Sylven 1 and Done?

• 45 replies

Tha Kid

Re: Sylven 1 and Done?
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 10:13:17 AM »
Posion,

Why are you such a crybaby about syl? If you were him would you have stayed? Grab some kleenexes and stop being such a sore loser.

He went to one of the only programs in worse shape than ours.
He simply didn't want the attention.

Gutless. Don't like my assessment? I don't care.

Your ASSessment is flawed as per ususal.  There are a WHOLE hoard of reasons why the kid may have wanted to go to UVA over St Johns that don't involve him being gutless.  He went to an equally crappy program to try to turn it around - and be able to get a TOP NOTCH education if bball didn't work out --- and move more than 5 minutes away from home.  How is that gutless?  Is gutless dominating the ACC as a frosh?  You're a joke.
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 10:18:25 AM »
Posion,

Why are you such a crybaby about syl? If you were him would you have stayed? Grab some kleenexes and stop being such a sore loser.

Your ASSessment is flawed as per ususal.  There are a WHOLE hoard of reasons why the kid may have wanted to go to UVA over St Johns that don't involve him being gutless.  He went to an equally crappy program to try to turn it around - and be able to get a TOP NOTCH education if bball didn't work out --- and move more than 5 minutes away from home.  How is that gutless?  Is gutless dominating the ACC as a frosh?  You're a joke.

Dominating the ACC as a freshman? Dominating the cellar.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:19:08 AM by Poison »

Poison

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 10:20:01 AM »
Is there any truth to the rumor that his father wants him closer to home?

he'll be home in a week.

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 10:20:52 AM »
Posion,

Dominating the ACC as a freshman? Okay, I may be a joke, but Sylvan's Cavaliers have a firm grip on last place. What player are you watching?
\

Now this is ownage. Good job Posion. Its amazing how some St Johns fans worship and make excuses for other players, but continually throw the St Johns kids under the bus

Tha Kid

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 10:24:31 AM »
Posion,

He's putting up those numbers despite being the focus of the defense.  What would he be doing here? Same shit.  You are the biggest homer - I remember from our Yanks-Sox arguments about a year back too.  You need to get a grip.

Baldi - you're a joke.  You just like to start up trouble.

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 10:35:13 AM »
Posion,

He's putting up those numbers despite being the focus of the defense.  What would he be doing here? Same shit.  You are the biggest homer - I remember from our Yanks-Sox arguments about a year back too.  You need to get a grip.

Whats next, gonna stick up for Dave Leitao  and blast Norm?

Tha Kid

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 10:50:56 AM »
Posion,

You're defending a poster who wished Syl would break  his ankle.

Try to remember back when you were an 18 yr old.  If UVA and your hometown school - 5 mins from your parents - BOTH sucked and had bad coaches who were "good guys," and you could either go to an elite institution in warm weather or the hometown school, is the hometown school the obvious choice? No.  Some kids would pick stj, others would pick UVA, but its not like it was some clearcut choice that Syl f'd up on because he was a wuss.  Going to a crappy ACC school and having to play at Duke, MD, Wake, and UNC being the focus of the other team and other fans is NOT wussy by any means.

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 10:57:45 AM »
Posion,

Try to remember back when you were an 18 yr old.  If UVA and your hometown school - 5 mins from your parents - BOTH sucked and had bad coaches who were "good guys," and you could either go to an elite institution in warm weather or the hometown school, is the hometown school the obvious choice? No.  Some kids would pick stj, others would pick UVA, but its not like it was some clearcut choice that Syl f'd up on because he was a wuss.  Going to a crappy ACC school and having to play at Duke, MD, Wake, and UNC being the focus of the other team and other fans is NOT wussy by any means.

I could care less about Landesberg. He doesnt play for St Johns or IONA.Where were you when posters were saying similar thing about Eugene Lawrence? Or when posters complain about Norms suit?

Tha Kid

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 11:00:16 AM »
Posion,

I could care less about Landesberg. He doesnt play for St Johns or IONA.Where were you when posters were saying similar thing about Eugene Lawrence? Or when posters complain about Norms suit?

If anyone suggested Eugene hurt himself and I read it, I would have lambasted them.  Joking about Norm's suit is harmless - but it is also something I have not done myself.  So why you trying to cause trouble by criticizing my points about Landesberg.  I haven't suggested anything about Norm's failure to land him, only that a local kid is doing well at UVA.  We check in on old recruits don't we - you constantly do with Corey Fisher and his financial accountant$.  My point is - if you dont care about Syl - why side with a disgusting poster who hopes he seriously injures himself?

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2009, 11:04:12 AM »
Posion,

If anyone suggested Eugene hurt himself and I read it, I would have lambasted them.  Joking about Norm's suit is harmless - but it is also something I have not done myself.  So why you trying to cause trouble by criticizing my points about Landesberg.  I haven't suggested anything about Norm's failure to land him, only that a local kid is doing well at UVA.  We check in on old recruits don't we - you constantly do with Corey Fisher and his financial accountant$.  My point is - if you dont care about Syl - why side with a disgusting poster who hopes he seriously injures himself?

Im not defending his post about him breaking his ankle, that was of poor taste. But like I said, it amazes me the effort some posters go thru to bash our own players, and stick up for kids who choose to go elsewhere.
Why do you call Posion a homer?

Poison

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2009, 11:11:11 AM »
Posion,

Dominating the ACC as a freshman? Okay, I may be a joke, but Sylvan's Cavaliers have a firm grip on last place. What player are you watching?
\

Now this is ownage. Good job Posion. Its amazing how some St Johns fans worship and make excuses for other players, but continually throw the St Johns kids under the bus

I shouldn't have said he should break an ankle. That was wrong.

However, constantly hearing about how he's doing is a truly pathetic topic of conversation. That's like stalking the girl who picked another guy over you. He plays for a team with 3 wins. We have 5.

Does that makes us better than Virginia? Yes, it absolutely does.

At the end of the day, he'll have his education provided he stays 4 years.
If he leaves early, that changes his story around a bit.

kob24

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2009, 11:11:58 AM »
poison the school was picked because it was a good school and he got away from his dad.why would u want him to break his ankles because of that?

pmg911

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2009, 11:57:05 AM »
by your logic Lance is will be gutless too if he doesn't pick St. John's..?

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2009, 11:57:45 AM »
No hatin on Syl. Brother is first class on and off the court.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Poison

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2009, 12:05:59 PM »

That is exactly right.

Or will he be going to Kansas for the great education?

Tha Kid

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2009, 12:10:18 PM »

That is exactly right.

Perhaps to play for a coach who has gotten guys to the NBA and has a chance to win a national title?

Poison

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2009, 12:14:25 PM »

That is exactly right.

Perhaps to play for a coach who has gotten guys to the NBA and has a chance to win a national title?

These kids all brag about their roots, but too many of them are full of it.
They just want to go where the work is already done.

Landesberg's decision is the mostly baffling. He actually plays for a team that we'd beat pretty badly. 

If Lance has balls, he'll stay home, with the goal of winning here.
It doesn't take much at all to go to a school where they already have
10 Lance's.

sjd8886

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »
poison is just an immature person, wishing a talented young kid with a bright future breaks his ankle bc he didnt choose to come play for his team...the funny thing is, poison wouldnt even be wishing this harm on him if sly wasnt close to signing with us...if he had kept us out of his top 5 or top 10 all year round poison would be picking on someone else right now...and baldi, well, i never thought anything bad of him ever, until the last week or so, when hes shown the stupidity of a pissed off teenager in his posts...but i really am pushing for you baldi...i hope one day we see an actual intelligent and well thought out argument from you again

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2009, 12:40:44 PM »
poison is just an immature person, wishing a talented young kid with a bright future breaks his ankle bc he didnt choose to come play for his team...the funny thing is, poison wouldnt even be wishing this harm on him if sly wasnt close to signing with us...if he had kept us out of his top 5 or top 10 all year round poison would be picking on someone else right now...and baldi, well, i never thought anything bad of him ever, until the last week or so, when hes shown the stupidity of a pissed off teenager in his posts...but i really am pushing for you baldi...i hope one day we see an actual intelligent and well thought out argument from you again

What do you mean "again"? That must mean I put forth a good argument somewhere along the way ;) Oh and btw, Baylor plays Texas tonight on ESPN. Lets see if they are back!  ;D

pmg911

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2009, 12:42:34 PM »

That is exactly right.

So any local player that St. John's is recruiting and doesn't come here is gutless..

Are you really that stupid..?