Project Lance 3/7/2009

• 47 replies
Project Lance 3/7/2009
« on: February 28, 2009, 08:43:27 PM »
Dear St Johns Fans,
I am writing to you for your support. I believe that all of us want St Johns to return to its glory days. And there is one recruit that can help us. Now i know all of us have a view on the coach. And i really don't want this to become a topic about that. If Lincoln wins on tues they will be playing on our home court CA next Sat. I really think this could be a moment where we could show him that we really want him. After him being at the Cuse game he could be having mixed feelings. This is one advantage we have over other teams. And i really think we need to use it. Next Sat lets get as many of us to CA and show Lance we want him.

Regards,
Classless and Sleeveless

Re: Project Lance 3/7/2009
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 10:51:10 PM »
he will not be the sole savior of our program, sorry.

BUT i agree you should get students and whoever is a STJ fan to go to the PSAL games...LANCE OR NOT.

there are still other possible STJ prospects if the top 8 teams make it...

1.       ABRAHAM LINCOLN -- Lance
2.       JOHN F. KENNEDY
3.       THOMAS JEFFERSON -- Davontay Grace
4.       BOYS & GIRLS -- Mike Taylor
5.       WINGS ACADEMY
6.       FOREST HILLS
7.       BENJAMIN CARDOZO -- Chris Gayot
8.       WADLEIGH -- Karim Rowsin

don't forget about the CHSAA playoffs either. 

Poison

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 11:04:11 AM »
he will not be the sole savior of our program, sorry.

BUT i agree you should get students and whoever is a STJ fan to go to the PSAL games...LANCE OR NOT.

there are still other possible STJ prospects if the top 8 teams make it...

1.       ABRAHAM LINCOLN -- Lance
2.       JOHN F. KENNEDY
3.       THOMAS JEFFERSON -- Davontay Grace
4.       BOYS & GIRLS -- Mike Taylor
5.       WINGS ACADEMY
6.       FOREST HILLS
7.       BENJAMIN CARDOZO -- Chris Gayot
8.       WADLEIGH -- Karim Rowsin

don't forget about the CHSAA playoffs either.

He won't be the sole savior, but Horne, Kennedy, Burrell and Evans are not entirely without talent. What he can do is take us from being a team that is sure to go home in March to one that will contend for an NCAA bid.

That is not crazy to assume.

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 01:33:10 PM »
Dear St Johns Fans,
I am writing to you for your support. I believe that all of us want St Johns to return to its glory days. And there is one recruit that can help us. Now i know all of us have a view on the coach. And i really don't want this to become a topic about that. If Lincoln wins on tues they will be playing on our home court CA next Sat. I really think this could be a moment where we could show him that we really want him. After him being at the Cuse game he could be having mixed feelings. This is one advantage we have over other teams. And i really think we need to use it. Next Sat lets get as many of us to CA and show Lance we want him.

Regards,
Classless and Sleeveless
It's a solid idea and realistically one which would be taken advantage of by our competitors' fans, if they had the opportunity.

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 01:51:25 PM »
Hats off, Classless. That's a great idea. It would be great to see CA jammed with people showing Lance some St. John's love. I don't live in the area, but I hope some folks will take to organizing this.

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 02:11:27 PM »
Unfortunately, you will not see many students at this game as it is during our spring break.

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 02:24:50 PM »
so i guess they don't care then.

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 05:05:53 PM »
Dear St Johns Fans,

Regards,
Classless and Sleeveless
A terrific idea. Unless She Who Must Be Obeyed has other plans I intend to be there.

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 05:33:26 PM »
Unfortunately, you will not see many students at this game as it is during our spring break.

I will also be mia literally I'm taking a weekend trip to miami. I need some sun and hot tan women in my life.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 05:39:20 PM »
its not that none of us care..alot of us come out to every game no matter how bad we play, and no1s sticking around over the 1 week we get off...a week later or earlier, this wouldv been a great chance to get him.

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 05:42:41 PM »
and you basically get paid to do it...

if you can't spend one day at STJ break to try and lure some future recruits because it's break and there's other stuff to do, then you don't care.  (unless you are from outside NYC then i understand).

i know if i went to STJ/didn't write for HS sites i would do it... 

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 06:20:27 PM »

if you can't spend one day at STJ break to try and lure some future recruits because it's break and there's other stuff to do, then you don't care.  (unless you are from outside NYC then i understand).

Honestly man, I've missed two games this year and that was because I had a class, I would love to go to this but to ask us to stay at school during our spring break is a little ridiculous for any student to do.  This is a pretty stressful time with midterms and all and I think I speak on behalf of all students when I say we want to get the hell out of this place as soon as possible for the week we have off.

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 06:28:11 PM »
but you can't spend one night at CA for a hs game?  i'm not saying stay there all day.  it's going to prob start at 4 and end at 9. 

people here talk about recruits and about how great they are, yet they aren't willing to go see them. 

if lance "is the guy who can save this program" you would assume students would sacrifice a night during break to see him.

i guess not.

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 06:29:41 PM »

Thats because you're still in highschool and haven't experienced anything in college and don't realize that you would want to go anywhere rather than staying at school for spring break. The only people who stay for spring break are athletes, RA's, and perhaps some international students.

Would you really rearrange your Cancun trip to watch a high school basketball game?

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 06:34:17 PM »
but you can't spend one night at CA for a hs game?  i'm not saying stay there all day.  it's going to prob start at 4 and end at 9. 

people here talk about recruits and about how great they are, yet they aren't willing to go see them. 

if lance "is the guy who can save this program" you would assume students would sacrifice a night during break to see him.

i guess not.

This is the 2nd time you've labeled Lance as the "savior" of this program when no one here has mentioned that or even hinted at that. He would be a tremendous help to the program but no one is pinning him out to be a miracle worker.

You've already stated you don't think he is a savior so please stop trying to make it like other people are calling him that when they are not.

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 06:37:03 PM »
oh give me a break, he CLEARLY hinted it.  and to say people have not called him a savior of sorts is just a lie.

and i said if you are in NYC you should go to the game. 

but of course dave, you are the creater of johnny jungle so therefore everything you say is 100% correct. 

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 07:04:57 PM »
Ill be there

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 07:19:37 PM »
oh give me a break, he CLEARLY hinted it.  and to say people have not called him a savior of sorts is just a lie.

and i said if you are in NYC you should go to the game. 

but of course dave, you are the creater of johnny jungle so therefore everything you say is 100% correct.

No one is building up Lance more than what he is but in no way should his importance be ignored or under appreciated.

You on the other hand have been trying to put words in to people's mouth by continuing to label him as "savior" which is not the thought or even the tone shared by the majority(really no one thinks so) of the people here on this site. 

You tried to insult me that was cute  :-*

Seriously though you can always delete your account again. You won't be missed. Also face facts you're still in HS and are still very naive to many things. You may think you know it all but you don't. I think you're advancing yourself very well for a person your age by writing so much however it would behoove you to be a bit more respectful, professional, and friendly to others rather than being so condescending and cynical about a lot of things. You come across as a little punk more often than not. If this is the way you want to carry yourself, go ahead, but don't be upset when people call you out on it.

I can't wait to see how fast you pack your bags for spring break when you get into college.

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 07:23:13 PM »
Guys cmon if you can't make it you can't make it. I did my 4 years at St Johns and only missed 3 home games. Stuff happens. This was a post to everybody. Students, fans and alum. I really feel with this team we will be good next year. This kid could help us be great. Let's make him feel at home before he is even here. I dont really post on the other sites but maybe also inform them. As long as he wins on Tues I will try and post time and ticket prices wed.

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 10:45:52 AM »
Dear St Johns Fans,

Regards,
Classless and Sleeveless

Great idea, it can't hurt our cause to show him a little love!