St Johns vs St Peters - 12/3

• 57 replies
St Johns vs St Peters - 12/3
« on: December 02, 2019, 08:04:15 PM »
This is basically a warmup for the big showdown w/ WVU at the garden on Saturday.

St Peters has lost to bryant and wagner this year.  They are terrible.

I would like to see 2 things in this game:

1- Dunn getting the starting nod.  Its time.  Rutherford is not a starting pg in the big east.  You need to score in this league and he just doesnt.  Mike needs to do the right thing and play your best players. 

2- Find more minutes for the duke.  Earlington is the heart and soul of this team and brings the toughness and hustle we really need.  I think he only got 12 minutes last game.  He needs 20 plus minutes a night.

Go Johnnies!!!

Re: St Johns vs St Peters - 12/3
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 02:42:12 PM »
Kick off is in 4 hours.  Where the heck is everyone?

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 03:21:14 PM »
Pretty funny! As a friend of mine used to say when he had no intention of going somewhere, "I'll meet you there.". Actually would have gone tonight but had to give up tickets to attend a holiday concert with my wife.

TONYD3

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 06:02:43 PM »
Tired of these cupcakes

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 06:31:58 PM »
This is basically a warmup for the big showdown w/ WVU at the garden on Saturday.

1- Dunn getting the starting nod.  Its time.  Rutherford is not a starting pg in the big east.  You need to score in this league and he just doesnt.  Mike needs to do the right thing and play your best players. 

2- Find more minutes for the duke.  Earlington is the heart and soul of this team and brings the toughness and hustle we really need.  I think he only got 12 minutes last game.  He needs 20 plus minutes a night.

Go Johnnies!!!

I don't think 5 best players = best starting lineup.

I prefer Dunn off the bench. Adds scoring punch and spark to 2nd unit and ball doesn't have enough air for Dunn/Heron/LJ.

It's almost like when we brought Burrell off the bench so he wouldn't pick up a dumb foul in first 4 min and see how refs are calling things. Game slowed down and he could settle in.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 06:44:30 PM »
I'm convinced Justin Champagnie is in Queens and Julian Champagnie is in Pitt. They did a freaky Friday. Great start

Poison

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 06:47:29 PM »

Go Johnnies!!!

LJ should be the backup point guard. Dunn is a mess. We are destroying them. He comes in and turns it over, gives them free baskets and runs nothing at all.

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 06:51:40 PM »
Tired of these cupcakes

Agreed.  Saturday will be a great test.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 06:52:06 PM »
This is gonna be a lopsided slop fest

cjfish

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 07:00:58 PM »
St Peters=Little Sisters of the Poor

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 07:07:01 PM »
Dunn is just such a ball hog, mainly the reason he is not starting.

TONYD3

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 07:07:49 PM »
St Peters=Little Sisters of the Poor
Has to be the worst team we have played so far

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 07:08:58 PM »

He's a low percentage volume scorer. He is what he is.

He's a capable scorer and we will need that especially when he gets streaky hot.

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 07:11:07 PM »

I love dunn.  You guys are crazy.

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 07:12:46 PM »
What I don't like so far is it doesn't seem that we get easy purposeful baskets. We're making some tough shots simply because we are bigger faster stronger.

Also defensively there are so many lapses. It's masked because St. Peters is slow and not good but if we play a capable team those are wide open shots.

cjfish

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2019, 07:15:37 PM »
He's a low percentage volume scorer. He is what he is.

He's a capable scorer and we will need that especially when he gets streaky hot.

Heaver.  Until he starts to give it up I think his time should be limited.  Poor shot selection.  But he can score and is best off the bench when he can be a prime option.

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2019, 07:20:54 PM »
Everytime i think u guys may be right about dunn, i watch rutherford and yearn for dunn to come back in.

Poison

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2019, 07:21:55 PM »
What I don't like so far is it doesn't seem that we get easy purposeful baskets. We're making some tough shots simply because we are bigger faster stronger.

Also defensively there are so many lapses. It's masked because St. Peters is slow and not good but if we play a capable team those are wide open shots.

This is not the way we want to score. Champagnie isn’t going to be left wide open for three on Saturday. They need to set more screens and get guys open. This one on one crap will be the death of them.

Poison

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2019, 07:22:51 PM »
Everytime i think u guys may be right about dunn, i watch rutherford and yearn for dunn to come back in.

Neither are the guy we want out there, but Dunn isn’t running anything at all.

TONYD3

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2019, 07:29:59 PM »
That last possession was terrible. Lost 1st have over by 1 point