Nike

• 49 replies
Nike
« on: July 01, 2019, 04:58:37 PM »
Noticed on Mike and TJ's twitter that St. John's switching to Nike

Re: Nike
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 09:07:04 AM »
Maybe now we won't have trash jerseys, but who knows. Doubtful school ponies up for a nicer package with a more creative design. We will see.

pmg911

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 09:42:40 AM »
News out this morning that Nike abandoned an idea to use the design of the original American flag on sneakers at the urging of Colin Kaepernick..

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27102136/kaepernick-moves-nike-pull-flag-shoe

So now protesting the flag ISN'T about police brutality and injustice but now the original American flag might be offensive because slavery was was legal back then.

Foad

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 09:58:45 AM »
News out this morning that Nike abandoned an idea to use the design of the original American flag on sneakers at the urging of Colin Kaepernick..

Nice to see CK working hard to improve the lives of African Americans. Onward now to racist support hose.

Poison

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 08:45:30 PM »

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27102136/kaepernick-moves-nike-pull-flag-shoe

So now protesting the flag ISN'T about police brutality and injustice but now the original American flag might be offensive because slavery was was legal back then.

Isn’t it time the flag (any version) was told to go F itself?

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 09:41:48 PM »
Nike should stay out of politics otherwise they will lose customers from both sides of the political spectrum.

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 09:47:57 PM »
If you want to have a flag of choice on your sneakers that should be your right to do so.What happen to our rights to express our love and respect to our flag?

Poison

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 10:31:35 PM »
Nike should stay out of politics otherwise they will lose customers from both sides of the political spectrum.

Yeah, I’m sure Nike is scared shitless.

jsk

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 10:51:24 PM »
I assume the posters making the negative comments regarding our flag never served in the military! Sad!

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 11:26:08 PM »
Poison is just a sad miserable person. He gets away with making his unpatriotic comments hiding on an internet site. He hasn't got the balls to say that crap to someone's face. As someone who served in the Air Force, Poison can go #$%^ himself.

Poison

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2019, 11:50:57 PM »
I assume the posters making the negative comments regarding our flag never served in the military! Sad!

Sorry, but the military doesn’t own the flag.

Poison

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2019, 11:52:08 PM »
Poison is just a sad miserable person. He gets away with making his unpatriotic comments hiding on an internet site. He hasn't got the balls to say that crap to someone's face. As someone who served in the Air Force, Poison can go #$%^ himself.

I am unpatriotic, but you are unAmerican.

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 11:58:40 PM »
Guess he’s just upset that the highlight  of his existence comes from posting on a fan forum.

Marillac

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2019, 12:13:39 AM »
Sorry, but the military doesn’t own the flag.

And neither do virtue signaling sissies like you.

The American flag is a symbol of the best country that has ever existed. No country is perfect. If you have a problem with this country then leave. Haiti has some good people according to you. Go there and report back.

Marillac

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2019, 12:15:11 AM »
I am unpatriotic, but you are unAmerican.

You are more unintelligent than unpatriotic.

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2019, 12:47:37 AM »
Such a terrible country, imagine the strife when you can spend endless time posting online about a college basketball team.....must be hell on earth

Poison

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2019, 12:53:31 AM »
Such a terrible country, imagine the strife when you can spend endless time posting online about a college basketball team.....must be hell on earth

This is still a good country. We just need to do something about our useless white people.

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2019, 07:58:54 AM »
So Poison besides being an unpatriotic jackass, you are also a racist. Every race has a percentage of its population that are useless. You are an example, of whatever race you belong to, who is not only useless, but also ignorant and pathetically stupid. No one said that the military OWNS the flag, but they protect it and the freedoms of all citizens of this country, including ungrateful boors like you.

jsk

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2019, 11:07:54 AM »
Longtime fan  :up:
Our military has not only paid the price for defending our country, but also for those around the world who needed our help. Receipts are visible at the many cemeteries around the world! We are not perfect, but we continue to correct our errors. God Bless America and the Flag for which it stands!
Happy 4th of July to all!

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2019, 12:01:57 PM »
I think this is somewhat of a lateral move. I don’t think UA was a great service provider in terms of volume or variety of product. I think speed of delivery was probably an issue too.

However I do think design attention was pretty solid and our guys got a lot of special attention with footwear.

I think Nike will be able to deliver more product and quicker but it will be bottom end basic stuff.

Some might say this will help with recruiting but I think that’s widely a misconception as you see guys who play for travel/hs teams of one brand go to college at another.

I would have been much more excited about a move back to Jordan. Even the worst product package there would get dudes hyped.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle