Busting Brackets: Big East Power Rankings

• 178 replies

QuanMan

Busting Brackets: Big East Power Rankings
« on: December 12, 2019, 11:43:09 AM »
Really informative read. Didn't know our SOS (343/351) was this bad to date. Obviously Arizona and the BE schedule will level it out. We are currently #97 KenPom. Providence's early struggles are baffling given their upperclassmen:

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/12/12/big-east-basketball-power-rankings-butler-top-providence-hits-bottom/
Section 3
Section 116

Re: Busting Brackets: Big East Power Rankings
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 12:14:51 PM »
Didn't know our SOS (343/351) was this bad to date. 
The anti-Mullin traitors would have had a field day with this stat last year.  This season...not so much as bias and agenda rule the day.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 12:17:28 PM by carmineabbatiello »

SJUFAN

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 12:19:28 PM »
The anti-Mullin traitors would have had a field day with this stat last year.  This season...not so much.

There’s a difference between a veteran team with NBA talent looking to make a deep run in the NCAA tournament and a team in a rebuilding year picked to finish last. You understand the difference and how that should play a role in scheduling?

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 01:44:35 PM »
There’s a difference between a veteran team with NBA talent looking to make a deep run in the NCAA tournament and a team in a rebuilding year picked to finish last. You understand the difference and how that should play a role in scheduling?

DePaul was picked last, idiot, and they could win the league. What is the f*cking difference in teams in the Big East these days? Next to nothing after Nova.

Rebuilding year with two preseason second team all conference players who are both in their fourth year of college is ridiculous.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 01:55:01 PM »
The anti-Mullin traitors would have had a field day with this stat last year.  This season...not so much as bias and agenda rule the day.

You think this schedule was put together by CMA?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 01:55:15 PM »
DePaul was picked last, idiot, and they could win the league. What is the f*cking difference in teams in the Big East these days? Next to nothing after Nova.

Rebuilding year with two preseason second team all conference players who are both in their fourth year of college is ridiculous.
Pre season all conference teams, before a game is played. Has either on of them especially Heron looked like all conference players? Of course you will probably blame Anderson for this and maybe he does have SOME culpability.

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2019, 02:00:31 PM »
Pre season all conference teams, before a game is played. Has either on of them especially Heron looked like all conference players? Of course you will probably blame Anderson for this and maybe he does have SOME culpability.

Heron made two SEC postseason teams and LJ was our second best player last year and narrowly missed postseason honors. To call this a rebuilding team is just absurd.

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2019, 02:06:30 PM »

I’m confused, earlier you called someone insane for suggesting we could make the tournament if we jumped a few BE teams.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2019, 03:10:27 PM »
You think this schedule was put together by CMA?
Fair point. Some or most of the OoC schedule was probably in place.

I'll rephrase:
The anti-Mullin traitors would have had a field day with this stat last year.  NEXT season...not so much as bias and agenda rule the day.

SJUFAN

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2019, 03:29:25 PM »

Have a gander douche
https://247sports.com/college/georgetown/Article/2019-2020-Big-East-Preseason-Rankings-137132736/

Foad

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2019, 04:17:56 PM »
Have a gander douche
https://247sports.com/college/georgetown/Article/2019-2020-Big-East-Preseason-Rankings-137132736/

Are you citing Hoya 24/7 - which examines "how the Georgetown Hoyas stack up against their conference opponents" as a creditable source - they pick "the mighty Hoyas" fourth - to determine BE expectations? That seems a tad askew. Should we consult SJU 24-7 about the prospects of the mighty red storm?

TONYD3

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2019, 04:42:05 PM »
Heron made two SEC postseason teams and LJ was our second best player last year and narrowly missed postseason honors. To call this a rebuilding team is just absurd.
Last year no depth. With same secondary players. This year,  plenty of depth with same secondary players.

TONYD3

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2019, 05:01:10 PM »
Fair point. Some or most of the OoC schedule was probably in place.

I'll rephrase:
The anti-Mullin traitors would have had a field day with this stat last year.  NEXT season...not so much as bias and agenda rule the day.
What bias could someone have against Chris mullin? I hate him because I think he is a lazy bum who didn’t do his job. After 4 years I do not feel vindicated by him losing. I told you guys he would lose. And lose he did. Their was no doubt. All the excuses made for him were non sense. Anyone who watched him for 10 minutes would know he was an empty suit. But their was no bias. I wanted him to succeed. Under different circumstances he could have.
 A real figurehead who wasn’t allowed to make any decisions may have worked. It could have kept everyone happy. But I wouldn’t  let him do anything. Not even curse a the referees or other coaches. Only way it could work in my opinion.
As for the schedule. It’s better then it was last year. Can’t play so many cupcakes.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 05:02:29 PM by TONYD3 »

QuanMan

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2019, 05:19:19 PM »
A good comparison for Steere can be Jaylen Butz. Both brute 6'9 bigs. If Steere gives this roster what Butz provides DePaul, (11p6r) and toughness down low, we'd all sign up for it.

I pegged Hall as the most overrated team in the country in the preseason. They don't have a second option, can't wait to play them.

After Arizona out in San Fran the Butler New Year's Eve 730 tip is brutal. The general admission crowd is going to be sparse, student turnout even worse, that night doesn't play in our favor to start out conference play. @X and @GTown the week following, let's hope we have a surprise or two in store during this 4 game stretch.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 05:24:38 PM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

Foad

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2019, 07:14:18 PM »
What bias could someone have against Chris mullin? I hate him

Written without an iota of intellect or self awareness.

Bias means "an inclination [...] that inhibits impartial judgment." Hate is an extreme hostility or enmity. And therefore hatred comprises an extreme hostility that inhibits impartial judgment against the thing that is hated.

So Slingblade asks in effect: how can my extreme hostility that I hold against this thing that I hate inhibit my impartial judgment of this thing that I hate. Hmm mmm.

It's as if an ocean of stupidity has cascaded waves of stupid against a beach of imbecility. Or as I've come to think of it, 40 minutes of stupid.

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2019, 09:45:05 PM »
After 4 years I do not feel vindicated by him losing. I told you guys he would lose. And lose he did. Their was no doubt.
21-12 and an Ncaa bid is not losing.  Just so you know in the future, the number to the left of the "-"represents wins and the number to the right of the "-" represents losses.
As for the schedule. It’s better then it was last year. 
Are you calling Quan who wrote " Didn't know our SOS (343/351) was this bad to date." a liar?

Poison

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2019, 10:31:11 PM »
A good comparison for Steere can be Jaylen Butz. Both brute 6'9 bigs. If Steere gives this roster what Butz provides DePaul, (11p6r) and toughness down low, we'd all sign up for it.

I pegged Hall as the most overrated team in the country in the preseason. They don't have a second option, can't wait to play them.

After Arizona out in San Fran the Butler New Year's Eve 730 tip is brutal. The general admission crowd is going to be sparse, student turnout even worse, that night doesn't play in our favor to start out conference play. @X and @GTown the week following, let's hope we have a surprise or two in store during this 4 game stretch.

It would be disappointing if the students can't even come out for the season opener. I remember being at the Butler game Shamorie's freshman year, and the kid was terrific that night. Place felt packed. That was the best game they played all season.

SJUFAN

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2019, 12:38:46 AM »
Are you citing Hoya 24/7 - which examines "how the Georgetown Hoyas stack up against their conference opponents" as a creditable source - they pick "the mighty Hoyas" fourth - to determine BE expectations? That seems a tad askew. Should we consult SJU 24-7 about the prospects of the mighty red storm?

Who said anything about credible sources? Does it really matter if more “credible” sources picked us to finish 2nd to last? Either way you slice it means we have a roster that isn’t commanding glowing reviews.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 01:54:45 AM by SJUFAN »

Foad

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2019, 08:08:38 AM »
Who said anything about credible sources? Does it really matter if more “credible” sources picked us to finish 2nd to last? Either way you slice it means we have a roster that isn’t commanding glowing reviews.

If the source you cited was not credible and credibility doesn't matter anyway why'd you bother citing it or anything else for that matter.

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2019, 08:18:01 AM »
DePaul was picked last, idiot

And it's shit like this that makes you one of the biggest ***holes I've never met. It's ALWAYS a rebuilding year with a new coach, nice person, especially when the previous coach did nothing to prepare them for anyone who would follow him. Some rebuilds take less time depending on who is left and who the coach coming in is, but it's always a rebuild, douche.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 08:18:58 AM by ihateuconn »