Moe To Miami

• 12 replies

QuanMan

Moe To Miami
« on: July 01, 2019, 12:49:33 PM »
Nice fit in hard working culture down in Miami. Team has a few good young prospects. The was writing on the wall when Portland drafted Nas Little.

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
Following
Following @wojespn

More
Miami is finalizing a trade to send center Hassan Whiteside to Portland for Mo Harkless and Meyers Leonard, league sources tell ESPN.
Section 3
Section 116

Re: Moe To Miami
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 06:04:11 PM »
On way to Clippers now

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 09:09:14 AM »
Wish him the best- nice he gets to play under bright LA lights. Hope its good fit for him.

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 03:27:00 PM »
He lives in Florida.

- Poison

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 10:32:03 PM »
The Knicks should have got involved in this trade. They could have taken on his contract, which is very reasonable for a player of his caliber, and gotten an asset back with it, maybe even a 1st round pick. Plus it would be really nice to bring him back home.

SJUFAN

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 05:10:27 PM »
The Knicks should have got involved in this trade. They could have taken on his contract, which is very reasonable for a player of his caliber, and gotten an asset back with it, maybe even a 1st round pick. Plus it would be really nice to bring him back home.

Knicks want to maintain cap flexibility

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 02:04:09 PM »

Knicks seem pretty set at the position with Knox and Barrett. I would think they’d be willing to get another lottery pick next year while getting the young guys experience this season.

Johnny23

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 04:01:58 PM »
Knicks have about 6 pieces to build around. Barrett, Knox, Robinson, Randle, Brazdeikis, and Smith. Some good young talent in this core. I think Brazdeikis is going to be a mild steal. Has some Ginobili to his game on O. The kid is put together and can really score. He did it at Michigan in one year. They really need to add a superstar to this young nucleus. Maybe next FA season if they can get past the Dolan factor.

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2019, 11:13:25 PM »
Knicks seem pretty set at the position with Knox and Barrett. I would think they’d be willing to get another lottery pick next year while getting the young guys experience this season.

I agree they are set on the position now, but if they had taken him in a trade instead of signing Bobby Portis or Taj Gibson they could have taken on his salary and gotten an asset with it. He has one year left at 11m. They remain flexible, get an experienced hometown player for a year, and gain an asset. Doesn't that sound like a good idea?

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2019, 11:19:34 PM »
I agree they are set on the position now, but if they had taken him in a trade instead of signing Bobby Portis or Taj Gibson they could have taken on his salary and gotten an asset with it. He has one year left at 11m. They remain flexible, get an experienced hometown player for a year, and gain an asset. Doesn't that sound like a good idea?

I don’t think the Knicks had any good ideas after deciding to not offer KD the max and not waiting on Kawi even if it was a long shot. I don’t understand their mixed moves.

It’s like a baseball team that sells as the deadline and then acquired some marginal veterans.

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 12:01:38 AM »
I don’t think the Knicks had any good ideas after deciding to not offer KD the max and not waiting on Kawi even if it was a long shot. I don’t understand their mixed moves.

It’s like a baseball team that sells as the deadline and then acquired some marginal veterans.
KL not coming to Knicks by himself, it was his timeline to visit Knicks last after 3 other much more likely destinations and if they wait are basically shut out completely. Why the fasination with Harkless he is a journeyman and Knicks sell out anyway and don't need the local angle for a player most fans couldn't care less about except for a few of us die hard Johnnie fans. This ain't the 1960's.

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 12:22:11 PM »
Well that just got really interesting for Moe. Paul George is the perfect guy to learn from. Will definitely be a different role but hopefully he flourishes on their bench.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2019, 06:04:36 PM »
I think one day in his career Moe will find his way back here. It would be a nice story. He has proven to be a decent NBA player.

As for the Dolan etc, I think the hate on him is way overrated. He tries to throw his money out there to win. Its not his fault LeBron did not take it. Its a shame about the KD stuff and injury but he clearly wanted to be with a proven star. Kyrie would always have the Nets higher- he grew up a Nets fan and will get access to the same market. He tried for the best he could get with Melo and Mare back in the day.

I cannot blame Dolan for going for Phil to run things before the current regime- established coach and was  a winner everywhere he went. If you want to blame him for anything its keeping Isaiah too long. Would you rather have an owner be like the Mets (my other team) and refuse to spend money?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 06:05:30 PM by friendofjohnnie »