Dead Norm Walking...

• 5 replies

Tha Kid

Dead Norm Walking...
« on: May 01, 2009, 10:34:20 AM »
Unless Captain Confident gets a clue and realizes he needs to hire an offensive GENIUS to get this team into the NCAA tourney next year - let alone manage the minutes well enough to keep everyone happy and find good lineup combinations - we will prob repeat in a lower postseason tourney - either the CBI or NIT - and SHOULD result in Norm's dismissal in mid-March 2010.

Because Father Harrington considers Norm the son he never had, perhaps that won't happen unless he retires as well.

Odds on Norm getting fired next year: 3/1
Odds on Monasch resigning because Norm is retained 100/1
Odds on St. John's making NCAA tourney next year 200/1

Bets can be placed with OldRed.

"I drink and I know things"

Re: Dead Norm Walking...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 10:36:51 AM »
Unless Captain Confident gets a clue and realizes he needs to hire an offensive GENIUS to get this team into the NCAA tourney next year - let alone manage the minutes well enough to keep everyone happy and find good lineup combinations - we will prob repeat in a lower postseason tourney - either the CBI or NIT - and SHOULD result in Norm's dismissal in mid-March 2010.

Because Father Harrington considers Norm the son he never had, perhaps that won't happen unless he retires as well.

I am surprised at you! You have followed this story for the last 5 years, Norm is not going anywhere unless he molests Louie at halftime at the garden while wearing a Mullin throwback jersey!

Tha Kid

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 10:39:34 AM »

I am surprised at you! You have followed this story for the last 5 years, Norm is not going anywhere unless he molests Louie at halftime at the garden while wearing a Mullin throwback jersey!

If someone convinces him that will bring us a recruit, perhaps we can lure him into getting fired???

odds on wasju's scenario - 199.9/1 (slightly better than us making the dance)
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:41:13 AM »
200/1 odds it worth taking a shot.

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 10:41:54 AM »

If someone convinces him that will bring us a recruit, perhaps we can lure him into getting fired???

odds on wasju's scenario - 199.9/1 (slightly better than us making the dance)

"So you are saying there is a chance!"
Someone go order up a Mullin jersey and grease up Louie, at least now we have a plan!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 11:19:12 AM »

I think Monasch resigning has less of a chance of happening than St. John's making the tourney.  If he's got a problem with Norm being retained, but can't do anything about it, why not resign sooner?  Unless he believes Norm is the guy for the job.