Chip

• 18 replies
Chip
« on: March 08, 2009, 03:21:54 PM »
The Championship game is today at 4. Malik Stith is playing as well. Another opportunity to evaluate Both recruits.

http://www.southkentschool.org/webcast/index.html
The phrase perfect storm refers to the a simultaneous occurrence of events which, taken individually, would be far less powerful than the result of their chance combination. Such occurrences are, by their very nature, rare, and so even a slight change in any one event contributing to a ‘perfect storm’ would be sufficient to lessen the overall power of the final event.

kjd01067

Re: Chip
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 04:33:02 PM »
game didn't start till 5pm so its still in the 1st half if anyone is interested

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 04:37:39 PM »

Hey McFly...are you spending time in the future again?  Its 4:30PM the game already started.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

kjd01067

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 04:56:55 PM »

Hey McFly...are you spending time in the future again?  Its 4:30PM the game already started.

hahaha i just came back to change that im all messed up with the time change...

kob24

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 06:18:48 PM »
Who won

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 09:01:10 PM »
Bridgton 89-85.

Not sure how...I saw some of the first half and South Kent was in control 55-40 at the half.

South Kent was hot from 3 in the first half (Parrom was 4-5). 

kob24

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 09:11:06 PM »
Bridgton has the better coach

kob24

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 09:21:31 PM »
Omari plays tommorow in the prep national tournament.  So they have a chance to win the whole thing. Stith played good today also. I love the bridgeton coach I think matter of fact he would be a great assistant coach.

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 09:29:42 PM »
Omari plays tommorow in the prep national tournament.  So they have a chance to win the whole thing. Stith played good today also. I love the bridgeton coach I think matter of fact he would be a great assistant coach.

The part I saw in the first half Stith looked quick but couldn't finish at the rim and he didn't attempt to shoot from the outside or midrange.  He had a good second half I assume?

Was this the league championship and now they play a national tournament?  I'm not sure how it works for prep schools.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 12:13:12 AM »
I watched the first seven minutes of the second half.  SK's offensive strategy was awful.  Omari never even touched the ball and was not involved at all.  Defensively, he was beaten badly off the bounce a few times. 

He probably could have done a better job going after rebounds or moving to the ball, but SK was averaging only 1-2 passes per set while I was watching.  Not good.

kob24

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 05:15:03 AM »
There coach is just horrible. I told Omari no excuse for not touching the ball go and get it. Coach wants him off of it. F that look at the outcome. This game was for there conference chip. Today is for the 6 top prep schools in the country. Like the NCAA's. They are the third seed.

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 06:24:11 AM »
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox/2009/03/06/NEWLOOK_TENNESSEE_VOLS

Quarterfinals – Monday

2 p.m. – No. 8 Bridgton Academy vs. No. 1 Patterson School
4 p.m. – No. 7 Winchendon vs. No. 2 Hargrave Military Academy
6 p.m. – No. 6 Brewster Academy vs. No. 3 Notre Dame Prep
8 p.m. – No. 5 Tilton School vs. No. 4 South Kent

Tuesday – Semifinals at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. ; Championship at 8 p.m.

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/725/NEPSAC-Finals-Event-Recap.php

Recap

Malik Stith was named MVP. :o

Mike Burwell, who is going to USF from SK, scored 38 on 8 threes the other night.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 06:44:26 AM by Not The Sleaveless Guy »

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 08:48:21 AM »
There coach is just horrible. I told Omari no excuse for not touching the ball go and get it. Coach wants him off of it. F that look at the outcome. This game was for there conference chip. Today is for the 6 top prep schools in the country. Like the NCAA's. They are the third seed.

I saw the game and expected more scoring out of him.  He wasn't the focal point off the team either.  His form looks good but he shot 2 or 3 bricks.  The one thing about Lawrence is he fills up the stat sheet.  Multiple steals, assist, blocks,and rebounds.  The kid he matched up with on the other team is headed to Louisville so it was a good test.  Maybe we missed the boat on Malik as he really took over the game. Lawrence also only played 10 mins of the first half due to 2 fouls. Then sat another 8 mins in the second due to silly fouls. Then fouled out with 3 mins left ( thought he was supposed to be a high IQ guy).  This is the second game iv'e seen. Lawrence is gonna have to show me more KOB.  Kev Parrom looks as if he is gonna be a10 rookie of the year!!! 
The phrase perfect storm refers to the a simultaneous occurrence of events which, taken individually, would be far less powerful than the result of their chance combination. Such occurrences are, by their very nature, rare, and so even a slight change in any one event contributing to a ‘perfect storm’ would be sufficient to lessen the overall power of the final event.

kob24

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 04:33:17 PM »

I saw the game and expected more scoring out of him.  He wasn't the focal point off the team either.  His form looks good but he shot 2 or 3 bricks.  The one thing about Lawrence is he fills up the stat sheet.  Multiple steals, assist, blocks,and rebounds.  The kid he matched up with on the other team is headed to Louisville so it was a good test.  Maybe we missed the boat on Malik as he really took over the game. Lawrence also only played 10 mins of the first half due to 2 fouls. Then sat another 8 mins in the second due to silly fouls. Then fouled out with 3 mins left ( thought he was supposed to be a high IQ guy).  This is the second game iv'e seen. Lawrence is gonna have to show me more KOB.  Kev Parrom looks as if he is gonna be a10 rookie of the year!!!
omari and kev stats speak for them selves. if south florida took justin lemmow then that explains the mike burwel thing. and ask theo he has seen them all play he is in the business ask him who would he rather have. kev has that potential but it depends on which kev shows up

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 05:03:02 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=3963932

• Bridgton Academy coach Whit Lesure does an incredible job of coaching his team and demanding respect from his players. His teams remain engaged throughout games and battle for practically every loose ball. Lesure's clubs also play a very unselfish brand of basketball.

Standout Players

Malik Stith, PG (5-10)
Post-Grad, Long Island City, N.Y./Bridgton Academy
Stith does an incredible job running a team. This pass-first point guard has a good understanding of when to set up his teammates for scoring chances and when to look for his own offense. Stith knows how to make teammates better and get them the ball on the spots on the floor where they operate the most effectively. When he looks to score himself, Stith uses his quickness to get into the lane. He knows how to get defenders on his hip and dribble past them. He also does a good job changing speeds off the dribble, keeping defenders off balance. Stith can go left, but he prefers to drive to his dominant right hand when he penetrates. He also has enough strength and body control to take contact, adjust in the air, and still finish off hoops in the paint with either his right or left hand. Stith will shoot the jumper off the dribble and will also connect on 3s, but he prefers to get into the lane over shooting from the perimeter. He does a very good job pressuring opposing ball handlers and keeping them in front of him and out of the lane. This quiet assassin rarely shows emotion throughout games and leads his team through his effort and heady play.

Surprise Players

Mike Burwell, 6-6 (SG)
Post-grad, East Brunswick, N.J./South Kent School
Burwell has an effortless jumper and does a great job keeping the ball high on the shot. His lack of wasted motion allows him to convert jumpers from beyond 3-point range with great success. If left unattended on the perimeter, you can bet that Burwell will connect. He has solid athleticism and good length. When those factors are combined with his shooting ability, Burwell could become a solid offensive player off the dribble -- though he does not do much off the bounce at this point of his career. He excels in catch-and-shoot situations, especially if he gets the ball from a penetrating guard or a big who kicks it out after encountering a double team. He plays very hard and will dive for loose balls to get extra possessions for his team. Burwell uses his good length to tip a number of balls on the defensive end, and he does a good job anticipating in passing lanes for steals. He does an adequate job moving his feet and keeping opposing ball handlers in front of him and out of the lane.

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 05:12:32 PM »
2pm - #1 Patterson School (N.C.) vs. #8 Bridgton Academy (ME)

4pm - #2 Hargrave Military Academy (VA) vs. #7 Winchendon School (MA)

6pm - #3 Notre Dame Prep (MA) vs. #6 Brewster Academy (NH)

8pm - #4 South Kent School (CT) vs. #5 Tilton School (NH)

Brighton beat Patterson this morning So if Kent wins tonight.  We will see the rematch 12pm on Tuesday.  Does anyone know if we are still recruiting Malik?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 05:13:52 PM by queensrevolution »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 05:13:27 PM »
adding the Stith write up to the recruiting page.

kob24

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 06:35:23 PM »
Once again I would love to see coach whit on our bench. He is a coach knight type. He is a real problem

kob24

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 08:40:22 PM »
down ten.