Coronavirus effect on Stay/Pro decision

• 7 replies
Coronavirus effect on Stay/Pro decision
« on: March 27, 2020, 03:26:48 PM »
I'm thinking this pandemic increases our odds of retaining LJ.  No tryouts; no travel to Europe for who knows how long; no in face meetings with team reps, scouts and agents.  In such uncertain times the tendency is to remain with what's certain.

Can't we get lucky even one time with this?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 03:28:08 PM by carmineabbatiello »

Re: Coronavirus effect on Stay/Pro decision
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 05:08:34 PM »
May in turn cause uncommitted recruits not to want to come to the epicenter of the virus in the US.

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 07:23:43 PM »
LJ was clearly not happy here. I wouldn’t expect him back.

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 09:38:23 PM »
LJ was clearly not happy here. I wouldn’t expect him back.
He looked happy to me when we were winning and he was playing well late.

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 07:38:42 AM »
We aren't really sure what life post-COVID-19 will look like. Will life go back to the way it was, or will there be a new normal ... of rampant and prolonged social distancing that will fundamentally change life and sports in the US and in the world ... ?

I definitely think that economy will increasingly shift from a Globalization model (sorry to the proponents of this yet another policy failure) to an increasingly local level, self-sufficiency model in terms of how food is produced, water is distributed, health systems are maintained, communities are maintained ...

So in terms of impact on Stay/Pro decisions, I guess it depends :)

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 10:54:21 AM »
All of a sudden I am worrying about NEXT season even happening to be honest. 

I think LJ is going to excel as a 3rd / 4th option, just as 18-19 where Ponds / Clark / Simon were getting the ball first.  Remember that game @ Rutgers?  LJ just had the ball passed to him (when the defense sagged off him as they were covering the others) and he spot up shot the 3.  The key is SPOT UP.  Catch and shoot. 

LJ's body gets all discombobulated when he tries to shake and bake and make his own shot.  Then he tries to force drives and looks awful.  He needs to sit around the 3 point line and Steve Novak the ball.  3, 3, 3, etc. 

So I think Coronavirus may increase the chance he comes back, but as a #1 or #2 option I don't know if he helps US.   

Poison

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 11:10:02 AM »
All of a sudden I am worrying about NEXT season even happening to be honest. 

I think LJ is going to excel as a 3rd / 4th option, just as 18-19 where Ponds / Clark / Simon were getting the ball first.  Remember that game @ Rutgers?  LJ just had the ball passed to him (when the defense sagged off him as they were covering the others) and he spot up shot the 3.  The key is SPOT UP.  Catch and shoot. 

LJ's body gets all discombobulated when he tries to shake and bake and make his own shot.  Then he tries to force drives and looks awful.  He needs to sit around the 3 point line and Steve Novak the ball.  3, 3, 3, etc. 

So I think Coronavirus may increase the chance he comes back, but as a #1 or #2 option I don't know if he helps US.   

I agree. Can’t carry a team, and he’s much better as a 3rd option.

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 09:02:38 PM »
I agree. Can’t carry a team, and he’s much better as a 3rd option.
He's a very good player and we need him desperately.