Transfers- In/Out

• 50 replies
Re: Transfers- In/Out
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 01:39:30 PM »
Fordham denies Jio Fontan his release. Why do schools do this? If he is forced to come back he will not be happy and not play his best. Does Fordham think Rutgers tampered with the kid?

Once again another rule by the NCAA that works against the student-athlete.  Schools SHOULD NOT be allowed to deny a release to student-athletes.  I don't care if schools tampered with the kid.  The purpose of these institutions is to work in the best interest of the student-athlete. 

If I was a parent of an athlete that was being recruited by Fordham in any sport, I would have SERIOUS doubts as to whether I would send my kid there.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 01:42:30 PM »
Fordham denies Jio Fontan his release. Why do schools do this? If he is forced to come back he will not be happy and not play his best. Does Fordham think Rutgers tampered with the kid?

Once again another rule by the NCAA that works against the student-athlete.  Schools SHOULD NOT be allowed to deny a release to student-athletes.  I don't care if schools tampered with the kid.  The purpose of these institutions is to work in the best interest of the student-athlete. 

If I was a parent of an athlete that was being recruited by Fordham in any sport, I would have SERIOUS doubts as to whether I would send my kid there.

Hurley didnt do Fontan or Rosario any favors recommending they go to Fordham and Rutgers respectively. He also thinks Fontan should stay on at Fordham

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 02:33:20 PM »
Also, look for Kansas transfer Quintrell Thomas to land at Siena

i hope your right but i wouldnt be suprised if he goes to unlv. they were his second choice out of high school and hes taking a visit this weekend before he goes to siena next weekend
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Tha Kid

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 02:33:43 PM »

If this attempted transfer was to Memphis or UK or Uconn you'd be screaming bloody murder.  Why can't Rutger$ be part of the club?   ;) :D

I thought I made it obvious that I cant stand Calhoun and Calipari!  ;) Tha kid, do you think Fred Hill is a cheater?

I think I have NO idea who is a cheater and who is not a cheater - and many times it will not be the coaches but the boosters - and Rutgers has got to have more football money than UConn and Memphis if they wanted to make something happen by way of the basketball team.

I think there's a LOT of programs that have used questionable recruiting tactics at some point or another, and I wouldn't be shocked if Norm was one of them - perhaps not at St. john's though.

For the record, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jio Fontain was contacted beforehand, perhaps indirectly...I think this happens a LOT more than you'd think.  But no I don't think he was given any $.

Spoken like a true politician ;) Did you go to the PMG school of Going out on a limb?  ;)

I graduated Brian Smith, PmG., thank you very much.  How can anyone go out on a limb on this issue without cold, hard facts?  Unless you have facts or rumors, all you are doing is guessing based on the caliber of recruit and how slick the coach seems, which is unfair to the school and the coach.  I can't confirm or deny that ANY school in the country cheats...except the ones that we know DO.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 02:38:05 PM »

If this attempted transfer was to Memphis or UK or Uconn you'd be screaming bloody murder.  Why can't Rutger$ be part of the club?   ;) :D

I thought I made it obvious that I cant stand Calhoun and Calipari!  ;) Tha kid, do you think Fred Hill is a cheater?

I think I have NO idea who is a cheater and who is not a cheater - and many times it will not be the coaches but the boosters - and Rutgers has got to have more football money than UConn and Memphis if they wanted to make something happen by way of the basketball team.

I think there's a LOT of programs that have used questionable recruiting tactics at some point or another, and I wouldn't be shocked if Norm was one of them - perhaps not at St. john's though.

For the record, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jio Fontain was contacted beforehand, perhaps indirectly...I think this happens a LOT more than you'd think.  But no I don't think he was given any $.

Spoken like a true politician ;) Did you go to the PMG school of Going out on a limb?  ;)

I graduated Brian Smith, PmG., thank you very much.  How can anyone go out on a limb on this issue without cold, hard facts?  Unless you have facts or rumors, all you are doing is guessing based on the caliber of recruit and how slick the coach seems, which is unfair to the school and the coach.  I can't confirm or deny that ANY school in the country cheats...except the ones that we know DO.

OK Senator, Im going to put you on the spot. Which schools do "we" know cheat?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 02:42:26 PM »
So you know, I exalted you for that.   ;)

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 02:44:55 PM »

This is a message board, leave the cold, hard facts to the lawyers or to yahoo sports writers

Tha Kid

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 03:28:40 PM »

We know St. John's did under Jarvis.  We know UMass did under Calipari.  We know Missouri did under Quin Snyder.  We know Michigan did under Fischer.  The list goes on.  The coaches are not necessarily the ones who were found cheating though, so are we going to scrutinize coaches for being at schools with boosters who like to pay some HS kids to play sports for their alma mater?

Tha Kid

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2009, 03:29:22 PM »
This is a message board, leave the cold, hard facts to the lawyers or to yahoo sports writers

I am.

Tha Kid

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 03:30:29 PM »

Gracias Pedro!  Unfortunately, my smiter never showed face and because of my post I'm sure I have 5-10 people smiting me now so we will never know the true identity of Tha Kid's internet stalker.

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2009, 03:31:36 PM »

We know St. John's did under Jarvis.  We know UMass did under Calipari.  We know Missouri did under Quin Snyder.  We know Michigan did under Fischer.  The list goes on.  The coaches are not necessarily the ones who were found cheating though, so are we going to scrutinize coaches for being at schools with boosters who like to pay some HS kids to play sports for their alma mater?

You dont think Jarvis knew his players were getting paid? Or Cal with Camby?

Tha Kid

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 03:33:47 PM »

I have no idea.  It's definitely possible.  If you take Blue Chips to be the truth then they probably knew about it but had no role in getting the funds or passing the money.  What if they have no say in the payments?  Do they blow the whistle on their own program and give up a 1-2 mil salary per year, blacklisting themselves from ANY school pretty much bc most schools wouldnt want to take a risk on someone who'd blow a whistle on his own.  It's career suicide.  There are very few guys willing to stand up to it like Nick Nolte!

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2009, 03:37:55 PM »

I have no idea.  It's definitely possible.  If you take Blue Chips to be the truth then they probably knew about it but had no role in getting the funds or passing the money.  What if they have no say in the payments?  Do they blow the whistle on their own program and give up a 1-2 mil salary per year, blacklisting themselves from ANY school pretty much bc most schools wouldnt want to take a risk on someone who'd blow a whistle on his own.  It's career suicide.  There are very few guys willing to stand up to it like Nick Nolte!

I wonder what Jarvis was thinking when Erick Barkley pulled up to practice in an Escalade? "Oh, it must be his Uncles"

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 03:40:11 PM »
Also, look for Kansas transfer Quintrell Thomas to land at Siena

i hope your right but i wouldnt be suprised if he goes to unlv. they were his second choice out of high school and hes taking a visit this weekend before he goes to siena next weekend

Back on topic.

I think Thomas said he wanted to play close to home. Its probably between Siena and St Joes
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 03:40:51 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 03:44:20 PM »
Even if Rutgers did, what can they do about it besides alert the NCAA? 

Fontan can still pick up and go to a JUCO for a year if he wants, I think.  And who knows, he might just do that.

Also, Fordham has granted releases to 2 other kids-but deny Fontans?

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2009, 05:03:21 PM »
Kansas transfer Quintrell Thomas will be visiting IONA on Monday. Now that would be a great get for the Gaels
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 05:04:46 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2009, 02:53:18 PM »
Kansas transfer Quintrell Thomas will be visiting IONA on Monday. Now that would be a great get for the Gaels

visit was canceled sorry marco. looks like st joes siena or unlv

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2009, 03:03:25 PM »

Ya, I saw that-Iona has no scholarships left anyways. WOuld have been a good get though. I dont think he goes to Siena, I think he'll see that McCaffrey might be gone by the time hes eligible

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2009, 03:14:23 PM »
I wonder who is leaving Kentucky?
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2009, 03:23:25 PM »

Ya, I saw that-Iona has no scholarships left anyways. WOuld have been a good get though. I dont think he goes to Siena, I think he'll see that McCaffrey might be gone by the time hes eligible

ya i agree with you and dont think he chooses siena. but the fact that they got a visit from him is pretty big