ESPN The Season 2002 St Johns

• 4 replies
ESPN The Season 2002 St Johns
« on: July 01, 2020, 06:57:21 PM »
This was the first installment of the ESPN series, "The Season". Followed Coach Mike Jarvis and the St Johns Red Storm in 2002. Takeaways...

1] Wow. What an a rear of a donkey. Calling out Donald Emanuel in the locker room, " I am the last person to give a shit how you end up in life."; Eric King, maybe it was the editing, but that poor kid.

2] Game plan was get out of Hatten's way, let him do what he has to do. Needed a comeback, a steal, the big shot...Hatten was the man.

3] Junior Jarvi telling the team after a big loss; you guys didnt want it enough. Imagine having to take crap from Junior Whopper Jarvis?

4] Focused on Jarvis; Emanuel; Hatten; Bangura; Glover,.
 King and Cuffe. Mentions to Tristan Smith, Curtis Johnson career game v ND, Willie Shaw. Cameo by Abe Keita.

Its on Youtube, worth the watch

Poison

Re: ESPN The Season 2002 St Johns
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 07:19:36 PM »
This was the first installment of the ESPN series, "The Season". Followed Coach Mike Jarvis and the St Johns Red Storm in 2002. Takeaways...

1] Wow. What an a rear of a donkey. Calling out Donald Emanuel in the locker room, " I am the last person to give a shit how you end up in life."; Eric King, maybe it was the editing, but that poor kid.

2] Game plan was get out of Hatten's way, let him do what he has to do. Needed a comeback, a steal, the big shot...Hatten was the man.

3] Junior Jarvi telling the team after a big loss; you guys didnt want it enough. Imagine having to take crap from Junior Whopper Jarvis?

4] Focused on Jarvis; Emanuel; Hatten; Bangura; Glover,.
 King and Cuffe. Mentions to Tristan Smith, Curtis Johnson career game v ND, Willie Shaw. Cameo by Abe Keita.

Its on Youtube, worth the watch

That show killed Mike Jarvis. No one wanted to play for him after that.

Hatten had no consistent help. No one else could put it on the floor and create. He had to create. Tristan Smith, Andre Stanley, Sharif Fordham and Willie Shaw made it so because aside from a few games, they couldn’t score.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 07:48:11 PM »
I dont know if it was editing, maybe a personal vendetta someone at ESPN had for Jarvis, but he gave them plenty of material to bury him with. What a jerk.

ras

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 12:49:35 PM »
I remember watching the show and saying to myself what an condescending A hole, if I were a player I would never want to play for him

Poison

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 04:30:04 PM »
I remember watching the show and saying to myself what an condescending A hole, if I were a player I would never want to play for him

And that’s basically happened. Kids with options went elsewhere.