Summer Exhibition Tours and Midnight Madness

• 9 replies
Summer Exhibition Tours and Midnight Madness
« on: May 25, 2019, 05:38:26 PM »
Request to the new posters that have joined us that followed Arkansas basketball-can you answer as to whether CMA holds midnight madness and whether he takes the 1 every 4 years allowable exhibition trip as St. John's hasn't taken one for awhile and would be eligible. Thank-you.

TONYD3

Re: Summer Exhibition Tours and Midnight Madness
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 08:48:26 PM »
They went to Spain in 2016.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 09:55:41 PM »
Held a Red vs White game each season, not Midnight Madness though.

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 10:05:50 PM »
They went to Spain in 2016.
Didn't mean this year as it would be to late to arrange but would be eligible next season.

wpc77

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 10:16:16 PM »
Held a Red vs White game each season, not Midnight Madness though.

Don't think that is accurate.  See this from last October: https://www.hotsr.com/news/2018/oct/11/jonesboro-freshman-fits-fastest-40-2018/.  Specifically:

Midnight Madness, the team's first official practice, will be held Friday in Bud Walton Arena in Fayetteville. Gates will open at 9 p.m. and the first 15,000 fans will receive a free poster featuring Chris Walker.

Pre-practice events and games are scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. The Razorbacks will take the court at midnight.

Team members will be introduced before a scrimmage of approximately 20 minutes. The women's team will take the court after the men's practice.

Admission is a non-perishable food item for the Salvation Army of Northwest Arkansas food pantry and Cooperative Emergency Outreach. Allen Canning, of Siloam Springs, has pledged to match all canned good donated at the event.

TONYD3

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 10:36:05 PM »
Didn't mean this year as it would be to late to arrange but would be eligible next season.
I meant Arkansas went to Spain in 2016. They went to Italy in 2012.

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 11:37:36 PM »
Don't think that is accurate.  See this from last October: https://www.hotsr.com/news/2018/oct/11/jonesboro-freshman-fits-fastest-40-2018/.  Specifically:

Midnight Madness, the team's first official practice, will be held Friday in Bud Walton Arena in Fayetteville. Gates will open at 9 p.m. and the first 15,000 fans will receive a free poster featuring Chris Walker.

Pre-practice events and games are scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. The Razorbacks will take the court at midnight.

Team members will be introduced before a scrimmage of approximately 20 minutes. The women's team will take the court after the men's practice.

Admission is a non-perishable food item for the Salvation Army of Northwest Arkansas food pantry and Cooperative Emergency Outreach. Allen Canning, of Siloam Springs, has pledged to match all canned good donated at the event.

I stand corrected, and I sleep before midnight.

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 12:32:18 AM »
I meant Arkansas went to Spain in 2016. They went to Italy in 2012.
Oh ok gotcha. So CMA does trips and we are eligible. Good to do it in a year you bring in a lot of newcomers especially freshmen. Maybe next year.

TONYD3

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 09:28:50 AM »
Oh ok gotcha. So CMA does trips and we are eligible. Good to do it in a year you bring in a lot of newcomers especially freshmen. Maybe next year.
I would expect them to go in the next few years.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2019, 02:48:05 PM »

It’s not too late to arrange an international trip unless there is some NCAA rule I’m unaware of. From a logistical standpoint it can be done with relative ease. We could even go to Canada to play the top universitie there who are always looking to play American colleges.

90% of the value of the international trip is in the extra practice time and what better year to do it then with a completely new staff and system?