the good years , relative to the Norm years. When was the last time we won a tourney game? Let’s not make it that we are a bunch of complainers. Hell, if we make it to the sweet 16, which MA did at UAB  early in his head coaching career , we would be ecstatic.

Exactly but the thing is that we have the ability to be really good and just F it up each time we start over.   

Marillac

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2019, 07:46:02 PM »

I really like the Anderson hire but I feel like his staff will be his undoing here.

ras

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2019, 10:56:05 PM »
I think the staff is going to be better than Mullins staff. Only 2 assistants on staff and already 1 more than last year recruiting.