no LW in starting lineup
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Live! from Carnesecca Arena St. John's Vs Cincy
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 06:06:57 PM »
nothing like starting the game off 3 to's

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 06:50:34 PM »
the play malik made at the end of the half by penetrating the zone with his quickness, drawing in the zone, and then kicking out to a wide open Mase for a 3, is something that Geno just cant do. This adds such a dimension to this team, the ability for him to break down a defense with the shot clock winding down and find an open shooter is what a PG should be able to do.

Sloppy start, good finish for the Johnnies. IF JB can keep hitting that jump shot hes gonna be really special. Nice to see Larry in there to stroke that 3 ball, thanks for listening Norm.

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 06:53:15 PM »
Very good first half not the prettiest but we're up 11 and playing great defense. For all of those watching on TV as I maybe the only one but notice what we are doing on defense.

When Cincy runs the high screen that forces either Tomas or Dele out we're rotating defensively. We're shifting so that they don't have to get back immediately and they just pick up the guy on the wing. It's worked great so far.

In other notes Larry Wright's man has scored 7 points and has 1 ast against him while Larry has 3 points. So he is -4 in the first half in scoring but the 1 ast was really his fault too allowed the man to penetrate and give it up for a layup so some may argue minus 6 points.

JB playing great ball and even identifying the double team and showing off some passing ability this kid is really developing and developing fast.

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 06:55:58 PM »
In other notes Larry Wright's man has scored 7 points and has 1 ast against him while Larry has 3 points. So he is -4 in the first half in scoring but the 1 ast was really his fault too allowed the man to penetrate and give it up for a layup so some may argue minus 6 points.

Larry Wright's got 6 points...and one of the points his guy scored (Vaughn) was on a really good dribble move in transition that no one could have defended.

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 06:56:10 PM »
other notes we didn't shoot well from the FT line shooting 1-6 but Cincy didn't get 1 free throw all half

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 06:57:40 PM »

oops didn't mark the last three down so -1 or -3 pending how you look at it. He hasn't played bad, I say its because of the fro, he needs more time. DJ hasn't done much +/-

Larry Wright's got 6 points...and one of the points his guy scored (Vaughn) was on a really good dribble move in transition that no one could have defended.

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 06:59:13 PM »
DJ hasn't done much +/-

DJ does look a lot more confident out there today tho...just overall dribbling the ball and staying composed.

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 06:59:47 PM »
it looks like theres a lot more students there then i thought there was going to be..

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 07:01:31 PM »
I'll be the first to say I don't know anything about X's and O's, but the defense is looking much better. What bothers me is the amazing amount of turnovers! Also Geno must be a PG and not a shooting guard. Be the floor general! Justin Burrell is going to be a star in the Big East. Mark my words.

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 07:01:39 PM »
DJ hasn't done much +/-

DJ does look a lot more confident out there today tho...just overall dribbling the ball and staying composed.

it looks like they took a page out of the mets playbook and shaved their heads

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 07:03:13 PM »
DJ hasn't done much +/-

it looks like they took a page out of the mets playbook and shaved their heads

haha yea except Larry did the reserve and picked the fro back out

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 07:04:33 PM »
Geno already throwing the ball away..lucky the guy stepped out.  >:(

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 07:05:51 PM »
HAHA Tomas gets a Technical when the guy shoves him and TJ didn't even try to retaliate...

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 07:06:47 PM »
HAHA Tomas gets a Technical when the guy shoves him and TJ didn't even try to retaliate...

yea wtf? the guy clearly shoved him

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 07:15:16 PM »
Watch it and its clear tj started it, announcer is terrible i did'nt realize it was mason's hand that was hurt. :D

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 07:18:58 PM »
this team can never run a successful fast break...

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 07:33:56 PM »
up 8 at 8:11 left I honestly don't feel comfortable unless we're up double digits

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 07:52:48 PM »
i wonder why cincy didn't pressure in the back court all game?