@Providence 1/15

• 240 replies

Poison

@Providence 1/15
« on: January 15, 2020, 10:15:09 AM »
I like the teamwork I saw in the last game. I think we’ll beat them.

Zendon Hamilton - 75
Austin Croshere - 63

jsk

Re: @Providence 1/15
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 10:57:52 AM »
Johnnies 79
Friars 73

TONYD3

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 11:02:48 AM »
Dunn was great Saturday. Hopefully he keeps it up. LJ and heron need to play well. I think we have a decent chance.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 12:43:50 PM »
St. John's - 67
Providence -62

TONYD3

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 01:48:31 PM »
Alpha diallo has a finger injury and A.J. reeves is in concussion protocol. Providence board isn’t sure if either are playing.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 02:26:46 PM »
Arkansas fans have been telling us since he’s been hired that he doesn’t win many on the road. We are the only team in the conference without a road win this year.

I think we’ll split with Providence this year.

TONYD3

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 02:55:38 PM »
Arkansas fans have been telling us since he’s been hired that he doesn’t win many on the road. We are the only team in the conference without a road win this year.

We should forfeit. Save money on travel. And the rest of us can go to sleep a little earlier.

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 03:10:07 PM »
TonyD just curious where are you seeing the Diallo and Reeves injuries i am not seeing anything....also i have no idea which is there main board lol

TONYD3

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 03:16:53 PM »
TonyD just curious where are you seeing the Diallo and Reeves injuries i am not seeing anything....also i have no idea which is there main board lol
Friar town hoops board

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 03:17:28 PM »

Yea and fan bases are always right, right?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Foad

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 03:52:28 PM »

You genyiouses always are, why shouldn't they be.

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 04:25:31 PM »
Thanks!

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 04:29:42 PM »

It’s backed up by the data. It also makes sense given the chaos he needs to be successful.

It’s much easier to create chaos with thousands of fans screaming with every mistake by the opponent.

I think I’ve been very fair with Anderson. I am very positive about next season. I give him praise when he brings in recruits I like and I’m willing to continually reevaluate my stance with new evidence.

If the half-dozen trolls that feel the need to bash Mullin and give Anderson over-the-top compliments would end their ridiculous campaign you’d read nothing supportive posts from Marillac.

TONYD3

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 05:33:12 PM »
It’s backed up by the data. It also makes sense given the chaos he needs to be successful.

It’s much easier to create chaos with thousands of fans screaming with every mistake by the opponent.

I think I’ve been very fair with Anderson. I am very positive about next season. I give him praise when he brings in recruits I like and I’m willing to continually reevaluate my stance with new evidence.

If the half-dozen trolls that feel the need to bash Mullin and give Anderson over-the-top compliments would end their ridiculous campaign you’d read nothing supportive posts from Marillac.
Our AD every 2 weeks or so does an questions answers on Twitter. He is very nice and answers every reasonable question. I don’t know how to send the link. It’s very easy to find. You should all check it out. Today someone asked why he hired Anderson. Cragg have a lengthy answer that made me proud to be a St. John’s fan.
5 years ago we were even with providence. In our last 8 games we have went 1-7. From memory 2 were absolute knock out losses. I am sure their were more.
Game 2 in March year 1. We lost by about 40. We took my nephew to the game. He was only 8. As we were getting killed he asked “why doesn’t St. John’s have a coach” he saw Ed Cooley standing and walking around talking to his players and he saw no one from the St. John’s bench do anything.
Year 2 home game. Missed a few games because it wasn’t fun getting killed. I think we actually won a few and I was excited to go. 1st half we played close.
2nd half- we got killed. Our hero at least stood up. He said almost nothing for an entire half. No timeouts. Boy wonder sent subs in without any reaction from the head coach. On my way out of the garden someone said to me that it looked like an improvement. I lost it on him.
I won’t bring up coach mullin again. Unless I feel it’s relevant. Every time coach 3rd, 4th, or 5th choice is mentioned I will tell another story about coach Mullin.

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2020, 05:55:08 PM »
You genyiouses always are, why shouldn't they be.

Oh my how the mighty have fallen

Foad

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2020, 06:06:45 PM »
Oh my how the mighty have fallen

Better mighty for a day than schmuck for a lifetime

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 06:13:43 PM »
Better mighty for a day than schmuck for a lifetime

Right says the guy who continually called out a poster for leaving the board while mullin was winning cause he wasn’t having any fun, just to do the same thing this year. Way to stick to your guns tho!

Marillac

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2020, 06:23:12 PM »
Right says the guy who continually called out a poster for leaving the board while mullin was winning cause he wasn’t having any fun, just to do the same thing this year. Way to stick to your guns tho!

We started 12-0 last season. We lost our 4th game at home to Vermont and our 6th game on a neutral court by 13 to ASU this season — and the ASU game wasn’t as close as the score would indicate.

The two starts are not comparable.

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2020, 06:28:34 PM »
We started 12-0 last season. We lost our 4th game at home to Vermont and our 6th game on a neutral court by 13 to ASU this season — and the ASU game wasn’t as close as the score would indicate.

We were 11-2 with wins over West virginia and Arizona,I know you haven’t see either of those two teams play over the last ten years but they’ve had a little success.  There was no reason in the world for any of our fans not to be excited at EITHER of those points in each season. Come on a Middle Ground, you are so much better than this.

Poison

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2020, 06:34:43 PM »

By January 15th last year, how many ranked teams had we beaten last season?

The two starts aren’t even, but they are certainly comparable.