Jamie Dixon

• 10 replies
Jamie Dixon
« on: April 02, 2009, 08:44:19 AM »
Floyd to Arizona,Jamie Dixon to USC,Sean Miller to Pitt? Does this make sense for Dixon,being that hes losing his best players(Fields,Young and most likey Blair)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:45:07 AM by Marco Baldi »

Poison

Re: Jamie Dixon
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 08:55:09 AM »
is levance fields good enough to
Play in Poland? If he plays in Italy, he'll be 300 pounds in no time.

I hope Dixon bolts. I miss the days of Vonteego Cummings.

kob24

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 09:51:12 AM »
jamie is from california. i have been hearing about this move for 3 years now. but who knows

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 10:03:40 AM »
I heard you can get the clap just walking on USC's campus.

But seriously, I haven't heard that Floyd's a done deal yet... Does Dixon want to compete against Ben Howland all year long?  Play in the shadow of Pete Carroll in a storied football school?  Be so far from the New York City and Pennsylvania kids that make his team so damned tough?

What if Dixon goes, and Pitt finds the money to buy out Miller (didn't he re-up for 8 years or something?  I am sure he's got a sick buyout, or more schools would have him as a candidate, right?), and St. John's can get Kevin Parrom... think on that.

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 10:28:46 AM »
Dixon can bring along Barry Rohrsen when Manhattan gets rid of him. Slice is losing 1 of his best players again this year, Chris Smith(JR's lil bro) announce hes transfering. Rashad Green left last year

Tha Kid

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 10:47:25 AM »
Dixon can bring along Barry Rohrsen when Manhattan gets rid of him. Slice is losing 1 of his best players again this year, Chris Smith(JR's lil bro) announce hes transfering. Rashad Green left last year

Are you saying good kids transferring should condemn a coach?
"I drink and I know things"

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 10:50:09 AM »
Marco, kind of like what Tony Bennett did in hiring Ritchie McKay? (started a topic on it here: http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=2417.0).

According to this article, Tim Floyd's base salary is only 850K @ USC.

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/college/113396.php

Meaning that with the right incentive plan, St. John's could possibly afford a new coach if they go that way. 

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 05:03:50 PM »

Maybe, if the best player on the team transfered 2 years in a row considering you went to bat for both.

Tha Kid

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 06:10:59 PM »

Maybe, if the best player on the team transfered 2 years in a row considering you went to bat for both.

Maybe not the best, but top 3:  see Avery Patterson, Q'arran Calhoun, Larry Wright....
"I drink and I know things"

pmg911

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 11:30:51 AM »

Rashard Green was nowhere near the best player on Manhattan when he went there..

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 11:40:39 AM »

Rashard Green was nowhere near the best player on Manhattan when he went there..

Thats why I said 1 of his best players in my initial post. In his 1 season at Manhattan, Green was top 5 in scoring and led the team in rebounds.