So March Madness

• 64 replies

Poison

Re: So March Madness
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2019, 10:47:14 AM »
Not bad for "CTC"  ;D

It’s great to have one finally go our way after 4 years of Mullin damage.

goredmen

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2019, 10:48:59 AM »
From what I saw of Arizona tonight I would be surprised if they made it as an at large team. We shot 25% in the second half and they still couldn’t pull it out. Arizona State looked more complete and even they’ve lost two games to Big East schools. The Pac12 has been awful for three years now.

.500 in the Big East will be a tall task and I don’t think that gets us in anyway. I think last place is still very much in play.

Lol you're delusional. Arizona has a lottery pick big and a lottery pick PG. The Pac 12 has been way better this year than in year's past. They will be in easily.

We already have two non conference wins miles better than any we had last year. The BE is WAY better this year than it was last year. .500 gets us in.

Poison

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2019, 10:53:19 AM »
Lol you're delusional. Arizona has a lottery pick big and a lottery pick PG. The Pac 12 has been way better this year than in year's past. They will be in easily.

We already have two non conference wins miles better than any we had last year. The BE is WAY better this year than it was last year. .500 gets us in.

Bowling Green was underrated. Marillac told us so last year!

DFF6

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2019, 11:10:22 AM »
Figures that St.John’s settles for Mike Anderson and he’s the best coach they’ve hired in 60 years.

For Seinfeld fans, it’s chicken salad, on rye, untoasted and a cup of tea!  That we hired a coach we were not looking to hire might be the key in turning the program around.

I won’t predict anything for this team because I had zero expectations at the outset of any meaningful success this year.  CMA has this team overachieving. No one in his right mind should’ve expected a W over Zona without Heron, and even with him, predicting a win straddles insanity. Looking forward to Marillac jumping on the band wagon and telling us a month from now that he knew this team was good. 😁

Johnny23

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2019, 11:25:38 AM »
It’s great to have one finally go our way after 4 years of Mullin damage.

Agreed. We've both been big proponents of the Anderson hire from the beginning. The next several years are going to be a fun chapter in SJU hoops.

TONYD3

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2019, 11:25:51 AM »
Bowling Green was underrated. Marillac told us so last year!
Yes he told us twice a week. They did finish 3rd in their league. If the the NIT took 30 more teams they might have have gotten an invite.

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2019, 12:45:46 PM »
Big East schedule will be tough.  But yesterday is the formula.  Defense creating offense because we will struggle in the half court all year.  Hopefully Steere can get acclimated to get a low post presence.  NIT would be a success this year
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2019, 02:43:33 PM »
Not many people in the arena.
You went?

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2019, 02:45:41 PM »
Fans should show up next week.  These kids deserve it.
Tru dat.  They really do deserve a full house after yesterday's effort.  All I have to do is  persuade Mrs. A that a St. John's game is a romantic New Year's Eve location.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 02:56:41 PM by carmineabbatiello »

Poison

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2019, 03:16:41 PM »
Big East schedule will be tough.  But yesterday is the formula.  Defense creating offense because we will struggle in the half court all year.  Hopefully Steere can get acclimated to get a low post presence.  NIT would be a success this year

Steere probably needs another year to get in shape.

Poison

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2019, 03:41:49 PM »
The BE schedule is going to be really tough. Also, it’s going to be cold this winter.

TONYD3

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2019, 03:45:35 PM »
You went?
Not this time. But I have plenty of tickets.

cjfish

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2019, 05:20:19 PM »
For Seinfeld fans, it’s chicken salad, on rye, untoasted and a cup of tea!  That we hired a coach we were not looking to hire might be the key in turning the program around.

I won’t predict anything for this team because I had zero expectations at the outset of any meaningful success this year.  CMA has this team overachieving. No one in his right mind should’ve expected a W over Zona without Heron, and even with him, predicting a win straddles insanity. Looking forward to Marillac jumping on the band wagon and telling us a month from now that he knew this team was good. 😁

Talent not that good but motivation and conditioning by the staff is leading to great things.  Offense goes hot and cold but defense can be consistent and lead to upsets like Arizona game. Minimum of 9 league wins, Defense is good and for stretches excellent.  Pressure messes with people.  CHAOS.

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2019, 05:27:37 PM »
Tru dat.  They really do deserve a full house after yesterday's effort.  All I have to do is  persuade Mrs. A that a St. John's game is a romantic New Year's Eve location.
Tell her it will be hotter inside than Florida and a cheaper vacation

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2019, 05:32:00 PM »
.500 we are in. No way am I ready to start thinking NCAA because I could see 5 or 6 wins ( St Johns fan I'm trained to think the worst ). If we beat Butler then I'm going to really start dreaming

Either way this is a fun ride and I finally think we got the right coach

HKD

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2019, 06:09:52 PM »

I think I have failed at this part.... will be at next two home games at MSG though. 

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2019, 08:07:27 PM »
Not this time. But I have plenty of tickets.
Than how do you know there were not many people there. You judging that by just watching on the tele?

That's bad. I don't do that. All my attendance posts are accurate in the house guestimates.

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2019, 08:07:49 PM »
Tell her it will be hotter inside than Florida and a cheaper vacation
I'll try that.

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2019, 08:24:48 PM »
Than how do you know there were not many people there. You judging that by just watching on the tele?

That's bad. I don't do that. All my attendance posts are accurate in the house guestimates.
Guess you are afraid to judge the crowd when watching on TV because you are afraid many people may have gone to the game disguised as empty seats, huh?  ;D

HKD

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2019, 08:41:24 PM »
Guess you are afraid to judge the crowd when watching on TV because you are afraid many people may have gone to the game disguised as empty seats, huh?  ;D

The Albany game was less than half full..... a little less than the Yale game.  Albany had a nice group there who were enjoying any positive moment. 

Carnesecca looked great with a little snow before the game though!

https://imgur.com/a/0Z5iNtE