Toot Toot: All Aboard

• 14 replies
Toot Toot: All Aboard
« on: January 03, 2008, 01:19:19 AM »
The Larry Wright for more minutes train....yea I'm hopping on and I'm upset with his defense but let the kid get more comfortable out there. He can score and we should be running plays for him, mason, Justin period. DJ's play at the 2 has been lack luster in my opinion and I feel much more comfortable with him backing up Mason and Paris backing up Larry.

I think Larry hasn't played well but hasn't played poor enough to warrant 7 minutes. I urge Larry to not sit down and say this sucks but rise up Larry RISE UP and bust your ass in practice and get out of this dog house because we need you. We want you here and on the court.

Maybe we'll give Larry an honorary first chant in the roll call before the next game.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Toot Toot: All Aboard
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »
The Larry Wright for more minutes train....yea I'm hopping on and I'm upset with his defense but let the kid get more comfortable out there. He can score and we should be running plays for him, mason, Justin period. DJ's play at the 2 has been lack luster in my opinion and I feel much more comfortable with him backing up Mason and Paris backing up Larry.

I think Larry hasn't played well but hasn't played poor enough to warrant 7 minutes. I urge Larry to not sit down and say this sucks but rise up Larry RISE UP and bust your ass in practice and get out of this dog house because we need you. We want you here and on the court.

Maybe we'll give Larry an honorary first chant in the roll call before the next game.
Definitely give him a chant.  Maybe a "we want Larry" cheer at the next game?

kjd01067

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 10:48:36 AM »
I was very tempted at the game last night to stand up and yell to Norm put Larry in the F'n game.  If I wasnt sitting around all syracuse fans and 2 security guards I probably would have said it but I probably would have gotten kicked out.  Like i said in the post game though, Larrys defense has been bad but i think it is a necessary evil because his offense can be so explosive.

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 02:57:10 PM »
A "We Want Larry" chant is def in store during some time in the game Saturday. I think if the students start and the other so-called "fans" join in it will send a message to Norm. Basically saying "hey norm you ran 3 guys out last year who could put up points but according to you cant play a lick D yet our so-called better defensive team gave up 76 point last night and we could of used some offense out there!"

Tha Kid

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 03:55:46 PM »
I WAS yelling for Larry Wright the last 2 games and I have givin Larry standing Os each time he comes out.

I'm DEFINTIELY down for a "We Want Larry!!!" chant during the game.  I think it might be the first chant that even some alums get into!

I also think an honorary roll call should be given, but I say we don't stop it right when he waves...I say we keep going.  Let's make this kid realize he is loved by the fans and that even though he is Norm's whipping boy he is one of OUR favorites.

Something like "Larry Wriii-ight, Larry Wriii-iight."  and then when he waves "LARRY LEGEND!!!! LARRY LEGEND!!!" stop after second wave.  Give the kid a lil somethin extra.  This will boost his confidence hopefully nad maybe itll be the jolt he needs to shoot with confidence!
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 10:54:02 PM »
i been on the larry wright train since day 1 last year. kids a great shooter and can be a prime player in the BE if norm actually plays him and he sharpens his D. hes also a great kid and doesn't deserve the treatment hes getting from our great coach
We Not Me

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 11:24:16 AM »
Larry needs to play, but more importantly, Larry needs to play good.  He's turned into his old bud Avery and that's the last thing Norm wants on the court.  He took 7 shots last game ... all 3's.  I don't lose all hope on Larry's defense as I think he definetely has the ability, but right now he's not doing it.  Last game both Kennedy and Horne worked their asses off on BOTH ends all night.  This team needs Larry to spread out the D but if he's not going to work hard enough to earn the playing time then we can't have him out there getting toasted, not grabbing boards or passing while 2 other guys who give us a little of everything.  It's not up to Norm to Free Larry, it's up to him to free himself, and all he can do to show that is by putting in a 100% effort on both ends of the court. 

Tha Kid

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 12:04:01 PM »
Larry needs to play, but more importantly, Larry needs to play good.  He's turned into his old bud Avery and that's the last thing Norm wants on the court.  He took 7 shots last game ... all 3's.  I don't lose all hope on Larry's defense as I think he definetely has the ability, but right now he's not doing it.  Last game both Kennedy and Horne worked their asses off on BOTH ends all night.  This team needs Larry to spread out the D but if he's not going to work hard enough to earn the playing time then we can't have him out there getting toasted, not grabbing boards or passing while 2 other guys who give us a little of everything.  It's not up to Norm to Free Larry, it's up to him to free himself, and all he can do to show that is by putting in a 100% effort on both ends of the court. 

Kid needs more than 7 mins to prove that.  I have not noticed a lack of effort on Larry's part defensively, but even if there IS one, it is nowhere near the display patterson put on, and it took throwing headbands for Patterson to get something like 7 mins.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 12:19:50 PM »

Kid needs more than 7 mins to prove that.  I have not noticed a lack of effort on Larry's part defensively, but even if there IS one, it is nowhere near the display patterson put on, and it took throwing headbands for Patterson to get something like 7 mins.

Kid, I definetely don't want him getting 7 minutes, I'm sorry it came off like that.  The kid has to be doing something in practice to piss off Norm bc this is 2 years now he has rode the pine for reasons we don't know.  You don't earn playing time in games, you earn it in practice, so I don't think its fair to say he needs game time.  My guess is Paris busts his ass in practice and Larry goes through the motions chucking up 3's.  If you're coaching and that happens, who you going to play?? If you don't give the guy busting his ass over the other guy minutes what does that say about you as a coach, you'd lose all respect from your team.  I hope thats it and that Larry just starts to work harder and proves coach wrong, rather then Norm having some sort of vendetta against him.  Unfortunately I really think that unless something drastically changes with this Larry situation he's as good as gone from this team and we're gonna be all upset when he's lighting it up at a mid major.  Not being with the team everyday I cant really be definite of his practice habits, but just seems like the only logical thing to me.

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 01:00:55 PM »
Thats the thing i cant figure out because i have heard of how hard he worked in the off season, which showed early on, but it is quite apparent to me that with dj and paris's ability to defend better he prefers them over larry even though i ge the feelin larry does practice hard.

kob24

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 01:06:13 PM »
do u guys want hear something funny. he be killing in pactice out of all the players. and he jumps out the gym

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 01:17:15 PM »
do u guys want hear something funny. he be killing in pactice out of all the players. and he jumps out the gym

you mean larry, right?

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 02:09:54 PM »

damn, if thats about larry then i really have no clue whats going on

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 07:32:52 PM »
He's obviously in Norm's dog-house.  Wish I knew why  ???

TONYD3

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 08:17:21 PM »
Norm's only chance in my opinion to keep his job is to get his best players to play better and win games. If not I can't see how he is coming back.