Busting Brackets: Big East Power Rankings

• 178 replies

HKD

Re: Busting Brackets: Big East Power Rankings
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2019, 08:56:11 PM »
Phish is still doing that?  They were doing that in the mid 90s when i was in high school.

Hysterical.

Think the same people are still going.........

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2019, 09:17:31 PM »

You are probably right.  Who at our age can still get drunk and high and jam out to phish all night?  Those days are long gone for me. 

TONYD3

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2019, 09:23:06 PM »
Ex girlfriend was into it. I went 5/6 times. Twice New Year’s Eve. Not my thing but always had a great time. Hysterical watching the MSG uschers deal with phish fans.

TONYD3

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2019, 09:26:59 PM »
New bracket out from ESPN. WV a 6 seed.  Arizona a 5. Vermont a 12. 7 big east teams.

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2019, 09:47:37 PM »
New bracket out from ESPN. WV a 6 seed.  Arizona a 5. Vermont a 12. 7 big east teams.

Sat night at 10pm is a huge game.  If by a stroke of luck we win this game, that is 2 huge wins on our resume. 

Getting up Saturday morning and waiting till 10pm is going to be absolute torture.

Poison

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2019, 10:01:31 PM »
You are probably right.  Who at our age can still get drunk and high and jam out to phish all night?  Those days are long gone for me. 

Chris Obekpa can!

SJUFAN

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2019, 11:20:57 PM »
Congratulations on officially being recognized in the double-digit IQ section of the forum with Poison and Tony D. Your stuipidity knows

Did you just cite to an article by one random guy who describes it as “one man’s stab at how the Big East will shake out” to back up your false claim? Hahahahahaha wow. Ho-lyyyyyy sh-iiii—tttt.

News flash dummy... it’s not a false claim that they were picked to finish last if I can quote a source that picked them last. So now there is a distinction between being picked to finish last from being picked to finish 2nd to last when you stated essentially there was no distinction between most of the teams?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 11:23:52 PM by SJUFAN »

Marillac

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2019, 05:52:16 AM »
News flash dummy... it’s not a false claim that they were picked to finish last if I can quote a source that picked them last. So now there is a distinction between being picked to finish last from being picked to finish 2nd to last when you stated essentially there was no distinction between most of the teams?

When non-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=relateds are making such claims the understanding is that those claims are supported by a coach’s poll or at the very least a writer’s poll.

You made a mistake and you are either too much of an a rear of a donkey to admit it or you are too stupid to understand why your proffered evidence is absurd.

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2019, 08:58:14 PM »
Providence and Georgetown are not good at all😂

Marillac

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2019, 09:45:49 PM »
Providence and Georgetown are not good at all😂

You 24 hours ago:  “Ken Pom is one of the most trusted sites....”

KenPom Rankings:  Georgetown #43, Providence #75, and St. John’s #96.

You now:  “Providence and Georgetown are not good at all😂”

If KenPom is so great and KenPom has us ranked substantially lower than Georgetown, and Georgetown is “not good at all,” then what does that make us? Please don’t answer, I don’t want you to hurt the parasites you got from pig feces that now reside in your fragile brain. Great people in Arkansas and Haiti. Great people.

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2019, 10:08:22 PM »
You 24 hours ago:  “Ken Pom is one of the most trusted sites....”

KenPom Rankings:  Georgetown #43, Providence #75, and St. John’s #96.

You now:  “Providence and Georgetown are not good at all😂”

If KenPom is so great and KenPom has us ranked substantially lower than Georgetown, and Georgetown is “not good at all,” then what does that make us? Please don’t answer, I don’t want you to hurt the parasites you got from pig feces that now reside in your fragile brain. Great people in Arkansas and Haiti. Great people.
If Dunn has been cleared for the whole season, Vermont would have been a win, should be 10-1 but stuff happens. I’m not here to argue with you and call other people dumb, I’m sorry I came to follow one of my favorite coaches to St. John’s, I was totally wrong about this place, people of NY aren’t nice at all. I’m still going to root for Anderson and his players but I do not want to argue with Mullin lovers. And Georgetown is dropping players like flies and that probably has something to do with it and Providence is like 0-18 from 3 against Florida and scored only 40 somethings points, it’s probably just the matchup but I feel like St. John’s can end up anywhere 4-10 in the BE.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 10:10:18 PM by BannerMountainMan »

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2019, 10:27:21 PM »
If Dunn has been cleared for the whole season, Vermont would have been a win, should be 10-1 but stuff happens. I’m not here to argue with you and call other people dumb, I’m sorry I came to follow one of my favorite coaches to St. John’s, I was totally wrong about this place, people of NY aren’t nice at all. I’m still going to root for Anderson and his players but I do not want to argue with Mullin lovers. And Georgetown is dropping players like flies and that probably has something to do with it and Providence is like 0-18 from 3 against Florida and scored only 40 somethings points, it’s probably just the matchup but I feel like St. John’s can end up anywhere 4-10 in the BE.

Stick around.  That one dude is an angry man.  Just ignore him.

You are absolutely right.  Providence is awful and Georgetown has a skeleton crew out there.  Depth matters and they wont be able to compete.

The big east is as weak as its even been.  The door is wide open for coach mike and the johnnies to walk right through.

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2019, 10:31:11 PM »
Creighton is pretty good.  They are going to be a problem.

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2019, 10:42:36 PM »
Can't expect not to have one or two of his ilk. He's just twisted because only one or two posters buy into the bullshit he tries to sell and that he doesn't believe at least half of.

Marillac

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2019, 11:09:39 PM »

Vermont is 6-4 against D-1 teams. The fact that we needed Dunn to beat them at home is disgusting.

Georgetown is 8-3 with one of those losses coming to #4 Duke on a neutral court and by less than ten points. They’ve beaten Oklahoma State, SMU (by 17), and Texas (by 16) on neutral courts with more than Dunn out. Yeah, they suck😂

And since you’re new to this conference, here’s a little tip:  Providence never sucks. They have a high floor and a relatively low ceiling year in and year out. Cooley makes it dirty and he always has physical players to rebound and defend.

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2019, 11:22:26 PM »

You came on here with false reports about one of our players in practice. You claimed to have it as inside info... which was bs. Thanks for rooting for your favorite coach though.

Marillac

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2019, 11:22:37 PM »
Can't expect not to have one or two of his ilk. He's just twisted because only one or two posters buy into the bullshit he tries to sell and that he doesn't believe at least half of.

The bullsh*t I’m “trying to sell” is we don’t have a realistic chance this season but will next. Is that so crazy? We have the single worst back court in the conference.

You can’t simultaneously call this a rebuilding year and then talk about making the tournament!!! Which is it? Are we rebuilding or are we competing for the postseason?

Some lunatic above just labeled this the weakest the conference has ever been. How the hell is that possible when DePaul is a tournament team?Creighton is 9-2 after beating Oklahoma today and they were picked 8th.  Who is an easy win now?

« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2019, 11:39:27 PM »
Vermont is 6-4 against D-1 teams. The fact that we needed Dunn to beat them at home is disgusting.

Georgetown is 8-3 with one of those losses coming to #4 Duke on a neutral court and by less than ten points. They’ve beaten Oklahoma State, SMU (by 17), and Texas (by 16) on neutral courts with more than Dunn out. Yeah, they suck😂

And since you’re new to this conference, here’s a little tip:  Providence never sucks. They have a high floor and a relatively low ceiling year in and year out. Cooley makes it dirty and he always has physical players to rebound and defend.
Georgetown just lost 4 players lol

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2019, 12:27:51 AM »
The bullsh*t I’m “trying to sell” is we don’t have a realistic chance this season but will next. Is that so crazy? We have the single worst back court in the conference.

You can’t simultaneously call this a rebuilding year and then talk about making the tournament!!! Which is it? Are we rebuilding or are we competing for the postseason?

Some lunatic above just labeled this the weakest the conference has ever been. How the hell is that possible when DePaul is a tournament team?Creighton is 9-2 after beating Oklahoma today and they were picked 8th.  Who is an easy win now?
My post had nothing to do with any of that was referring to the fact that you have become the New York version of the ugly American. No reason to be so nasty almost all the time and I don't remember you being this way in the past. Maybe you are playing the Grinch in a local production or are playing to an audience of one on this site.

Marillac

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2019, 12:52:01 AM »
My post had nothing to do with any of that was referring to the fact that you have become the New York version of the ugly American. No reason to be so nasty almost all the time and I don't remember you being this way in the past. Maybe you are playing the Grinch in a local production or are playing to an audience of one on this site.

We are left with mostly nice persons on this forum. We lost many quality posters with the search debacle and coaching change.

A new prominent poster openly asked for clarification on why he should cheer for our conference when they played big OOC games!

There is no middle ground on anything here anymore. It’s maddening.

I was just called a “Mullin lover” for connecting two posts an over-the-top Anderson supporter made in 24 hours. It’s become like discussing politics on Facebook around here.