Depaul thread

• 107 replies

SJUFAN

Re: Depaul thread
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2020, 11:50:51 AM »
Well for starters this is a level above where Caraher should play. There is no doubt about but I've known David since he's 15 and know his character and style of play and I can see value at the end of the bench and becoming a glue guy.

He'll know what do to, where to be, and will practice and play hard.

Bringing him on a develop player in 10,11,12 scholarship spot is fine to bring him along for more impactful junior and senior seasons.

As for my stance on him now. It's more about TonyD exaggerating the negative impact he's having on the floor. I personally don't see him really making an impact one way or the other. One thing to note is he hasn't had a turnover in last 9 games. He makes good passes. Lots of hockey assists.

He’s a defensive liability.

cjfish

« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2020, 12:24:35 PM »
LJ isn't graduating and I doubt he wants to go to class next year.

Are you his daddy or confidant?

Marillac

« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2020, 05:52:01 PM »
Caraher has the makings of a 40% shooter. He rushes too many shots and lets poor play in other areas affect him too much there.

To say he can’t play at this level is probably not accurate. This system isn’t going to do him any favors, though.

The ball moves quicker off his touches than anyone else so he should be able to hang next year.

The correct move would be for him to stay another year, graduate, and the assess where he’s at. I think he’ll be a coveted grad transfer.

« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2020, 06:10:32 PM »
I'm in no rush to push any of these kids out, although granted I don't know what goes on behind the scenes in practice and if certain guys are buying into the conditioning needed to play Anderson's style.  Carraher seems like he is buying in and I agree he has a home here as a role player/contributor.  We have a number of kids that fit that mold and I'm tired of seeing use lose kids that go on to be solid contributors as juniors/seniors when so many BE programs live off those kids and succeed because of the continuity. 

TONYD3

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2020, 06:19:24 PM »
Caraher vs big east teams, Arizona State, Arizona, and west Virginia is 3-20 from three point range.

Foad

« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2020, 07:03:48 PM »
Caraher vs big east teams, Arizona State, Arizona, and west Virginia is 3-20 from three point range.

Three for 20 is 15 percent. Against those same teams Dunn was 5 for 33. Which is carry the one also 15 percent.

Before Depaul yesterday LJF (16-57) and Heron (10-31) were against those teams a combined 26 for 88 = 28 percent. If Cadaver had hit three more threes out of the 17 he missed he'd be a better three point shooter than those three guys combined. Hashtag small sample size.

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2020, 07:38:38 PM »
Three for 20 is 15 percent. Against those same teams Dunn was 5 for 33. Which is carry the one also 15 percent.

Before Depaul yesterday LJF (16-57) and Heron (10-31) were against those teams a combined 26 for 88 = 28 percent. If Cadaver had hit three more threes out of the 17 he missed he'd be a better three point shooter than those three guys combined. Hashtag small sample size.
Caraher*

Foad

« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2020, 08:18:25 PM »

TONYD3

« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2020, 09:39:48 PM »
Irony* is wasted* on the stupid*
No just a stupid joke.

« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2020, 10:21:46 PM »
Irony* is wasted* on the stupid*
I’m pretty sure it was irony because you always accuse me of being a hick and not being able to spell.

Foad

« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2020, 08:31:31 AM »
I’m pretty sure it was irony because you always accuse me of being a hick and not being able to spell.

Oh dear. Irony is the use of words to express something opposite to their literal meaning. Here I used the word cadaver, aka a dead body, in place of David Caraher's surname, Caraher despite his youth and sprightliness being inert on the basketball court, just as dead bodies are inert in the morgue. This slight word play evidently went whooshing over your head and so you fact checked the joke: not cadaver you said, Cahaher. This is not unlike (not unlike is a form of irony called litotes, you're welcome) to responding to why did the chicken cross the road by noting that it wasn't a chicken it was a capon and it wasn't a road it was a boulevard. To which I replied with a quote attributed to Oscar Wilde, which evidently similarly made its way past you unmolested. Which brings us to now.

As to always commenting on your spelling I don't recall doing that, although I do recall complaining that you cannot conjugate simple English verbs - "would of" instead of would have springs to mind as does "[they] was" rather than were. No doubt bringing light to your neglected education is lacking in charity - Arkansas ranks 42nd nationally in education, so you can hardly be blamed for your partial illiteracy - but charity creates a multitude of sins. Wilde also.

« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2020, 01:08:03 AM »
They are just talking crap. We match up nicely with nova. 
How can one poster be so consistently wrong about...well everything.  It's remarkable really.

TONYD3

« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2020, 06:43:51 AM »
How can one poster be so consistently wrong about...well everything.  It's remarkable really.
If we would have played well we would have a chance. That’s what I posted. U took one sentence instead of the majority of my posts to try and prove some point.
We had our chances. Guys missed plenty of shots. Margin of error is incredibly small. Greg Williams not being 100 percent didn’t help things.
If I typed the same thing 2 years ago. Instead of losing by 20, it would have been 40 and you have kept your mouth shut.

« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2020, 07:27:43 AM »
U took one sentence instead of the majority of my posts to try and prove some point.
This was the entire post:
"They are just talking crap. We match up nicely with nova. And the other soft teams"

I left out four words. You say we match up nicely with nova and I replied "No, we don't." You were wrong and I was right yet again. We don't match up nicely with Nova. It was proven unequivocally.  If you don't like ending up with egg on your face again and again and again - quit posting such bu*lsh*t and be more guarded in what you write.
We had our chances.
This is exactly what I mean.  We had our chances? We got blown out. It was men against boys. Dizzy Gillespie had 13 boards and he's a 5 ft. something white guy.
'If I typed the same thing 2 years ago. you have kept your mouth shut.'
This is also exactly what I mean. 2 years ago I would have kept my mouth shut because two years ago Chris Mullin beat Villanova at the garden in what would turn out to be a national championship season for them.

If you don't want me to point out when you stick your foot in your mouth - then quit sticking your foot in your mouth.

TONYD3

« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2020, 09:58:49 AM »
This was the entire post:
"They are just talking crap. We match up nicely with nova. And the other soft teams"

I left out four words. You say we match up nicely with nova and I replied "No, we don't." You were wrong and I was right yet again. We don't match up nicely with Nova. It was proven unequivocally.  If you don't like ending up with egg on your face again and again and again - quit posting such bu*lsh*t and be more guarded in what you write.This is exactly what I mean.  We had our chances? We got blown out. It was men against boys. Dizzy Gillespie had 13 boards and he's a 5 ft. something white guy. This is also exactly what I mean. 2 years ago I would have kept my mouth shut because two years ago Chris Mullin beat Villanova at the garden in what would turn out to be a national championship season for them.

If you don't want me to point out when you stick your foot in your mouth - then quit sticking your foot in your mouth.
2 years ago At this point in the season St. John’s was 0-9. And started 0-11. Second last place finish in 2 years. In 4 years mullin was 2-9 vs Villanova.
Dizzy whatever you call him is listed at 6’3 and will be all conference. The fact that he had a good game is not surprising. The fact that Villanova won is not surprising. The fact that Villanova won be a lot is not surprising.
Posting positive things about the team is not a character flaw. Yes we had a chance to win. I am well aware that we didn’t. Plenty of easy points were left out there. If we play again at the garden, they will probably win but we will have a chance. This team plays hard, even if it does stink.
Egg on my face? So far 5 seasons of basketball have been destroyed because of your hero. We lost Tuesday like you said it was men vs boys. The only thing making this season somewhat respectable is these guys play hard and compete.
2 years ago for a week and a half our team played great. Give credit to the players, give credit to St. Jean. Empty suit coach fxck you gets 0.

Marillac

« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2020, 10:17:41 AM »
The season is back on!

TONYD3

« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2020, 12:30:57 PM »
The season is back on!
Yeah looking forward to sunday. I like basketball.

« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2020, 02:46:37 PM »
In 4 years mullin was 2-9 vs Villanova.
Yes, and CFC is 0-1.  I know that it's not easy for St. John's to beat Villanova and expect us to lose against them.  You post that "we match up nicely" with them and have postulated that the sole problem with the program was Chris Mullin and once we rid of him and got a real coach I could sit back and watch us soar. Meanwhile we sink.
Dizzy whatever you call him is listed at 6’3
If he's 6'3" then I'm 5' 9". I was just struck by how many boards that is for a point guard.
Yes we had a chance to win.
Yeah, but then they tossed the ball into the air for the opening tip and that chance was over.
Egg on my face? So far 5 seasons of basketball have been destroyed because of your hero. 
What does that have to do with your reckless mispostings?

TONYD3

« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2020, 03:45:22 PM »
Yes, and CFC is 0-1.  I know that it's not easy for St. John's to beat Villanova and expect us to lose against them.  You post that "we match up nicely" with them and have postulated that the sole problem with the program was Chris Mullin and once we rid of him and got a real coach I could sit back and watch us soar. Meanwhile we sink. If he's 6'3" then I'm 5' 9". I was just struck by how many boards that is for a point guard.Yeah, but then they tossed the ball into the air for the opening tip and that chance was over.What does that have to do with your reckless mispostings?
I am done with this topic. Enjoy your fantasy world. What coach could have done better? What mistakes has Anderson made? You won’t be able to answer that because you personally don’t know anything. You only know what you see. The problem is you watched that lazy bum do nothing for 4 years and didn’t notice it? “Fxck you” is not code for a change in defense
A few on the board suggested that he go after different transfers. Maybe their was a reason he didn’t go after those guys.

TRANSFER U was an absolute failure.
Year 1- establish culture. Develop players. He has done that. We are currently 13-9. No one expected better. Carmine u didn’t.

In year 1 we are not ready to compete for the big east title. That is shocking news! If we are in 9th place next year he deserves plenty of criticism. But NO ONE WILL EVER be as bad as coach California Mullin
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 03:48:19 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2020, 01:36:30 AM »
I am done with this topic.
For real?  Because you open with this then proceed to dive right into this topic.
What mistakes has Anderson made?
Nothing glaring stands out to me. I like CFC. Losing at St. John's doesn't represent a mistake. It's a de facto status quo.
You won’t be able to answer that because you personally don’t know anything.
I just did. So there.
TRANSFER U was an absolute failure.
An Ncaa tournament season is far from an absolute failure at St. John's. It's an absolute success.
Year 1- establish culture.
A culture of losing?  This whole athletic culture thing is hogwash. You either score more than the opponent or you don't. Not really concerned about your community service and study halls and how much beer and pot the players consume.

'But NO ONE WILL EVER be as bad as coach California Mullin'
Well, already we know Norm Roberts was and the jury is still out on CFC. Suppose the Razorback doesn't dance in one of his first 3 seasons here? Will you man up and admit that his predecessor was the superior Johnny coach to him?  I'll just assume not.

P.S.
I'm done with this topic too unless we take it to the MULLIN-Anderson thread where it belongs. Nobody wants to read me schooling you and Dave doesn't want it clogging up the game threads.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 01:39:52 AM by carmineabbatiello »