Monasch on the FAN today

• 12 replies
Monasch on the FAN today
« on: February 20, 2009, 03:24:42 PM »
Here's the link to listen

http://www.wfan.com/pages/744503.php
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Re: Monasch on the FAN today
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 03:53:32 PM »
very entertaining 2 hours. anyone gonna try calling in this afternoon? theyre done with their guests and they dont seem to be talking about too much
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 03:56:32 PM »
He did say that he expects them to be a NCAA tourney team next season. So if that isnt reached I expect Norm to be gone.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 03:57:03 PM by Mparty7441 »

boo3

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 03:59:46 PM »
  I listened and for the most part was very disheartening. Norm will be back next year,(right on KOB )  unless Monasch lied right to Francesca.  Basically layed it on the line for Norm next year. NCAA  or bust.  Which leads me to believe that Lance will be Redman next year.  Because this team on paper without him is not an NCAA team w/ NOrm at helm.(personally w/ lance i don't think they are either next year).   

Mike did a good job i thought except didn't mention anything about the transfers.  Grilled Monasch about declining tickets sales and paultry Garden crowds.  Monasch has all the excuses just like his coach.  Not a good day to be a fan of this team.  IMO

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 04:28:31 PM »
  I listened and for the most part was very disheartening. Norm will be back next year,(right on KOB )  unless Monasch lied right to Francesca.  Basically layed it on the line for Norm next year. NCAA  or bust.  Which leads me to believe that Lance will be Redman next year.  Because this team on paper without him is not an NCAA team w/ NOrm at helm.(personally w/ lance i don't think they are either next year).   

Mike did a good job i thought except didn't mention anything about the transfers.  Grilled Monasch about declining tickets sales and paultry Garden crowds.  Monasch has all the excuses just like his coach.  Not a good day to be a fan of this team.  IMO

He either deliberately lied to Mike Francesa or, despite being the latest Athletic Director, was actually ignorant of the UConn attendance by claiming the UConn game was "double-digits." The UConn attendance was well below that at 7,545.

It's unfortunate that Francesa wasn't optimally prepared for the interview of the athletic director of his alma mater.

Poison

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 06:30:49 PM »
So Norm is staying. Why go on the air and endorse the guy, if you're going to fire him?

Sad that they really think he's the guy for the job.

We had better hope that Lance comes, and that he's ready to lead.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 06:32:06 PM »
Yo man, this AD dude is so whack I dont even know what to say.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 06:58:29 PM »
Yo man, this AD dude is so whack I dont even know what to say.
He doesn't exactly exude leadership or accountability.

It was like he broke out a Roladex of excuses for the collective performance of the program over the past five years. It was Spin 101 and MF fell for it. Meanwhile, MF sounds like he was trying to distance himself further from the program.

At some point, if he doesn't turn it around, the guillotine will have Monasch's neck.

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 08:45:13 PM »
I'm not too worried guys.  Monasch tried everything he could to not say Norm was staying.  And asked if Norm was staying "guaranteed," Monasch replied that there was still a substantial part of the schedule left and the season was incomplete.

Norm may end up staying, but this was far from concrete in my opinion.

Good, not great, job out of Tank today.

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 01:29:47 AM »
He either deliberately lied to Mike Francesa or, despite being the latest Athletic Director, was actually ignorant of the UConn attendance by claiming the UConn game was "double-digits." The UConn attendance was well below that at 7,545.

It's unfortunate that Francesa wasn't optimally prepared for the interview of the athletic director of his alma mater.

I’m sorry but I have to whistle a FOUL here. Some of you are taking the AD of a school to task for not knowing the attendance at a recent game while doing an on-air interview regarding the fate of the current coach.

Let’s try to keep some perspective here, he didn’t lie, and it’s certainly not a huge conspiracy.

Mike said it and Chris agreed. You can tell it’s an honest mistake otherwise Mike would have pounced on it like you guys seem to be doing.

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 01:36:37 AM »
I'm not too worried guys.  Monasch tried everything he could to not say Norm was staying.  And asked if Norm was staying "guaranteed," Monasch replied that there was still a substantial part of the schedule left and the season was incomplete.

Norm may end up staying, but this was far from concrete in my opinion.

Good, not great, job out of Tank today.

While I am always comforted by the fact that you are not too worried, did you listen to the interview carefully? I know it comes as no big surprise that we differ in our opinions of the truth.

I can furnish you with the transcript of the interview for a nominal fee if you wish to review it. I think you might just be surprised.

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 02:05:48 PM »

I’m sorry but I have to whistle a FOUL here. Some of you are taking the AD of a school to task for not knowing the attendance at a recent game while doing an on-air interview regarding the fate of the current coach.

Let’s try to keep some perspective here, he didn’t lie, and it’s certainly not a huge conspiracy.

Mike said it and Chris agreed. You can tell it’s an honest mistake otherwise Mike would have pounced on it like you guys seem to be doing.
Do you actually believe that Monasch is unaware of the relative ticket sales of the flagship program of the athletic department?

Personally, I think he tried to slip one by a poorly prepared interviewer.

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 02:28:13 PM »
monasch...when pressed...said yes to the question will norm be back next year.

he said the ncaa is a goal.  he never said norm would be gone if that goal, next year, isn't reached.

the record next year under norm will probably be somewhat better...but we'll still be irrelevant.  norm flat out doesn't have the intelligence to be a floor coach.  that doesn't matter to harrington or monasch.  the program has always been a clubhouse.  norm is in the club.  true fans of the team aren't.

that's the bottom line.

it's time to tune the program out.  this sh!t isn't worth the aggravation.