Depaul thread

• 107 replies
Re: Depaul thread
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2020, 05:42:29 PM »
Nice win. That’s what many of us expected out of lj and heron coming into this season. They were finally both hitting shots at the same time. Also nice to have a win pulling away in conference play and not leave it all on the last play of the game. Good all around effort. The other good thing is a win quiets all of the trolls at least a little bit so it’s much easier to read the board.

Poison

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2020, 06:21:31 PM »
I’m just glad we won, but that certainly wasn’t pretty. If we have any expectations of winning again on the road, we can’t count on LJ to do that again. He probably won’t.

As great as LJ was, Dunn was a mess. And Roberts was soft as hell today. Rutherford went daintily to the basket after not learning anything from the Seton Hall game. At least Dunn is always working. Roberts needs to want it more, and Rutherford needs to try to dunk every damn ball he takes to the rack.

Earlington was basically a non factor today. Does he think he’s a jump shooter now? He needs get under the basket and stay there. Williams played good defense and once again, did what others don’t bother to do.

I feel for Caraher. He is a talented player. I don’t think it’s a lack of hustle. The kid is working. He’s an inferior athlete. What is he supposed to do?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 06:24:17 PM by Poison »

ras

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2020, 06:25:15 PM »
I’m just glad we won, but that certainly wasn’t pretty. If we have any expectations of winning again on the road, we can’t count on LJ to do that again. He probably won’t.

As great as LJ was, Dunn was a mess. And Roberts was soft as hell today. Rutherford went daintily to the basket after not learning anything from the Seton Hall game. At least Dunn is always working. Roberts needs to want it more, and Rutherford needs to try to dunk every damn ball he takes to the rack.
I saw a Dunn who was less of a Tasmanian devil as Marillac says , and more in control w much better shot selection,

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2020, 06:30:50 PM »
You win the last 6 home games and win 2 in the tourney and you are in the tourney..

Foad

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2020, 06:33:06 PM »
What’s your point?

My point was obvious and you're stupid, which explains why you didn't get it.

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2020, 06:36:35 PM »
Ahh the classic “you’re stupid” comeback, works every time. You got him there.

Foad

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2020, 06:42:17 PM »
How about we do 50 dollars to program...fair bet and win for program...I won’t be pulled into your antics, but will instead offer you a chance to become a reputable member of this board...

Become a reputable member? To quote my boon companion, that's hilarious. I'm the only reason for half the traffic on this board. I'm beloved.

Fifty dollars is three pretty good cigars or a good bottle of vodka and on a good day I go through both in an afternoon. Forget NAMBLA. PM me your name and I'll donate ten times that much to the program if Figueroa is back next year. Because there is absolutely no way.

Foad

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2020, 06:43:57 PM »
Nice win. That’s what many of us expected out of lj and heron coming into this season. They were finally both hitting shots at the same time. Also nice to have a win pulling away in conference play and not leave it all on the last play of the game. Good all around effort. The other good thing is a win quiets all of the trolls at least a little bit so it’s much easier to read the board.

Yeah, it's a shame they can't play DePaul 12 times, they'd definitely be on the bubble.

Foad

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2020, 06:45:46 PM »
You win the last 6 home games and win 2 in the tourney and you are in the tourney..

Win the last 13 and they're a one seed. A girl can dream.

Foad

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2020, 06:48:38 PM »
Come and listen to the story of a man named jed, poor mountaineer barely kept his family fed, then one day he was shootin at some crude and up through the ground came Ellie Mae nude

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2020, 06:55:08 PM »

I actually quite enjoy Foad, it makes my day better to think of how much better my life is and how I’m not depressed with life.

Foad

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2020, 07:12:13 PM »
I actually quite enjoy Foad, it makes my day better to think of how much better my life is and how I’m not depressed with life.

So your life is so full that it makes your day better to think how much better your life is posting here because you're not depressed with life because you enjoy me. Probably you thought that was an insult, right? As opposed to you confusing yourself with linthead syntax.

TONYD3

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2020, 07:16:26 PM »

Don’t get it. You were taking a shot at our coach. It makes no sense. But you also think Mullin was a good coach.

TONYD3

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2020, 07:17:47 PM »
Foad is butt hurt.

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2020, 07:34:57 PM »
Become a reputable member? To quote my boon companion, that's hilarious. I'm the only reason for half the traffic on this board. I'm beloved.

Fifty dollars is three pretty good cigars or a good bottle of vodka and on a good day I go through both in an afternoon. Forget NAMBLA. PM me your name and I'll donate ten times that much to the program if Figueroa is back next year. Because there is absolutely no way.

How about we just agree on fifty dollars to the basketball program...I hope you enjoy your cigars and Smirnoff...

« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2020, 07:42:31 PM »
I don't get the hate-affair with Caraher. He's a depth player who is heady and plays hard. He's the 9-10th player in the rotation and is a sophomore. What do you expect?

I feel like the same people complaining about him are the same ones who would also complain if we struck out on a 5 star kid and lacked depth as a result.

He's also deserves a lot of credit for the win against UMass this year.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2020, 08:32:24 PM »
Just watched the game now. LJ really played outstanding today. Team last few games have really distributed shots towards LJ and Mustapha which is the key to this team being successful.

I thought Champagnie played the best game of his Big East career. He was aggressive and it helped space the floor.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

TONYD3

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2020, 08:56:50 PM »
I don't get the hate-affair with Caraher. He's a depth player who is heady and plays hard. He's the 9-10th player in the rotation and is a sophomore. What do you expect?

I feel like the same people complaining about him are the same ones who would also complain if we struck out on a 5 star kid and lacked depth as a result.

He's also deserves a lot of credit for the win against UMass this year.
Honestly Dave not sure what you are watching lately. Their is barely any talent on this team. They play hard. They including caraher are like able. Not one bum on the roster.
Caraher isn’t a PG, he isn’t a shooter, he isn’t an athlete, he isn’t a lock down defender, and he isn’t a big east player.
Margin of victory is small we can’t be -5 every 6 minutes we let caraher play.
Some guys don’t belong in the big east.

Foad

« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2020, 09:06:18 PM »
Don’t get it. You were taking a shot at our coach. It makes no sense. But you also think Mullin was a good coach.

I agree Tony the D stands for dimwit, you don't get it. It being another in the long list of things you don't get. I was discussing with some poster whether LJF comes back next year, which he thought might happen and which I am sure will not. So I offered him a wager about which outcome was more likely. Into which exchange you felt compelled to interject because being in love with me you need to respond to my every post and because you're at the bottom of the bell curve respond incorrectly. Which compulsion and inability to understand you demonstrated by postulating that the exchange that had nothing to do with you had to do with "our coach" and our former coach, which it had nothing to do with either, because you're an imbecile and that's me being kind to imbeciles.

SJUFAN

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2020, 09:42:02 PM »
Just watched the game now. LJ really played outstanding today. Team last few games have really distributed shots towards LJ and Mustapha which is the key

They were both aggressive on the catch. There was no hesitation, they shot the ball with confidence. That’s what they need to continue to do.