the one major dont of april fools day

• 9 replies

sjd8886

the one major dont of april fools day
« on: March 30, 2009, 01:36:55 PM »
none of you silly kids start a thread called NORM FIRED ok...there's the haha oh you got me kinda fun, and then there's just inappropriate

Re: the one major dont of april fools day
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 01:51:38 PM »
none of you silly kids start a thread called NORM FIRED ok...there's the haha oh you got me kinda fun, and then there's just inappropriate
or the "Lance Chooses St. John's" post...

Tha Kid

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 01:55:59 PM »
what would be great is if Norm actually IS fired on April Fools.  Then people would be scrambling to determine its veracity.

Would be a great trick by Fr. Harrington --- "Tricked you guys!  I still care about bball...Ive been planning this joke forever!"
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 01:58:27 PM »
Speaking of April fools.... Did get to see 60 minutes last night? I caught a few minutes of it as I was flipping through the channels. When flipping through, they were talking about some virus embedded in peoples computers that may shut down the entire internet on April 1st (I don't know how that's possible. But that's why they claimed). They had mentioned that the virus was on CBS's server and it took over 1 week of working on the server 24/7 to identify/find the virus and get it under control.

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 03:24:23 PM »
Who gives a f*ck.  This program is dead.  Our fanbase is just a bunch of 40 and 50 year old men talking about how awesome 1985 was and a bunch of pissed of younger fans that have to be surrounded with friends that support and/or went to school like Syracuse or Uconn that are flourishing. 

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 04:40:36 PM »
Damn, marillac.  You pissed off today. 

Program's not dead.  Just like when articles talk about how Kentucky's fallen on hard times?  Times ain't that hard for them, and they can start winning big in a year or two.  Just like St. John's can rise again with better coaching.  Not dead.  Just dormant for too long.

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 04:50:33 PM »
Damn, marillac.  You pissed off today. 

Program's not dead.  Just like when articles talk about how Kentucky's fallen on hard times?  Times ain't that hard for them, and they can start winning big in a year or two.  Just like St. John's can rise again with better coaching.  Not dead.  Just dormant for too long.

They just picked up Cal.  I'm pissed because I know Cal coudl of had us in the Final Four almost immediately.  Even more pissed that my tax dollars are going to be paying for him to coach at a school other than St. John's.

I feel like supporting this team is like supporting Marist or Iona.  They don't make the investments necessary to compete at the highest level.

It felt good yesterday to be walkign around Citi Field donning my St. John's gear and seeing thousands of others doing the same.  It's a shame that we are losing a whole generation of fans because of Norm's very long run as a horrible coach for St. John's.

I always felt there were only two coaches that could get us to the Final Four in no time:  Cal and Pitino.  Cal is off the board now and Moansch and co. will never make an investment for the coach of the quality of Pitino. 

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 05:14:06 PM »
marillac is 100% right.

the admin doesn't give a shit so why should we?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 05:38:59 PM »
I think getting pissed off is giving a sh*t, randomhero.

I wore a St. John's warm-up style shirt down in Indianapolis and hit the slippery noodle.  Louisville fans spoke to me like I'd recently broke up with my wife.  "It'll be good again one day," and all.

But you have to admit - $5 mil (if that's the price and the deal is signed) is a hell of a lot of money for a coach, and more than most schools can and should spend.  If that's the asking price for Cal, you have to admit that's out of most schools' budgets.  I would assume there is a lot of booster money in there to ensure that Kentucky can offer that amount.

What if the administration starts making noise about firing Norm on April Fools Day?  That would be pretty funny, no one would know what rumor to believe.

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 05:41:41 PM »
at this point i'm not even pissed.  it's just whatever.  until they do something to prove their main goal is to win, then i'm not goin to care as much.  they're the local team and the team i grew up with so that's why i'll continue to follow them.  but it's hard to really be passionate about stj hoops like i once was.  we have no hope with norm and harrington here.