Team Practice on SI

• 49 replies

Marillac

Re: Team Practice on SI
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2008, 03:04:13 AM »
Ive got a couple questions for you.  What did you see out of Ty?  Will he be able to contribute this year? What kind of range did Quincy show?

Ty is skinny. Kid looks like he is 14. He has a very nice shot. Hit a couple of 3 pointers during the scrimage. Just my opinion, but Ithink he will the odd man left out. Has the tools just needs time.

Q does not look like a fr. He is a true 6'5, I see no issue with him playing a combo guard for us this year. He played point against Boothe last night.  He looks like a player. Boothe is going to play 30 minutes a game.

Boothe, Q, Paris then Ty for time at point.

Every kid looked in great shape.

Shooters are always the odd men out in Norm's offense.

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2008, 09:57:55 AM »
The Staten Island Advance article says that Rob Thomas played... but the same article thinks the team went 16-15 last year. 

http://www.silive.com/colleges/advance/stjohns/index.ssf?/base/sports/12251898223910.xml&coll=1

Would be nice to see Rob Thomas in game action... if he is going to be able to play this year.

"We're going to be much better this year," said Roberts.

Yeah... but so is the rest of the leauge! LOL... after all... the media was predicting 10 teams from the BE in the NCAA tourney.
Honestly... I do hope that we make progress this year... I would be content with 9-11 range in the BE with a NIT spot. Estatic if we went further.

u would be CONTENT with 9-11 big east wins lol...how about we go 18-0, would that make u HAPPY

I was actually referring to 9th to 11th spot in the Big East. Not 9 wins and 11 losses.... or 9 to 11 wins.

Poison

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2008, 11:41:20 AM »
Ive got a couple questions for you.  What did you see out of Ty?  Will he be able to contribute this year? What kind of range did Quincy show?

It seems that way, but he did give Avery Patterson every chance to hit threes, he just didn't knock them down in big east play. We're going to need another 3 point shooter other than Mase. I wonder who it wil be.

Ty is skinny. Kid looks like he is 14. He has a very nice shot. Hit a couple of 3 pointers during the scrimage. Just my opinion, but Ithink he will the odd man left out. Has the tools just needs time.

Q does not look like a fr. He is a true 6'5, I see no issue with him playing a combo guard for us this year. He played point against Boothe last night.  He looks like a player. Boothe is going to play 30 minutes a game.

Boothe, Q, Paris then Ty for time at point.

Every kid looked in great shape.

Shooters are always the odd men out in Norm's offense.

kob24

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2008, 12:14:08 PM »
it was tomas who gave phil the hit. It looks like he went 3 rounds with iron mike. And he plays well with justin on the court with him. And I know I am hard on tomas because of his basketball skill but I learned yesterday that he actually has a high iq just no skills.

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2008, 01:23:50 PM »
it was tomas who gave phil the hit. It looks like he went 3 rounds with iron mike. And he plays well with justin on the court with him. And I know I am hard on tomas because of his basketball skill but I learned yesterday that he actually has a high iq just no skills.

Tomas and Wait were on the same team and were not the court at the same time.

How does Justin like playing with Dele. Dele was killing Wait in the post.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2008, 02:51:03 PM »

With pure bull strength or actual post-moves? 

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2008, 03:03:47 PM »

With pure bull strength or actual post-moves? 
Both!! On one play Dele dunked the ball and Wait through the basket. Dele showed great foot work in the post. Quick moves, where got position, caught the ball, turned and shot the ball with either hand. Now will he be able to do this when the bright lights turn on, that still needs to be determined. He also ran the pick and roll with Malik to perfection.

Remember this was one practice, but Dele was very impressive. Dele has great touch around the basket.

kob24

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2008, 03:07:46 PM »
wait tried to block tomas and he got elbowed. I was with them yesterday

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2008, 03:36:02 PM »
wait tried to block tomas and he got elbowed. I was with them yesterday

We can agree to disagree. I stand by that they were on the same team and were not on the court at the same time, but the incident happen right before the Half time stoppage and I had to pee. Hey I am in my late 40's and drank to much water.

kob24

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2008, 04:13:22 PM »
LOL