Coach Anderson Recruiting

• 64 replies

Marillac

Re: Coach Anderson Recruiting
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2019, 12:42:16 PM »
If he can leave WKU for high level SEC assistant job, as you claim, he would be insane not to.

You know it’s not that simple. The money, title, and situation have to be right. He’ll be a head coach in 5 years if he plays his cards right.

Bigger schools want him to be a second assistant.

SJU85

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2019, 12:46:37 PM »
Mullin did that too in the beginning and we know how that turned out. The pitchforks will come out like they always do.

As did Jarvis and Lavin at the beginning but all stopped.  If they keep doing it and show results (unlike Roberts who kept at it but didn't get the results), maybe the pitchforks will stay in.

goredmen

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2019, 01:21:01 PM »
I wanted him here for the good of the program. He has other things to consider beyond making Marillac happy. I’d want Beilein here too but that would be selfish as well.

It wasn't Hsu that did the considering. Him not being here is not because he thinks he can do better right now. He wanted and wants to be here.

redslope

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2019, 01:58:56 PM »
Sick and tired about the mention of Jarvis--I was at a Red White reception at the Garden when he was hired and he bragged about getting a clothing manufacturer to give him free suits not about team and his philosophy and approach.  He got us to final 8 with Fran's players.  He was a self promoter who left the program at its most disgraced position in its history.  Period.

Marillac

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2019, 02:09:45 PM »
It wasn't Hsu that did the considering. Him not being here is not because he thinks he can do better right now. He wanted and wants to be here.

With all due respect, on this one topic I have actual knowledge so I find it odd that you are telling me what he wants. I’ve already heard from him twice on this and from a mutual friend who worked with us one summer.

goredmen

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2019, 02:21:42 PM »
With all due respect, on this one topic I have actual knowledge so I find it odd that you are telling me what he wants. I’ve already heard from him twice on this and from a mutual friend who worked with us one summer.

So what happened? He didn't want to join the SJU staff? Because if that's what he's gonna claim now then he's a liar, or you are.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 02:22:00 PM by goredmen »

pmg911

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2019, 03:16:04 PM »
He was a self promoter who left the program at its most disgraced position in its history.  Period.

#1. he didn't leave the program, he was fired - BIG difference
#2. if he was NOT fired and they waited until the end of the year, the Pitt incident NEVER happens and the beginning of the death spiral the program has been in since never happens.

He was far from perfect but in 5 full years he made 3 NCAA tournaments and won the NIT once...

derk

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2019, 04:10:38 PM »

And so what's the holdup. Is this similar to a Rice situation where the two clowns are somehow preventing his hire.

goredmen

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2019, 04:57:53 PM »
And so what's the holdup. Is this similar to a Rice situation where the two clowns are somehow preventing his hire.

Anderson doesn't want him apparently. Hsu definitely wants to be here. He didn't start following a bunch of official SJU Basketball accounts as well as SJU fan accounts when all the speculation started for no reason.

Also, Marillac was stumping for him that whole time saying we'd be crazy not to hire him non stop, now that the ship has sailed he's gonna claim it was Hsu who declined and he's waiting for a better opportunity. That doesn't check out.

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2019, 05:18:00 PM »
Slower than I used to be but thankfully not the slow you mean. Had hockey game and nba game on TV with PIP so wasn't concentrating fully but enough to see it was one of your posts so expected the worse. LOL
Don’t feel bad, Celtic. I’m slow too.  I interpreted the post the same way you did.

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2019, 05:51:32 PM »
Hsu's latest follow is Nebraska basketball...and that WKU player transferred to Nebraska today

Johnny23

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2019, 05:58:30 PM »
Could it possibly be that Hsu's market demand is being artificially overhyped? Hmmm I wonder.

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2019, 09:31:24 PM »
A coach who actually recruits, what a concept. Mike is acting professional. Showing up at all the events. Also reaching out and going to local schools and checking out the players a train ride away. His energy makes the impression that the apathy is over.

Johnny23

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2019, 11:04:16 PM »
Maidoh looks better than a 2 star from the video I watched. 6'9, 6'10 good shot blocker, athletic finisher, decent shot, can pass, nice all around game. He's visiting tomorrow and hopefully McGriff signs here too. See if we can't land both. Anderson doing work. Good to see.

Dan

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2019, 11:46:07 PM »
I mean Marillac doesn't have any kind of bias at all, with knowing Hsu and all.

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2019, 12:29:08 AM »
Maidoh looks better than a 2 star from the video I watched. 6'9, 6'10 good shot blocker, athletic finisher, decent shot, can pass, nice all around game. He's visiting tomorrow and hopefully McGriff signs here too. See if we can't land both. Anderson doing work. Good to see.

He visited Tuesday.

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2019, 12:34:45 AM »
Adam Zagoria
‏@AdamZagoria
@StJohnsBBall coach Mike Anderson Will be at CTK Thursday for Moussa Cisse, Ryan Myers and Quaran McPherson

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2019, 12:43:23 AM »
DeAnte' Mitchell
‏@MitchellDeAnte
St. John’s assistant coach TJ Cleveland reached out to 2020 CG Kadary Richmond of @RivalsNation, per source. #sjubb

JPM had this to say:
John P. Miciotta
‏@jpm114
Replying to @MitchellDeAnte @RivalsNation
Glad to see this as well.. @KadaryRichmond3 fits a pressure defense with his length and quick hands and he can make good decisions passing in the transition opportunities they are trying to create. Staff should know that he's a 2019 senior who could be sign this year if he wants.

I'm not sure of the validity re: Richmond can sign up as a '19 recruit, but JPM is typically on top of his stuff. 

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2019, 12:53:24 AM »
Word out on the trail last weekend was Hsu was really bidding his services (mostly LJ's) around hard. Not many had positive things to say about him. Slime and sleaze were words repeatedly used amongst his peers to describe him.

Nor did anyone think Anderson and him would ever work well together.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Johnny23

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2019, 06:16:50 AM »
He visited Tuesday.

Would be a nice add.