Yet another Lance post...smh

• 42 replies
Yet another Lance post...smh
« on: May 01, 2009, 09:34:28 PM »
ok first things first..lets not get ahead of ourselves. Lance's college "choice" changes a good 5 times a day. its best to ignore these types of articles cause its constantly changing. Lance is still uncommitted so it doesnt make sense to jump the gun like he already picked his school. i'm not saying that we have a strong shot, and im not saying that we dont have a shot at all. all im saying is no one knows where lance is going to go, except for lance. so lets not get all our panties in a bunch in the meantime.
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

Re: Yet another Lance post...smh
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 11:28:58 AM »
If Lance doesn't come to St. John's, would you finally agree that Norm deserves to be fired?
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 12:22:17 PM »
If you  think this admin is thinking no Lance no Norm then you r crazy. Norm is here for at least another year. Norm has them sold on the three incoming recruits. I feel your frustration.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 12:52:59 PM »
as much as i do believe norm cant coach he is a great recruiter..@ kansas he wus a "great" recruiter but look what he had...ku...he doesnt have the same pitch's availible here @ sju..this class should b his best class of yet...omari is a top 100 talent hardy avg. 39 5 rebs n 2 ass his sr yr in h.s n stith is a solid pg..think about it all of r soph. were not that great their fresh yr except 4 mayb burrell n look how much they improved last yr..if they have the same improvement from the way they played last yr plaus adding on these recruits we should have a ncaa team...i would have 2 let him c what he does with this team then say if ur gunna fire him..what wus last yr his 1st yr with all norm recruits??...were headed in the rite direction

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 01:39:15 PM »
no one knows where lance is going to go... [including Lance].
It ain't over till it's over

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 03:07:04 PM »
as much as i do believe norm cant coach he is a great recruiter..@ kansas he wus a "great" recruiter but look what he had...ku...he doesnt have the same pitch's availible here @ sju..this class should b his best class of yet...omari is a top 100 talent hardy avg. 39 5 rebs n 2 ass his sr yr in h.s n stith is a solid pg..think about it all of r soph. were not that great their fresh yr except 4 mayb burrell n look how much they improved last yr..if they have the same improvement from the way they played last yr plaus adding on these recruits we should have a ncaa team...i would have 2 let him c what he does with this team then say if ur gunna fire him..what wus last yr his 1st yr with all norm recruits??...were headed in the rite direction

omari isn't even in the top 150 in a few of the recruiting rankings.  stith was recruited by A-10 schools and all the people ive talked to about stith thinks hes a mid major player who will back-up malik each of the next 2 years (and malik isnt good enough to be a big east starter). 

what makes you think this team, which got bounced in the first round of the CBI, will make the ncaa tournament this year? 

people love to say that the team "improved" over the course of the year, but look at their last 2 games of the season: they got DEMOLISHED by marquette in the BET and then got bounced by richmond in the CBI.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

sjd8886

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 04:24:42 PM »
If Lance doesn't come to St. John's, would you finally agree that Norm deserves to be fired?

even if lance does come norm doesnt deserve his job...as much as i say to myself, if he got top 10 recruiting classes every year like unc or duke he would do well, fact is, there are coaches who have done a lot more with a lot less...even crazy gonzo can take a 3 star recruit (hazell) and turn him into an nba player in 2 years...and yes i know he hasnt gone yet and is returning for a 3rd year but the kid is lights out, great nba prospect...you need to win to get recruits...doesnt matter where your school is, how big it is, how nice your facilities are...all u gotta do is win...consistent ncaa trips, no matter the conference, or any other factor, breeds consistent recruiting

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 07:09:47 PM »
 Lance will announce to Arizona very soon, Book Richardson will be in town shortly to seal the deal
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 07:41:14 AM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 10:43:21 PM »

omari isn't even in the top 150 in a few of the recruiting rankings.  stith was recruited by A-10 schools and all the people ive talked to about stith thinks hes a mid major player who will back-up malik each of the next 2 years (and malik isnt good enough to be a big east starter). 

what makes you think this team, which got bounced in the first round of the CBI, will make the ncaa tournament this year? 

people love to say that the team "improved" over the course of the year, but look at their last 2 games of the season: they got DEMOLISHED by marquette in the BET and then got bounced by richmond in the CBI.

like i said if all the jrs improve as well as they did from there freshman 2 sophmore yrs ...look what sean evans parris horne dj kennedy n rob thomas did last yr compared 2 what they did they fresh yr!if they continue to improve that much plus the additions we have coming in plus mase back we should b a ncaa team...and u cant say anything about are last 2 games cuz marquette had something 2 prove without james n richmond was a good team who played a lot of ncaa teams very close plus it wus a tru road game

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 01:05:49 AM »

like i said if all the jrs improve as well as they did from there freshman 2 sophmore yrs ...look what sean evans parris horne dj kennedy n rob thomas did last yr compared 2 what they did they fresh yr!if they continue to improve that much plus the additions we have coming in plus mase back we should b a ncaa team...and u cant say anything about are last 2 games cuz marquette had something 2 prove without james n richmond was a good team who played a lot of ncaa teams very close plus it wus a tru road game

I'm not denying the fact there may or will be improvement next year to everyone's game but often the biggest spike in potential usually occurs from freshman to sophomore year while the improvements over junior and senior year are more marginal. If this is the case we're struggling.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 11:24:25 AM »

I'm not denying the fact there may or will be improvement next year to everyone's game but often the biggest spike in potential usually occurs from freshman to sophomore year while the improvements over junior and senior year are more marginal. If this is the case we're struggling.

o thats tru good point..well then i say were a nit team nxt yr..lol..then by everyones sr yr we should deffinetly b in the dance cuz then lawrence n stith will have that improvement hardy will b improved plus all of those sr's....sh*t we better!...lol

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 12:02:25 PM »
how can you be so optimistic?  were you following the team when we lost out on everybody last year, or the years before that?  i used to like norm but once he lost out on EVERYBODY last year, it's impossible to think he's a good recruiter.  and to think we can get lance still?  it's so obvious lance doesn't want to come here.  if it wasn't, he would have committed already. 

if arizona wants lance, they can find a spot...  and at this point, no one knows, and quite frankly i don't care, where he ends up.  i'm lanced-out.  if he comes to st johns, awesome.  if not, that's fine.  the only thing that worries me is norm targeting more jucos this year.

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 12:08:34 PM »
how can you be so optimistic?  were you following the team when we lost out on everybody last year, or the years before that?  i used to like norm but once he lost out on EVERYBODY last year, it's impossible to think he's a good recruiter.  and to think we can get lance still?  it's so obvious lance doesn't want to come here.  if it wasn't, he would have committed already. 

if arizona wants lance, they can find a spot...  and at this point, no one knows, and quite frankly i don't care, where he ends up.  i'm lanced-out.  if he comes to st johns, awesome.  if not, that's fine.  the only thing that worries me is norm targeting more jucos this year.

Agreed. Norm is out of get out jail free cards. There is no reason for optimism. I will wait until Lance signs his LOI before I completely denounce him.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 12:13:42 PM »

ive been following the team since i wus 6!...i remember we were pretty good i remember bien @ my grandparent house watchn the gonzaga game n i cried after we lost..lol...i have 2 b optomistic thats my team when u have people around jus uconn this uconn that u get sick of it..lol..so every yr i bet with ma boy that we beat em..neva do but gota b optomistic..arizona dosnt really want lance..he wus there backup almost like henry 2 kansas arizona preffers parrom over stephenson ...thats y im still optomistic about him coming here cuz memphis n kentucky rnt really interested in him...about the jucos ur rite tho because we already have wayyyy 2 many jrs n if he keeps doin that  were gunna have 2 start all  over again in 2 yrs

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 12:30:09 PM »
i was in 4th grade when we lost to gonzaga and i cried too.  but, to be a fan it doesn't entail having to be optimistic.  i just hope you don't get disappointed with your spirits so up...

and memphis is definitely interested.  why wouldn't they be? a young, up and coming coach has the chance to land a 5-star stud to keep the cycle going which calipari started.  if pastner wants to prove he can coach at this level he will have to handle personalities along the way.  and lance is a nice first test.

i think kentucky is key'd on john wall.  if he doesn't land there, we'll see with lance. 

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 12:39:24 PM »
i was in 4th grade when we lost to gonzaga and i cried too.  but, to be a fan it doesn't entail having to be optimistic.  i just hope you don't get disappointed with your spirits so up...

and memphis is definitely interested.  why wouldn't they be? a young, up and coming coach has the chance to land a 5-star stud to keep the cycle going which calipari started.  if pastner wants to prove he can coach at this level he will have to handle personalities along the way.  and lance is a nice first test.

i think kentucky is key'd on john wall.  if he doesn't land there, we'll see with lance.

tru but ive grown used 2 it 2 the point where i deffinetly wont get let down...im just goin off what i have been reading it seems like memphis isnt making a real push at him..ur deffinetly rite about kentucky they r looking 4 a pg

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 05:56:25 AM »

no because ive said from the start...i feel lance would hurt next years team more than help it.
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 09:06:45 AM »
How does Lance Stephenson compare to Lenny Cooke coming out of High School? Anyone seeing any similarities?

boo3

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 12:33:12 PM »

no because ive said from the start...i feel lance would hurt next years team more than help it.

Didn't you start a thread stating that with Lance we would make the NCAA's?  and practically guaruntee it?  Unbelievable.
  This is your quote

not optimistic, realistic...St Johns beat notre dame and swept georgetown. They kept many games close agaisnt high powered teams, BC and Duke were close games. Some of the final scores of games are misleading but even with Uconn and other ranked BE teams St Johns kept the game close or tied at various points in the game. Next year we will only improve as our current player mature, the addition of Mase, the addition of Omari and Dwight to add depth at that position, and 3 other possible recruits we may or may not get. Either way, with the addition of Lance and all these factors just mentioned the tourney is practically a given.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 12:40:31 PM by boo3 »

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 12:40:16 PM »
We are given every opportunity to lock this kid......

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs...ADD_STEPHENSON

SOURCES: ARIZONA LIKELY WON'T ADD STEPHENSON
May 04, 2009 | 8:19AM | report this Don’t expect Arizona to add McDonald’s All-American Lance Stephenson to its current class.

According to sources close to the situation, new Wildcats coach Sean Miller has had communication with the Stephenson camp – largely due to the relationship between Stephenson and Arizona assistant coach Emanuel “Book” Richardson – also a New York native.

However, Arizona is not expected to make a move on the talented, yet enigmatic wing player.

Stephenson (Scout.com, No. 8) was thought to be headed to Kansas – but the Jayhawks elected to take Xavier Henry instead. Stephenson was also involved with St. John’s and Maryland, but sources indicate he and his family have reached out to numerous schools and have put both St. John’s and Maryland on the back burner.

Memphis and Arizona were two that expressed a level of interest, but the Wildcats – according to a source – are concerned with off-the-court issues involving Stephenson.

Another source said that Memphis first-year head coach Josh Pastner is researching the situation and that the Tigers could be the eventual home for Stephenson.

Europe is also an option that has been discussed with Stephenson.

[edited to delete non-Stephenson sections of article]
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 01:00:43 PM by peter »