on a scale of 1-10...

• 9 replies

sjd8886

on a scale of 1-10...
« on: February 19, 2009, 07:42:59 PM »
how embarrassed are you to be a st johns fan right now...im watching this game and i feel like im 8 again and im watching tv with my parents and a sex scene came on

Re: on a scale of 1-10...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 09:29:15 PM »
how embarrassed are you to be a st johns fan right now...im watching this game and i feel like im 8 again and im watching tv with my parents and a sex scene came on

Team was not good for the first 35 minutes, but I'll give them credit for finishing strong.  Even though Duke was laying back, St. John's was pushing the ball well and really attacking the rim.  It's too bad they don't try to push the ball more often, as they would probably have more wins in the W column at the end of the season.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 10:09:03 PM »
We're just not that good. I truly believe we have the potential to play better but fact remains we don't do some things we should and we're just not that good. The team played hard and for St. John's we didn't play so bad.

Cue the response in year 5 there are no moral victories. I agree but we played alright and we played pretty well in stretches.

I'm more embarrassed to be a St. John's fan for the pure fact we have no home court advantage. We have the quietest crowd in the BE and maybe the nation.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 10:17:10 PM »
We're just not that good. I truly believe we have the potential to play better but fact remains we don't do some things we should and we're just not that good. The team played hard and for St. John's we didn't play so bad.

Cue the response in year 5 there are no moral victories. I agree but we played alright and we played pretty well in stretches.

I'm more embarrassed to be a St. John's fan for the pure fact we have no home court advantage. We have the quietest crowd in the BE and maybe the nation.

I guess you've never been to a game in Miami.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 11:17:48 PM »

I guess you've never been to a game in Miami.

Dolphins? I have I went this year.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

sjd8886

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 11:51:15 PM »
i agree 100% dave...we have a middle of the pack big east team right now...theyre just not well coached...if this is what theyre doing in the games, what are they doing in practice i wonder...has anyone sat in on a norm roberts practice, bc id love to hear about it

SJU33

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 02:37:03 AM »
Alright fellas this is my first post ever, but I've been on this site for awhile now. I really hated this thread and figured I'd make a few opinions. I created an account to see how you guys feel about a few things: 

First of all we can't hate on Norm Roberts to much. I will say he's not getting the recuitment he was supposed to get.  We get no good recuits but he has st.johns playing.  They fight till the last second and play with a lot of heart.  They don't have the talent but they play there balls off and I love that.  Norm really has the team playing but just doesn't have the talent to compete in the big east. I wouldn't mind seeing him go but I do repect the way he has the team playing as hard as they do.  I love the effort.

Second, our bigs need to finish more.  I feel we blow to many layups or tonight dunks. Evans has a lot of potential but needs to finish when he has open chances.  He huge and he needs to finish in the post.  They need to stop with this layup junk and go up strong and dunk it home.  Lets get to the free throw line more.

Finally, we need to build on kennedy and horne.  They are solid players and do great things on the cournt. If we add Lance with them Evans and Burrell St.Johns will be a great team.  I can see this next year and they would be a great team. Come on Lance St. John's needs you. 

Marillac

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 03:25:19 AM »
Alright fellas this is my first post ever, but I've been on this site for awhile now. I really hated this thread and figured I'd make a few opinions. I created an account to see how you guys feel about a few things: 

First of all we can't hate on Norm Roberts to much. I will say he's not getting the recuitment he was supposed to get.  We get no good recuits but he has st.johns playing.  They fight till the last second and play with a lot of heart.  They don't have the talent but they play there balls off and I love that.  Norm really has the team playing but just doesn't have the talent to compete in the big east. I wouldn't mind seeing him go but I do repect the way he has the team playing as hard as they do.  I love the effort.

Second, our bigs need to finish more.  I feel we blow to many layups or tonight dunks. Evans has a lot of potential but needs to finish when he has open chances.  He huge and he needs to finish in the post.  They need to stop with this layup junk and go up strong and dunk it home.  Lets get to the free throw line more.

Finally, we need to build on kennedy and horne.  They are solid players and do great things on the cournt. If we add Lance with them Evans and Burrell St.Johns will be a great team.  I can see this next year and they would be a great team. Come on Lance St. John's needs you.

Thanks for signing up, Glen Braica. 

Talent wise we were at the very least equal with Duke.  They killed us in the skill deparmtent--there is a big difference.  You cannot teach talent and that is good news for Norm Roberts.

These guys play hard and I love that, but they play ugly.  You can play ugly as the underdog, but how can we expect an improvement next year?  We have 13 games by double-digits and this game by seven at home thanks to eight missed FT's in the last two minutes. 

You mean to tell me that Norm is going to get a 10 point improvement next year?  We still don't have a bonafide PG, our soph's are incredibly experienced so it is no fair to expect vast improvements that might be reasonable for soph's that only played sparingly. 

pmg911

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 07:45:11 AM »

We get no good recuits but he has st.johns playing.  They fight till the last second and play with a lot of heart.  They don't have the talent but they play there balls off and I love that.

I am sorry, this is just not true...

He DOESN'Thave them playing and while they show heart at times, they act like dogs at times too. A few of them leave everything on the coourt at times but some of them have laid down and all but quit at times over the past two years too.

Last night is a prime example...   they got out played for 35 minutes by a superior team that plays hard defense. With 13 minutes left in the game they had 34 points. I am sorry but 34 points in 27 minutes of basketball at the Div I level is embarrassing and this was game that St. John's was attempting to push the ball. Sean Evans missed 3 uncontested play ups last night because he couldn't decided if he wanted to try to dunk or play it in. I am still amazed that Burrell missed that dunk...  unreal.

They make a late push to make score reasonable and some people are actually pleased with the effort. What about the effort for the first 35 minutes.

Dave hit nail on the head above. . we are just not that good.

The fact that we are nopt that good all rools back to the coach at this point. He is responsible for bring in every player here on scholarship. If the team is not that good the blame rests squarely on his shoulders.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 12:17:13 PM »

Thanks for signing up, Glen Braica. 

That's not Braica.  It's Lance's dad.  Welcome to the St. John's family Mr. Stephenson.