Evendorf

• 21 replies
Evendorf
« on: March 14, 2009, 05:09:47 AM »
This kid is my favortite player in the Big East,,doesnt take sht from nobody. Love a kid like this on my team

Re: Evendorf
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 05:27:48 AM »
This kid is my favortite player in the Big East,,doesnt take sht from nobody. Love a kid like this on my team

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 06:41:00 AM »

Devendorf :)  He is a heck of a player.  Anybody that thinks this kid is overrated doesn't know basketball. 

I've heard some people kill his defense, but that is just silly.  There was a very noticeable difference between how much better of a defender he than McNamara when they manned the top of the zone together.  He has always been very good in their matchup zone.

Bilas knocked his rebounding last night, but that was an uncharacteristic bad call by him.  Obviously opposing teams will try to attack the weakside boards against the zone.  The only way to make teams pay for doing that is pushing rebounds you do get and the guards need to leak out for that. 

boo3

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 03:39:29 PM »
  Oh yeah....and he beats up women.  Class act all the way.  You have low standards if this loser is your favorite player.   Is Chris Brown your favorite musician too?

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 03:50:49 PM »
  Oh yeah....and he beats up women.  Class act all the way.  You have low standards if this loser is your favorite player.   Is Chris Brown your favorite musician too?

No, Ike Turner is my favorite,

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 05:01:09 PM »

No, Ike Turner is my favorite,

LOL   

Baldi comes up big in a tough spot.

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 05:53:03 PM »

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 06:02:06 PM »
He's too much of a punk.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 07:23:26 PM »
Lets see how high and mighty he is after Syracuse and playing ball in Brazil where it is practically legal to kill women if they call out your manhood...just a jackass

Poison

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 07:34:26 PM »

Devendorf :)  He is a heck of a player.  Anybody that thinks this kid is overrated doesn't know basketball. 

I've heard some people kill his defense, but that is just silly.  There was a very noticeable difference between how much better of a defender he than McNamara when they manned the top of the zone together.  He has always been very good in their matchup zone.

Bilas knocked his rebounding last night, but that was an uncharacteristic bad call by him.  Obviously opposing teams will try to attack the weakside boards against the zone.  The only way to make teams pay for doing that is pushing rebounds you do get and the guards need to leak out for that.

You think he's a better player than Gerry?

I think he's a better player than Malik Boothe.

Gerry, however, is one of the most accomplished players in the history of our conference. How many players have a national championship and two big east tourney championships on their resume? When Devo hits 6 threes in the first half of a national championship game, then he can enter the discussion.

Devondorf isn't held accountable lately for his careless me-first basketball antics, but that's because the Orange have won the games. All year long, he's cost them games trying to go coast to coast, and doing jumping jacks on defense.

He's not Gerry. Not even close. And every basketball fan knows that this is Johnny Flynn's team. Not Devondorf's.

Gotta say, I find it funny, listening to fans here talk about how Devondorf hit a girl.
He didn't hit a girl. He had an arguement with a girl. Not quite the same thing.

He was suspended for that. A lot more than SJU did to Grady Reynolds.
Are Johnny fans going to seriously point a finger?

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 09:26:03 PM »

Gerry, however, is one of the most accomplished players in the history of our conference. How many players have a national championship and two big east tourney championships on their resume? When Devo hits 6 threes in the first half of a national championship game, then he can enter the discussion.

Devondorf isn't held accountable lately for his careless me-first basketball antics, but that's because the Orange have won the games. All year long, he's cost them games trying to go coast to coast, and doing jumping jacks on defense.

He's not Gerry. Not even close. And every basketball fan knows that this is Johnny Flynn's team. Not Devondorf's.

Gotta say, I find it funny, listening to fans here talk about how Devondorf hit a girl.
He didn't hit a girl. He had an arguement with a girl. Not quite the same thing.

I'm a huge McNamara fan.  I loved his attitude and I sometimes watch the highlights from that Big East Tournament three years ago.  It gives me goosebumps, because it was a senior--a great kid--refusing to go down.  If they lost even the championship game, they weren't going to the dance.

With that said, there was a clear difference between the athletic levels of GMac and Devendorf.  It was very evident on defense.  Devo was just so much more active, he closed out better, and he had better feet.  GMac's defense is the only thing keeping him from being a backup PG in the league.  I think he has more than enough PG ability offensively.

I want to dislike Devo.  He is a punk.  He is a showboat. But the kid always comes up big and he has an NBA offensive game.  I think the lack of man to man experience will kill him just like it did to Donte, John Wallace, Lawrence Moten, GMac, and so many other players that have come out of Syracuse. 

boo3

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 09:57:04 PM »

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- A Syracuse University judicial hearing board has ruled that starting guard Eric Devendorf violated the Student Code of Conduct by allegedly hitting a female student in the face.

The board recommended that Devendorf, a 6-foot-4 junior, be suspended for the remainder of the academic year. He is expected to appeal the decision.

What does Grady Reynolds have to do with this anyway. Because St.John's dropped the ball on that lowlife, we can't come down on Devendorf?  That makes perfect sense.

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 09:57:12 PM »
13 points at the half! If Cuse wins does he get tourny MVP?

Marillac

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 10:03:14 PM »
13 points at the half! If Cuse wins does he get tourny MVP?

It should be split between Devo and Flynn.  I can't say for sure that there is a better back court in the country.  They both come back next year too.

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 02:50:01 AM »
McNamara did praise Devendorf, who was a freshman on that ‘06 team and ended up making this year’s All-Tournament team after finishing with a game-high 20 points in the title game.

Devendorf missed most of last year with a torn ACL and was then suspended this season by the University for allegedly striking a female student with an open hand.

“I’m a big fan of Eric’s,” said McNamara, who last year played in the NBA Development League. “He’s as good a guy and teammate as you can have..He’s been through a lot of controversy. He’s had some tough times, but it’s good to see him still focused on basketball. He’s doing a great job.”

And Boeheim believes Devendorf and company can continue to do a great job deep into the NCAA Tournament.

There will be no repeat of  ‘06 this time around.

“I told our players that the way we played the last two weeks has been tremendous for what we can do next week,” Boeheim said.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/03/14/devendorf-channeling-mcnamara-but-boeheim-says-09-wont-replay-06/#more-13504

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 10:28:53 AM »
Kids a punk whose gonna get his 'fore all is said and done.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 10:00:32 PM »
Dropped 21 with 5 3's.

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 10:45:19 PM »

just to clarify..even tho i think hes an ass....the girl did try to run him over with a car

Poison

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 03:19:50 PM »

I'm a huge McNamara fan.  I loved his attitude and I sometimes watch the highlights from that Big East Tournament three years ago.  It gives me goosebumps, because it was a senior--a great kid--refusing to go down.  If they lost even the championship game, they weren't going to the dance.

With that said, there was a clear difference between the athletic levels of GMac and Devendorf.  It was very evident on defense.  Devo was just so much more active, he closed out better, and he had better feet.  GMac's defense is the only thing keeping him from being a backup PG in the league.  I think he has more than enough PG ability offensively.

I want to dislike Devo.  He is a punk.  He is a showboat. But the kid always comes up big and he has an NBA offensive game.  I think the lack of man to man experience will kill him just like it did to Donte, John Wallace, Lawrence Moten, GMac, and so many other players that have come out of Syracuse.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but I couple of parts stood out.
How did Donte get killed with his lack of man to man skills?
He's a rookie. A 19 year old rookie for that matter.

Wallace would have been a very good NBA player,
but he didn't have his head on straight.

I think when it comes to GMac, people loved his heart, his attitude, and the respect he played the game with. Now, he didn't win that ring by himself, but as a strong supporting cast member, he allowed Carmelo to work that Championship game one on one because was he was so strong in that first half.

Devo, has obvious talents, but we all know that he is allowed to play such a wreckless brand of basketball because there is so much talent around him to pick the pieces if he should turn it over on 3 straight possessions like he did against Arizona State.

He is making big shots now, so you have to be happy with the way he's playing, but you never know when midnight will come for a guy that never met a shot he didn't like.

Marillac

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 04:06:26 PM »

I agree with a lot of what you said, but I couple of parts stood out.
How did Donte get killed with his lack of man to man skills?
He's a rookie. A 19 year old rookie for that matter.

Wallace would have been a very good NBA player,
but he didn't have his head on straight.

I think when it comes to GMac, people loved his heart, his attitude, and the respect he played the game with. Now, he didn't win that ring by himself, but as a strong supporting cast member, he allowed Carmelo to work that Championship game one on one because was he was so strong in that first half.

Devo, has obvious talents, but we all know that he is allowed to play such a wreckless brand of basketball because there is so much talent around him to pick the pieces if he should turn it over on 3 straight possessions like he did against Arizona State.

He is making big shots now, so you have to be happy with the way he's playing, but you never know when midnight will come for a guy that never met a shot he didn't like.

Plenty of players in the NBA don't have their heads on straight.  John Wallace didn't make it in the NBA because he was one of the worst defenders the league has ever seen. 

Donte Green is young--older than 19, though, I believe--but his only experience in college was in the 2-3 defense.  It gives players bad habits.  He, much like Wallace, is a horrible defender. 

Devendorf may not have met a shot he didn't like, but he doesn't take bad shots.  He is money from three, has a good mid-range game, and gets to the hoop very well for a 6'4 player.  It's not like he is tossing up prayers. 

I don't think he is a reckless player.  I think he showboats too much and that results in too many turnovers, but when the game is on the line he is awesome--shooting, passing, defense, whatever.