How is everyone?

• 54 replies

goredmen

Re: How is everyone?
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2020, 11:26:23 PM »

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2020, 11:28:48 PM »
The number of neanderthals on this thread downplaying this is disheartening. The sad thing is they will think they were correct no matter what, even if the extreme measures taken works as intended. If we are able to flatten the curve due to closing non-essential business they will claim we overreacted. Must be nice to live in a fantasy world.

If it were up to them they'd let it run rampant and allow 3 million americans die. Thank god they are not in charge, and instead are limited to posting uninformed comments on basketball forums.

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2020, 12:06:54 AM »
I archived a lot of posts in this thread. This thread isn't a political debate. If you want to talk politics go into the appropriate board on this forum to do so.

This also isn't the place to voice your opinions on how people are handling their emotions.

Want to keep this thread to see how people are doing and keep this positive. Is that so hard to do?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2020, 01:28:37 AM »
I archived a lot of posts in this thread. This thread isn't a political debate. If you want to talk politics go into the appropriate board on this forum to do so.

This also isn't the place to voice your opinions on how people are handling their emotions.

Want to keep this thread to see how people are doing and keep this positive. Is that so hard to do?

So you kept the post above this with redstorm212 calling everyone Neanderthals? This is a very rm.com moderator move.

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2020, 03:12:47 AM »
Sadly Queens is getting crushed.

Tha Kid

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2020, 06:19:39 AM »
Dave - my thoughts and prayers are with you for your mom to get healthy.

It is terrifying how many people are still underestimating this disease and our lack of preparedness for it.  Trust me, I would hope for nothing else than our President to be absolutely right about all of his wild claims which aren’t based on fact or logic.  But unfortunately he’s not going to be.

I’m doing OK - working remotely which gives me a lot more time to spend with my 2 month old (and his older brothers) which is nice.

As someone who is potentially higher risk, I was freaking out a bit at the beginning of this but OK with it now.  Just have to wash hands, be smart, social distance and continue to live life within the new normal and try not to let anxiety take over our thoughts.   
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 06:21:14 AM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2020, 08:40:48 AM »
Cuomo has the right mindset for this. He wants to focus on what we can do now, instead of on his feelings in general. He's a leader, and we can all see that now.

Marillac

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2020, 11:00:58 AM »
Cuomo has the right mindset for this. He wants to focus on what we can do now, instead of on his feelings in general. He's a leader, and we can all see that now.

NY has almost half of the cases and is probably responsible for the spread in other states. That is good leadership to you?

cjfish

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2020, 11:12:23 AM »
NY has almost half of the cases and is probably responsible for the spread in other states. That is good leadership to you?

Neither chump or Cuomo are responsible for the spread of the virus.  The question is who is doing their best to stop the spread.  Cuomo is obviously on top of things and, yes, that is leadership.  Chump has come around but his initial reactions and statements reveal him for the fool he is, particularly his latest Easter pronouncement.

goredmen

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2020, 11:18:13 AM »

Neither chump or Cuomo are responsible for the spread of the virus.  The question is who is doing their best to stop the spread.  Cuomo is obviously on top of things and, yes, that is leadership.  Chump has come around but his initial reactions and statements reveal him for the fool he is, particularly his latest Easter pronouncement.

Oh you mean like everybody calling him a racist for stopping incoming flights from China in late January?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 11:18:26 AM by goredmen »

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2020, 03:19:26 PM »
Dave, you want me to start a new thread:

"Trunks and Asses - Enter at your own risk"

cjfish

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2020, 04:12:56 PM »
Oh you mean like everybody calling him a racist for stopping incoming flights from China in late January?

Everybody?  Not me, not any republicans.  Your word selection leaves something to be desired

Poison

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2020, 05:30:04 PM »

Do you think Trump handled this well? You know, I wonder if being a psychopath and also having zero experience in handling anything that requires leadership of any kind combined with being so f’n stupid that he thinks he’s great at everything, including understanding and prescribing a cure to his base.

A word of advice... don’t take Trump’s.

But yeah, his choice of words isn’t helpful and I think we all know it’s intended to divert blame.

Come November, people will remember the mistake they made not trying harder to stop this nice person.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 05:31:23 PM by Poison »

Marillac

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2020, 07:22:01 PM »
Do you think Trump handled this well? You know, I wonder if being a psychopath and also having zero experience in handling anything that requires leadership of any kind combined with being so f’n stupid that he thinks he’s great at everything, including understanding and prescribing a cure to his base.

A word of advice... don’t take Trump’s.

But yeah, his choice of words isn’t helpful and I think we all know it’s intended to divert blame.

Come November, people will remember the mistake they made not trying harder to stop this nice person.

Cuomo let tens of thousands of college kids go to spring break to congregate in crowded bars and hotel rooms, hookup with multiple people, and then return to New York on crowded planes. He let yeshivas and Hasidic communities do as they pleased for weeks.

NYC, a city of almost 9 million people, couldn’t handle an extra 80 bodies. It didn’t have a fraction of the ventilators or ICU beds needed. Who is responsible for that poor planning?

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2020, 12:48:33 AM »
Guys I really don't understand why you can't comprehend.... No political debate in this area of the forum. It's really simple.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle