Game 4: Vermont- Saturday 11/16 4P (Queens)

• 365 replies

QuanMan

Game 4: Vermont- Saturday 11/16 4P (Queens)
« on: October 25, 2019, 11:40:31 AM »
Preview of the Catamounts linked below, Anthony Lamb is a legitimate NBA prospect who tested the waters this past Spring, him against LJF will be worth the price of admission. This senior laden team won 27 games last season and took Florida St. to the brink in the NCAAT.
Key transfer Daniel Giddens (Alabama) will test our shallow front line.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2019/10/25/20932063/the-other-top-25-preseason-rankings-vermont-catamounts-anthony-lamb-john-becker-america-east
Section 3
Section 116

Re: Game 4: Vermont- Saturday 11/16 4P (Queens)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 11:50:09 AM »
Preview of the Catamounts linked below, Anthony Lamb is a legitimate NBA prospect who tested the waters this past Spring, him against LJF will be worth the price of admission. This senior laden team won 27 games last season and took Florida St. to the brink in the NCAAT.
Key transfer Daniel Giddens (Alabama) will test our shallow front line.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2019/10/25/20932063/the-other-top-25-preseason-rankings-vermont-catamounts-anthony-lamb-john-becker-america-east

Looking forward to see how their sophomore Isaiah Mole does this year. Really physical kid who if was a few inches taller would be a major conference player.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 12:07:50 PM »
I’m not expecting to win this game, but who knows, if we try on d, maybe we’ll turn them over.

Johnny23

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 05:30:15 PM »
Vermont has been a very solid, well run mid major for a long time going back to the Tom Brennan days.  Definitely a candidate to win a game in the tourney this year.

A very good early test for the Johnnies. Nice to have challenging early season OOC games for a change.

QuanMan

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 11:13:35 PM »
Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
6h
Vermont has now won at both St. Bonaventure and Bucknell to start the 2019-20 season. John Becker's team is no joke. Will travel to St. John's next Saturday. #SJUBB
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 07:28:09 PM »
This is our first real test.  Now you cant look past NH, but vermont can play.  They always put a solid team together.

Im glad we have scheduled some real teams early.  Last year was silly.

TONYD3

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 07:53:52 PM »
This is our first real test.  Now you cant look past NH, but vermont can play.  They always put a solid team together.

Im glad we have scheduled some real teams early.  Last year was silly.
Vermont a 12 seed in lunardi’s mock.

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 11:10:16 PM »
They are good. Wouldn't be mad at taking an L to them but it's one of those games you need to win at home.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

derk

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 11:52:49 AM »
Another 6"11' 247 lb grad transfer that passed us by.

goredmen

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 12:11:39 PM »
We're likely to be favored by around a FG in this one

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2019, 12:14:35 PM »
Are we really afraid of Vermont at home? C’mon fellas.

TONYD3

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2019, 12:22:31 PM »
Last year we played and beat the 5th best team in the Mac. You talked about it all season like it was going to save the season.
We are a big east team. We should certainly beat Vermont. This years Vermont>>> Miami of Ohio, Akron, or whatever Mac team we played last year.

goredmen

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2019, 12:31:41 PM »

Vermont would be a Vegas favorite against us in a game played on a neutral court.

Marillac

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2019, 01:33:40 PM »
Last year we played and beat the 5th best team in the Mac. You talked about it all season like it was going to save the season.
We are a big east team. We should certainly beat Vermont. This years Vermont>>> Miami of Ohio, Akron, or whatever Mac team we played last year.

Bowling Green won 22 games last year and lost in the conference championship game to the #12 ranked team in the RPI — who they beat earlier in the year. They weren’t the 5th best team in that conference.

The MAC is considerably better than the America East. No reasonable person would argue to the contrary.

More to the point, I only acknowledged Bowling Green was a good team during our game (which they almost won) and afterwards. I never went in thinking anything other than it should definitely be a win.  If posters would have acted this way about them I would have responded the same way I am now.

Vermont kills the shitballs in its conference and struggles out of conference. E.g., they were 14-2 in conference last year and just 9-5 against D-1 teams out of conference. The year before they were 15-1 in conference and 10-7 against D-1 outside.

This should be a contested win and never a game we walk into thinking a loss is possible.

What do you think Nova or Seton would do to them?

A loss here would be extremely disappointing.

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2019, 02:00:58 PM »
Bowling Green won 22 games last year and lost in the conference championship game to the #12 ranked team in the RPI — who they beat earlier in the year. They weren’t the 5th best team in that conference.

The MAC is considerably better than the America East. No reasonable person would argue to the contrary.

More to the point, I only acknowledged Bowling Green was a good team during our game (which they almost won) and afterwards. I never went in thinking anything other than it should definitely be a win.  If posters would have acted this way about them I would have responded the same way I am now.

Vermont kills the shitballs in its conference and struggles out of conference. E.g., they were 14-2 in conference last year and just 9-5 against D-1 teams out of conference. The year before they were 15-1 in conference and 10-7 against D-1 outside.

This should be a contested win and never a game we walk into thinking a loss is possible.

Note to Marillac-this year's team ain't Nova or the Hall.

Johnny23

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2019, 02:05:24 PM »

Be afraid, very afraid. This ain't no Canuck mounties. This is the Cata-Mounts.

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2019, 02:36:55 PM »
I watch this team two or three times a year.  I'm glad it's our home game.  There house is a sold out snake pit.

TONYD3

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2019, 04:40:12 PM »

Sometimes you seem biased. Mac is certainly better. Bowling green was better then the rest of the cupcakes we played last year.(Finished 3rd in conference)  America East is pretty terrible. For the most part I agree with you.
But you did talk that win up quite a bit last year. Our highly rated team with ponds and Simon should have had little trouble with bowling green. Just like seton hall an nova should kill Vermont.
Vermont last year played Kansas and Louisville close. They beat Yale who went to tournament.
The only thing I know about Vermont is they are projected as a 12 seed. Also got 1 vote in top 25.
 I agree we should win. Extremely disappointed may be to much. Anderson isn’t getting a pass from me. Our team needs to show up and play well.

Marillac

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2019, 05:57:03 PM »
Sometimes you seem biased. Mac is certainly better. Bowling green was better then the rest of the cupcakes we played last year.(Finished 3rd in conference)  America East is pretty terrible. For the most part I agree with you.
But you did talk that win up quite a bit last year. Our highly rated team with ponds and Simon should have had little trouble with bowling green. Just like seton hall an nova should kill Vermont.
Vermont last year played Kansas and Louisville close. They beat Yale who went to tournament.
The only thing I know about Vermont is they are projected as a 12 seed. Also got 1 vote in top 25.
 I agree we should win. Extremely disappointed may be to much. Anderson isn’t getting a pass from me. Our team needs to show up and play well.

I may seem biased to you because you are not good at comparisons.

We should never go into games against Bowling Green or Vermont at home worrying about losses. Losing to teams like that is disappointing regardless of how good they are. We should never sink to that level as a program.

goredmen

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2019, 06:07:08 PM »
I may seem biased to you because you are not good at comparisons.

We should never go into games against Bowling Green or Vermont at home worrying about losses. Losing to teams like that is disappointing regardless of how good they are. We should never sink to that level as a program.

Just wondering, do you think losing to Cal or Washington State at home in the 2019-20 season would be more or less disappointing than losing to Vermont at home?