Mcdonalds AA game

• 31 replies
Re: Mcdonalds AA game
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 04:54:20 PM »
who wins east or west?

I am going to go west they seem to have the better guards , they usually dominate the game only throwing alley-oops to the big men

That should be a good show down Henry vs Lance for Jayhawks crown
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2009, 05:40:35 PM »
Y'all talkin like this is some competative game.

The game aint even entertainin less you got a horse in the race.

And St. John aint got no horse.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 05:50:56 PM »
Sounds like Josh McRoberts , always wanted Josh instead of David Lee he fits the Knicks system way better

You are http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=relateded.  You think McRoberts fits the Knicks system better than Lee?  McRoberts sucks and Lee is one of the best athletes at his position in the league.  Do you even understand the Knicks "system?"  This the second assanine statement you've made about a sh*tty player being better than a good current knick.

Well Lee is 26 vs Josh who is 22

And if Lee is one of better athletes in the NBA than I guess McRoberts is one of the better athletes because McRoberts measure at 6-8 240 7-1 wingspan  with a 31.5 vertical leap while Lee is 6-7 230 7-0 wing span 30.5 vertical Leap

Josh was like a Point C in college which would be an asset to the Knicks system since it is based on ball movement. His high in college APG was 3.5 , Lee 2.8

Shooting is work in progress for both, but I would go Josh as Lee just started taking Jump shots last year with the Knicks and is improving nevertheless Josh  has always showed the ability & confidence to step outside since college.

One of the Knicks biggest problem is lack of a shot blocker Josh block 2.5 per game at Duke , Lee was .8. This season Lee blocked 19 in 72 games while Josh blocked 11 in 27 games.

Yea so I guess your right why would a player who is a better shot blocker , athlete , passer and shooter fit the current system which is based on that.

I like you kahnight but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you. Mcroberts sucks. Monty even bitched him out. He will never amount to anything in the NBA and Lee has overachieved long enough in his career that he is legitimately a solid NBA player. Also McRoberts is a cry baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NElaIEymBb4#
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2009, 06:10:25 PM »

Choz you've been so down lately. If some people choose to enjoy things and discuss them whats wrong with that? Thats what we're here for to discuss and debate. I don't know anyone who doesn't enjoy this game. This game has such a great history and can really make a name and put some players on the national map.

boo3

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2009, 07:25:18 PM »

Agree  100%. This game isn't competetive at all.  I do find it entertaining for the fact that the majority of us have never seen these guys play,  just read or heard about them.  Thats the reason i'll watch a little.   I remember being very excited to watch the game the year that Omar Cook and Darius Miles played in it.   That turned out great for SJU.

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 07:30:11 PM »

Agree  100%. This game isn't competetive at all.  I do find it entertaining for the fact that the majority of us have never seen these guys play,  just read or heard about them.  Thats the reason i'll watch a little.   I remember being very excited to watch the game the year that Omar Cook and Darius Miles played in it.   That turned out great for SJU.

i cant even explain how excited i was watching darius play and thinking how good we could be with those two. i always wondered what a team of omar hatten and miles could have done
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 12:54:05 AM »
How did the game end my DVR stop @ 10 pm with a couple of ticks left :'(
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2009, 12:58:33 AM »

I like you kahnight but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you. Mcroberts sucks. Monty even bitched him out. He will never amount to anything in the NBA and Lee has overachieved long enough in his career that he is legitimately a solid NBA player. Also McRoberts is a cry baby.

At the end of the day I am project why McRoberts who was always a better player than Lee in College & High school would be a better fit for the Knicks. However, at the end of the day this can't be proved until McRoberts gets some PT. So as of now advantage Lee.

LJSA

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2009, 01:12:42 AM »
At the end of the day I am project why McRoberts who was always a better player than Lee in College & High school would be a better fit for the Knicks. However, at the end of the day this can't be proved until McRoberts gets some PT. So as of now advantage Lee.

Neither of them would have been able to do anything against Adonal Foyle in high school or college, but that doesn't mean I'd want him on the Knicks.

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2009, 02:38:25 AM »

Neither of them would have been able to do anything against Adonal Foyle in high school or college, but that doesn't mean I'd want him on the Knicks.

I coached his cousin on my summer league team this past year. Alexis "flex" Foyle. Uhh what a headache he was. I think he is from NY area

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2009, 08:06:45 AM »

Choz you've been so down lately. If some people choose to enjoy things and discuss them whats wrong with that? Thats what we're here for to discuss and debate. I don't know anyone who doesn't enjoy this game. This game has such a great history and can really make a name and put some players on the national map.

If y'all luv:

-cherry-pickin
-horrendous TO's
-four on nuthin breaks
-offensive possessions wit no passin
-and 30-foot bricks

then y'all will enjoy the McD's.

This brother prefer some real ball like Glen Falls. Congrats to Rice and Coach Mo Hicks on a classic game for a classic title.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2009, 02:04:49 PM »

If y'all luv:

-cherry-pickin
-horrendous TO's
-four on nuthin breaks
-offensive possessions wit no passin
-and 30-foot bricks

then y'all will enjoy the McD's.

This brother prefer some real ball like Glen Falls. Congrats to Rice and Coach Mo Hicks on a classic game for a classic title.

Or you could enjoy a fun day for the best high school seniors in the country who get to showcase some skills. No one is saying the game is as competitive as the final foul but its definitely a day where some people introduce themselves to the country for the first time. So many great great great players have played in this game and thats something to get excited about because who is the next Worthy, Magic, Jordan, KG, Lebron, etc.

To dismiss everyone to getting excited or even talking about the game is pretty cynical. If people want to get be happy about something...let them.