Holiday Festival

• 38 replies

TONYD3

Holiday Festival
« on: December 17, 2008, 01:55:57 PM »
Maybe I am crazy but I hope and expect we play really good this weekend and win both games.

Re: Holiday Festival
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 02:01:35 PM »
norm is doing all he knows how to do to win the winnable games.  it looks like he's finally under pressure to win.

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 03:11:19 PM »
I feel very positive about this weekend. I think this team is beginning to come together at just the right time.

I say we win both games!

Let's go RED STORM!!!

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 03:15:16 PM »
I feel very positive about this weekend. I think this team is beginning to come together at just the right time.

I say we win both games!

Let's go RED STORM!!!

Pass the Kool Aid.

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 03:20:22 PM »

I say we win both games!

Let's go RED STORM!!!

Pass the Kool Aid.

I think it's time for you to visit the Marillac's Positive Thoughts thread and make today's post!

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 03:22:54 PM »
14  2-0 votes...gotta love the optimism!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 03:24:13 PM »

I say we win both games!

Let's go RED STORM!!!

Pass the Kool Aid.

Marillac is very sour as of late. He must be drinking the slyfoxx and PMG kool aid ;D

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 03:30:56 PM »

I say we win both games!

Let's go RED STORM!!!

Pass the Kool Aid.

Marillac is very sour as of late. He must be drinking the slyfoxx and PMG kool aid ;D

And I remember reading that we might see a kinder and gentler Marillac after he became an Uncle. Sorry to report that he's still not a happy camper. That's why Dave created a special thread for him to post one positive thought each and every day.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 03:37:52 PM »

I say we win both games!

Let's go RED STORM!!!

Pass the Kool Aid.
As a slight pessimist, I'm going with Marillac a bit on this one.  I think there are many reasons why St. John's could beat Virginia Tech, but especially after last year's snore fest, and even worse 3-point shooting, I wouldn't call a win for the Johnnies until I see it.  They have bodies inside to bang with. 

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 03:42:15 PM »

I say we win both games!

Let's go RED STORM!!!

Pass the Kool Aid.

And I remember reading that we might see a kinder and gentler Marillac after he became an Uncle. Sorry to report that he's still not a happy camper. That's why Dave created a special thread for him to post one positive thought each and every day.

I'll be happy when I finish and sell my house!  Enough of this Marillac the carpenter business :)

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 03:44:29 PM »

I say we win both games!

Let's go RED STORM!!!

Pass the Kool Aid.

I'll be happy when I finish and sell my house!  Enough of this Marillac the carpenter business :)

You should become a Drivers Ed teacher

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 03:44:54 PM »
As I type this 80% of the fans on this site think we will win both games.  I can't see us losing to Marist, and Va Tech is only 6-4 and has lost to Seton Hall with only seven guys, but c'mon.   80% pick STJ when we will be the underdogs?  That is is the definition of the glass is half full.  

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 03:54:21 PM »
As I type this 80% of the fans on this site think we will win both games.  I can't see us losing to Marist, and Va Tech is only 6-4 and has lost to Seton Hall with only seven guys, but c'mon.   80% pick STJ when we will be the underdogs?  That is is the definition of the glass is half full.  

Maybe someone spiked the Kool aid!

kjd01067

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 06:32:24 PM »
I also think we win both games.  Kids will be excited to play at the garden for the first time this year.  Hopefully Burrell can finally put it together at the garden.  Maybe this team will give us all an early Christmas present!

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 07:52:45 PM »
Holiday Fest dont got no juice.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 08:48:23 AM »
marist beat IONA 51-50 in a real game. lets see how sju does....

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 10:29:25 AM »

I agree Choz, zero juice. Should be 4 local teams playing

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 10:37:07 AM »

A game of what?

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 10:43:27 AM »

A game of what?

Game of basketball, I guess you havent seen a well played one in years ;)

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 10:55:49 AM »

I agree Choz, zero juice. Should be 4 local teams playing

I have no problem w the teams.  3 local teams (not 4,
but Marist is local enough)  plus an ACC  team is fine.

Subbing in Fordham, Iona, Hofstra, Manhattan, etc
for Columbia though would have been better though.

Molloy '71