Project Lance 3/7/2009

• 47 replies
Re: Project Lance 3/7/2009
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2009, 07:53:10 PM »
Lance and Lincoln won a good game against Transit Tech. I saw a few familiar faces and a decent amount of SJU shirts. Not quite sure why some high profile fans (names not mentioned) sat behind the Tech bench!!!  LOL

Lets all get out next Sunday and show him some support against Boys & Girls!

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2009, 08:56:38 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/03/07/lance-lincoln-march-into-semis/#more-13047

St. John’s head coach Norm Roberts and assistant Fred Quartlebaum were on hand Saturday to watch Stephenson.

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2009, 12:22:38 AM »
St. John’s head coach Norm Roberts and assistant Fred Quartlebaum were on hand Saturday to watch Stephenson.

What, no love for Braica, Singleton, ect?
They were standing baseline along with DJ & Sean for most of the game.

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2009, 11:38:24 AM »
Lance and Lincoln won a good game against Transit Tech. I saw a few familiar faces and a decent amount of SJU shirts. Not quite sure why some high profile fans (names not mentioned) sat behind the Tech bench!!!  LOL

Lets all get out next Sunday and show him some support against Boys & Girls!

hahaha I thought I saw you across the court.  When i got there i just found a seat, i wasnt sure what team was gonna be on what bench, and by the time i figured it out i didn't really feel like moving

as others mentioned, its spring break and most students are gone..the next game will next sunday at carnesecca against i believe boys and girls...there will be many more students (available, anyway) and I will be contacting the head of school spirit so see if we can arrange something to have all the students meet somewhere, make signs, then all head over there and sit together

btw, nice finally meetin ya theo! 8)

Poison

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2009, 01:27:23 PM »

What, no love for Braica, Singleton, ect?
They were standing baseline along with DJ & Sean for most of the game.

That's what I like to see. Doesn't have to be reported, but let's be glad that our guys are making it very clear that they want Lance here.

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2009, 02:24:21 PM »
I was there with the "high profile" sleevless guy  ;D lmao.

Lance had about 27 or 29( i lost count) but he was guarded tight and was denied the ball which made him pretty angry at times. This was my first time seeing Lance play in person but i noticed that he was playing under the basket alot like a 4. Idk if he does this alot but some of u guys r saying that he'll play point but i see him playing the 3.

I also talked to Norm and asked him if we were gunna get Lance and he just smiled and hesitated and said all we can do is try. I took this as a good sign as Norm looked confident that we'll land him.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 02:24:49 PM by icewater10 »

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2009, 02:30:35 PM »
i heard lance to maryland is all but done last nite.

then again, with a possible ncaa investigation on his recruitment if he commits, who knows..

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2009, 02:50:36 PM »
i heard lance to maryland is all but done last nite.

then again, with a possible ncaa investigation on his recruitment if he commits, who knows..
There would be something sadly amusing about Maryland, the school that's been rightfully angry about the Rudy Gay recruitment, winding up using a human being like Sonny Vaccaro and Under Armour to woo a pariah like Lance Stephenson.

Gary Williams was desperate enough to recruit Tyree Evans last year (until the university/media pressure forced him to let him go) and he's bound for yet another NIT, but I can't imagine, at his age, Gary Williams would want to tarnish his legacy with an NCAA investigation for a problematic one-and-done that may only give the program a slight bump.