Don't worry, be happy

• 2 replies
Don't worry, be happy
« on: December 29, 2007, 06:27:57 PM »
From a team with one experienced player in Mase and the rest being freshman/rookies, I think this team is showing promise. Of course they make rookie mistakes but they hold on close to some games. Imagine once this team matures especially in two years. I think if we continue this maturity rate, St. John's MAY be back in the tournament in two years. For those doubters, St. John's did make a quick recovery after Omar left and Marcus came in and St. John's went to the tournament. I see great potential in this team and I believe that this team is great and even though this might be a rebuilding year, have some patience and in maybe two years, we will have all forget this bump in the road and you students on campus could start planning trips to Regional sites

Re: Don't worry, be happy
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 07:30:27 PM »
One experienced player????   What about Geno and TJ.   Also we are missing two returning players, QC and AP.   Could have really used QC, our inside game makes me sick.

Are you a VT fan trying to rub this loss in our face?

Re: Don't worry, be happy
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 09:41:13 PM »
I admit that I overlooked that Geno was a Senior (I get confused with the nickname, just being honest) but I am not a Hokie. I am going off topic here but I just recently moved to VA in July. I was born in Atlantic City, attended St. John's, moved to Palm Beach County, and then just moved up to VA in July because I was all by myself in Florida and my immediete family moved to VA. The purpose of this post is to tell you guys that besides Mase and Geno, we are a young team. I see it as a young quarterback such as Peyton Manning or Donovan McNabb who started out in the NFL. They did not start out great but in their second or third year, they were great. Have patience in this team and St. John's will be great again. For the record, I am not this 100% pure optimist, I do curse off A-rod when he can't make it to first in October or how the Dolans should be ran out but I do have faith in this team. So as the post says (and Bobby McFerrin), "Don't Worry, Be Happy"