Two Questions from the game yesterday

• 21 replies
Two Questions from the game yesterday
« on: December 22, 2008, 10:48:23 AM »
I read through the post game thread and didn't see any mention, so I wanted to give a shout out and see if anyone saw what happened.

Early in the game Malik and Tim Higgins seemed to have words down at the end of the court in front of the student section. It appeared from my seats as if Higgins was warning Malik, as if he said something to the ref. Then Higgins tied his shoe, so I dismissed it thinking they were joking about the Zebra’s shoes being untied.

Right before play resumed Norm and Malik seemed to exchange some looks and words from the bench to the floor.

Anybody have a better idea of what happened?

Also, anybody notice who I thought was Boo Harvey at the game and spending some time with Coach and Mrs. Mahoney? I was pretty sure it was him.

Re: Two Questions from the game yesterday
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 10:58:25 AM »
I hate Higgins. Sometimes I swear he has massive amounts of gambling debt.

To answer your question directly though I don't know what was exchanged I think it had something to do with a call though. I have to check out the game on the dvr again.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 11:00:20 AM »

To answer your question directly though I don't know what was exchanged I think it had something to do with a call though. I have to check out the game on the dvr again.

Wow, Dave Ive thought and heard the same about Higgins over the years.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 11:11:32 AM »
Not making any excuse for the loss, but the officiating was pretty poor yesterday. At least they were consistently bad as opposed to favoring one team or the other.

I have not been a fan of Higgins and I think it’s time to put him out to pasture.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 11:22:45 AM »
Not making any excuse for the loss, but the officiating was pretty poor yesterday. At least they were consistently bad as opposed to favoring one team or the other.

I have not been a fan of Higgins and I think it’s time to put him out to pasture.

Team had their chances to win.  The officiating was not enough to explain the disparities... and turnovers.

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 11:35:30 AM »

Team had their chances to win.  The officiating was not enough to explain the disparities... and turnovers.

I thought this was considered a standard disclaimer:
Not making any excuse for the loss

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 11:39:49 AM »

I thought this was considered a standard disclaimer:
Not making any excuse for the loss
Saying that in general, not pointing a finger at you.

pmg911

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 11:53:38 AM »

Absolutely ridiculous.. 

PLEASE...    and where have you heard this..?

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 11:56:02 AM »

Absolutely ridiculous.. 

Just an opinion from some friends who know basketball and are gamblers. Are you friends with Tim Higgins too now?

pmg911

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 12:00:41 PM »

Absolutely ridiculous.. 

Just an opinion from some friends who know basketball and are gamblers. Are you friends with Tim Higgins too now?

I have met Tim a few times but friends no..

Do I know his family, yes and I can tell you the last thing this guy has to worry about is money...

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 12:02:02 PM »

Absolutely ridiculous.. 

I have met Tim a few times but friends no..

Do I know his family, yes and I can tell you the last thing this guy has to worry about is money...

Tim Donaghy had a nice house too ;)

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 04:22:32 PM »

Higgins is actually very wealthy outside of officiating.  I was his caddy at Tuxedo Country Club growing up.  He played football with my uncle in high school in Bergen County. 

From what I remember his brother owns or used to own a very successful business and Timmy had a high position with the company that easily paid him more than officiating.  He is one of the funniest guys you'll ever meet. 

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 04:26:35 PM »
how bad could he be...both coaches were po'd.

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 04:28:53 PM »
Is Higgins the older guy with white hair?  He made some pretty bad calls.  Not enough to change the outcome of the game but...  Bad refereeing usually affects both teams so i seldom think its an excuse.

Marillac

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 04:30:57 PM »

Absolutely ridiculous.. 

Oh stop Marco. He's a good guy.

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 08:06:07 PM »
Happened right in front of me, Malik has a bad habit of complaining on every call. He complained and Higgins told him to knock it off.

Very funny though when Malik pointed out his shoe was untied.

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 01:24:19 AM »
Happened right in front of me, Malik has a bad habit of complaining on every call. He complained and Higgins told him to knock it off.

Very funny though when Malik pointed out his shoe was untied.

Thanks, finally an answer to my main question!
I sit behind the SJU bench so it was the farthest point away from me, but I knew something happened.

And to Simplyred: yes, the older zebra with the while hair.
I never said he effected the outcome of the game, just that he and the others made some terrible calls.

Hello????

pmg911

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 09:47:08 AM »

Higgins is actually very wealthy outside of officiating.  I was his caddy at Tuxedo Country Club growing up.  He played football with my uncle in high school in Bergen County. 

From what I remember his brother owns or used to own a very successful business and Timmy had a high position with the company that easily paid him more than officiating.  He is one of the funniest guys you'll ever meet. 

Tim's brother is a retired senior managing director @ Morgan Stanley...  the family has zero money concerns.

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 10:01:51 AM »
Tim's brother is a retired senior managing director @ Morgan Stanley...  the family has zero money concerns.

A short time ago I would have agreed with you, but today you have to pray that his brother was not one of Bernard Madoff’s clients!

pmg911

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 11:36:10 AM »

A short time ago I would have agreed with you, but today you have to pray that his brother was not one of Bernard Madoff’s clients!

Like I said, no money concerns..